[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CONCEALED CARRY THREAD /k/, why do so many of you feel the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52
File: concealedcarryiwbholster.jpg (142 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
concealedcarryiwbholster.jpg
142 KB, 1280x720
CONCEALED CARRY THREAD

/k/, why do so many of you feel the need to carry a gun with you all the time? I'm curious to hear your arguments for doing so.

Also, have you ever had to use your CC? And what would you recommend for CCing?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
SHALL
>>
File: image.jpg (471 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
471 KB, 1280x960
NOT
>>
>>30314702
Surely you don't carry a lethal weapon on a daily basis just because you can? Why put that responsibility on yourself just for the sake of it?
>>
File: image.jpg (617 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
617 KB, 1600x1200
BE
>>
I conceal carry a Nerf Doublestrike every day.
>>
>conceal carry in dangerous area
>don't conceal carry in safe area
>bad person goes into safe area

If my gun was waterproof I'd wear it in the shower.
>>
>>30314717
Some people believe in personal responsibility.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
INFRINGED
>>
File: pkcQaLn.jpg (252 KB, 736x721) Image search: [Google]
pkcQaLn.jpg
252 KB, 736x721
>>30314722
>>
Cuz you never know when you're gonna need it and much like a parachute if you need it and don't have it you likely won't need anything ever again.
I use mine pretty regularly to shoot critters, especially groundhogs, fuck groundhogs. The black bear population has exploded in the last few years too, they're not particularly dangerous but can cause some serious property destruction if left unchecked, like a 300 pound raccoon. Then there's coyotes, wild dogs and hybrids thereof.
>>
>>30314680
Hmmm idk. It might be because if some stupid sand nigger tried the shit that happened at pulse around people who carry he would have been fucked. Think that shit would nearly have been as bad if half the people in that bar had been ccing? Thankfully i haven't had to use mine. Somthing comfortable for you. Try shit out see how it feels make sure it feels right and is easy to get to.
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
YOU
>>
>>30314751
That's a fair point, though by Pulse I assume you mean that gay bar in Orlando?
>>
>>30314680

I carry because I don't want someone else to be responsible for my safety. I don't think I'll ever really need to use my CCW, especially if I'm alert, cautious, and knowledgeable about the law, and those are things you should be if you CC.

Strangers who don't know me are forced through their tax dollars to provide a semblance of security to me, and no one really questions it. By carrying I like to believe I'm doing a small thing to reduce my dependence on them. I have enough money to eat, so I don't seek food stamps. I make enough money to support myself in retirement, so I don't expect a pension. I am fortunate enough to be able to afford a gun, so I take responsibility for my protection to the extent the law allows me to.

I haven't used my CC, but I think the CZ P-07 is a good compact pistol for its price.
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
HOMO
>>
File: 1461901663045.gif (281 KB, 600x940) Image search: [Google]
1461901663045.gif
281 KB, 600x940
>>30314680
Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Same reason I carry an EpiPen even though I only get an allergic reaction to a specific spackling used in the 1980s.

Pure and simple ease of mind.
>>
>everyone ccing subcompacts
>my father CCs an FNX 45 tactical and doesn't even print
lrn2carry
>>
>>30314734
Do you see your CC as a safeguard? Like you can't feel safe without it?
>>
>>30314680
1.) Because they can/should be able to.
2.) Nope
3.) A concealable weapon that won't over penetrate
>>30314717
1.) Yes
2.) In the rare chance that someone CCing has to stop someone with malicious intent, they are there to help
>>
Has anyone in this thread actually used or needed their cc? Or oc I guess
>>
File: 1456684905422.jpg (354 KB, 1350x1532) Image search: [Google]
1456684905422.jpg
354 KB, 1350x1532
>>30314680
I carry everday from morning to night because i have been in a situation were i needed it but didint have it.
I dont want that feeling again.
>>
>>30314680
>/k/, why do so many of you feel the need to carry a gun with you all the time? I'm curious to hear your arguments for doing so.

Think of it like this:
You put on your seatbelt when you get in your car. You don't do it because you plan to get into a crash, you do it in case you do. If you're a good driver, this is usually the other person's fault.

You might have a fire extinguisher in your house or vehicle in case it catches fire. You don't plan to set it on fire or do anything stupid with fire, but in case something bad happens, you can stop the fire and keep your stuff safe and your family safe (in the case of a house fire).

I carry a gun in case something bad happens. I don't plan to need it, and I hope to never need it, but I don't hope to need a seatbelt or a fire extinguisher either, but I still have them.

The only person truly responsibility for your safety in this world is you. You put on your seatbelt when you get in the car. You can also put on your CC. It doesn't hurt anything to have it, but god help you if you actually need it.
>>
>>30314815
Those are solid points, though in European countries ccing or ocing is nearly unheard of, and they seem to get on fine, I'm not trying to dispute your point, but I'm wondering what your opinion is on why Europe is different to the US in terms of cc
>>
>>30314818
It's irrelevant whether or not someone has needed it. The right to defend oneself from someone else with a weapon should exist.
>>
>>30314844
Europe is a continent, narrow it down a bit.
>>
>>30314821
That's very interesting, I wouldn't want to cause you any distress or anything, but would you mind giving a summary of this incident, I'm just curious is all.
>>
File: IMG_0219.jpg (4 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0219.jpg
4 MB, 3264x2448
>>30314818
>be me
>see a bear
>MOTHER FUCKER
Pic related
>>
>>30314844
Tell that to the people in paris. People will kill eachother regardless of guns. Sure you dont hear about it in euro because a lot of gun laws are tight, but people still find away to kill each other. My guess is a majority of incidents that would occur with guns in euro just occur with knifes bats or some other shit instead.
>>
>>30314744
Checked.

>>30314843
I didn't quite finish my thought here.

>I carry a gun in case something bad happens. I don't plan to need it, and I hope to never need it, but I don't hope to need a seatbelt or a fire extinguisher either, but I still have them.

Just like you put on your seat belt in case your get into a crash, and the crash is likely going to be someone else's fault if you're a good driver, taking my CC is something to help me when someone else wants to do something to put my life in danger. It is my fire extinguisher. It might not even put out the fire, but it can slow it down until help arrives. Just like a seat belt can't help stop you getting hurt or killed, but doesn't guarantee anything. Its better to have had it most of the time, even if unfortunately some folks still get hurt or die despite using it.
>>
>>30314818
Only once and the guy didn't even know it.

I got home late one night and as I was stepping out of my car a person who was walking down the block started running full sprint at me. Since I consider there to be no reason to break into a mad sprint at someone I stepped behind the front of my car and drew my carry, but left it down at my side.

Turns out it was a tenet from one of the buildings I own down the street and he was coming to finally pay the rent. I just took his cashiers check and everything was normal.
>>
>>30314859
Fair enough, take Ireland for example, it has cities were cases of senseless violent crime takes place, though ccing is unheard of
>>
>>30314844
>but I'm wondering what your opinion is on why Europe is different to the US in terms of cc

Primarily a different culture related to firearms, but you're still being overly broad. A place like France has wildly different gun laws from a much more gun friendly place like Switzerland or even Germany.
>>
File: IMG_0210.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0210.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>30314881
>bear see's Glock 29
>runs
>chicken shit
>>
>>30314904
Very strict laws on guns probably makes it not worth the hassle.
>>
>>30314924
I'd run from a hand grenade too
>>
>>30314897
Well that's fair enough I can see why you would have reason to draw
>>
>>30314881
That's creepy, I thought it was a dinkly little trickle of a stream until I saw the bear for scale
>>
>>30314951
AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
you dumb cuckinstein.
>>
>>30314939
Do you think that it could be argued that Ireland's strict gun laws are proportional to it's low gun crime?
>>
>>30314977
Gun crime is on the rise though in Ireland
>>
>>30314960
It's a river. On the opposite side is a sort of pond that seagulls nest at. The bears go and get the eggs, I found this out because I saw egg shells in their poop once. When I saw it, it was on the other side of the river up stream. By the time it walked/swam across it came out where I took the pic. I didn't think it was going to make it and get caught up in the rapids down river.
>>
Some nut case tried to break into my house years ago, and the cops took over 15 minutes to get there. All I had was a baseball bat. Purchased my shotgun after that.

Two years later, a gas station that I was in not 15 minutes before was robbed and the clerk got stabbed (he lived.) I got my CC license and Glock after that.

I believe you have to be responsible for your own safety.
>>
>>30314889
This seems to be the most common opinion so far, and it makes sense I guess
>>
>>30314971
[spoiler]I just wanted a (You), Glocks are fine guns, definitely do the job but I wouldn't call them spectacular[/spoiler]
>>
>>30315031
>blue board that doesn't have spoilers
Well fuck now I'm the jackass
>>
>>30315047
>/r9k/ raid detected
>>
>>30315004
There's been no change in legislation though on ccing and people seem to get on with their lives just fine here, do you think that maybe Americans are over reliant on guns?
>>
>>30314680
Where is /k/'s stance on ccing while at a bar or club while consuming alcohol? Do you leave your gun at home or just not drink at all?
>>
>>30315095
Depends on who you are. Be responsible. Can you handle ccing and drinking? Are you drinking a lot? If you cant handle it leave that shit at home. If you cc you do it responsibly
>>
>>30315067
I primarily use /v/, but come to /k/ sometimes because I enjoy shooting guns but don't do it nearly often enough because I never have the chance to, and because I only own a 10/22 because I am poor.
>>
File: Tb8iIx3.jpg (21 KB, 374x371) Image search: [Google]
Tb8iIx3.jpg
21 KB, 374x371
>>30314844
>and they seem to get on fine

>Sweden is South Africa tier fucked
>France is jihad zone
>Britain is having their children sold out from under them and the police are complicit
>Germany muslim superpower by 2020
>Southern countries filled with rapefugees they can't get rid of
The fuck is "doing OK" by your standards? Use foresight, shit is about to go down and they are defenseless.
>>
>>30315122
While whether or not you can handle it is a factor, but say you use your CC and are found to have alcohol in your system at the time, regardless of condition, would this still work against you in court?
>>
>>30314680
I carry 100% of the time, so that if I need a gun there is a 100% chance I have one on my person. I started with mouseguns, then for a while I carried a full size 1911, and now I compromise and carry a 1911 if I am out for a short period of time, an officer 1911 if I am out for a few hours, and a Glock 43 if I am out all day. Pocket carry .32 at work.
>>
>>30315095
My stance is why the fuck are you at a club
>>
>>30315147
Very much so.

Basically everything will be used against you in court. Have some really nice groupings at 30 yards on a paper target that you posted on facebook? That lawyer is going to point out your accuracy and ask why you didn't shoot the guy in the leg if you're that accurate.

Whatever it is, no matter how small it may seem, a lawyer WILL use it against you if they think they can.
>>
>>30315186
>ask why you didn't shoot the guy in the leg
A lawyer might go for that angle, but if so, that lawyer would get laughed out of the courtroom.
>>
>>30314791
Depends on where I'm going. If I'm going to work and back I couldnt care less, but if I'm going down to Walmart, fuck you I'm gonna go strapped. Same thing with the grocery store near me. Lots of really weird melanin enriched people where I am.
>>
>>30314722
>not open carrying nerf rough cut 2x4
>>
>>30315237
>not open carrying a precharged Super Soaker 900
>>
File: tumblr_o8fegidlIQ1t95h1uo1_400.gif (527 KB, 300x321) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o8fegidlIQ1t95h1uo1_400.gif
527 KB, 300x321
>>30314786
tell us your secrets

>>30314720
mirin
>tfw gonna buy my first pistol
>tfw kinda want glock 20 or 29
>tfw know it's impractical and ammo is expensive
>>
File: DSCF0440.jpg (629 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0440.jpg
629 KB, 1600x1200
>>30315254
I have both and am not poor
>>
>>30315095
Whoever the designated driver is, gets to carry. Then again I live in Florida, and you can't carry into bars around here.
>>
>>30315250
>not open carrying a precharged Super Soaker 900 filled with pepper gel mixed with sulphuric acid
>>
>>30314680
I carry a gun for the same reason I keep a few bottles of water, a blanket, and a first aid kit in my car. I don't know whats going to happen today and while I hope every day is the best it can be, its wise to be prepared for the worst.
>>
>>30315267
>Then again I live in Florida, and you can't carry into bars around here.

I think we realized that over the weekend.
>>
>>30314843
Basically all this, plus response time. Cops take about 4 minutes in my area. In 4 minutes i can eliminate the threat, unload and set aside my weapon, call my lawyer, and wash my hands. 4 minutes is a very long time. Same reason I keep fire extinguishers around. I live in an apartment. If something happens, it begins to affect me quickly. I need to be able to contain the fire, and evacuate my family faster than the fire station can even roll out. It's just a tool to use for protection of myself, my loved ones, and my property. Never (knock on wood) have needed it, but I have needed the fire extinguisher more than once before help arrived
>>
>>30314680
I used to, not anymore
>>
>>30315267
>Whoever the designated driver is, gets to carry.

The fact that people actually need to be told this just shows how many people drive drunk. You can pretty much assume anyone who asks how bar carry is supposed to work drives drunk on the regular.
>>
>>30314791
After wearing it for a while, I kinda feel weird without it. Its like that feeling you have when you forget your wallet or phone. You're not really worried about anything, but you're used to having it and something unexpected can arise. I don't get paranoid or anything, but I do try to be extra cautious while I'm out. The only time I've really ever not felt safe when I wasn't carrying was when I had to stop for gas at night on my way home from college. I was filling up and this guy walked around from the back of the station and started asking for cash. I told him I didn't have any and apologized and left and started leaning against the side of the building. Then I saw two other guys walking around from the other side of the building start towards me. I slapped the nozzle back in the pump and gtfo.
>>
>>30315339
When seconds matter, the police are only minutes away.
>>
File: IMG_0043.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0043.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1536
>>30314680
>why do so many of you feel the need to carry a gun with you all the time? I'm curious to hear your arguments for doing so.
One thing I think a lot of us pro-gunners fail to get across is the fact that we NEVER would want to have to use our CCW.
God forbid you ever have to use any of your firearms for self defense.
None of us (responsible folk) carry and go looking or pray for trouble to come along... This is something a lot of liberal gun grabbers and the left need to get out their heads.

>>30314702
This shit needs to stop. Whenever someone, even politely and calmly, asks any question that may or may not be against gun ownership you guys sperg out and look like parrots on the left.
>SHALL
>OMFG KYS GUN GRABBER
>NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR OPINION!!!
>etc.
>etc.
Getting sick of seeing these kind of responses. It's no wonder why people think we're just a bunch of manchildren that can't be trusted with firearms.
>>
>>30315399
>It's no wonder why people think we're just a bunch of manchildren that can't be trusted with firearms.

This is /k/. For the most part, we ARE a bunch of manchildren who can't be trusted.
>>
>>30314881
What state?
>>
>>30315254
He had some alien gear holster that goes inbetween your waist and your pants on, but I couldn't even fucking tell he had it on him. He was wearing a dress shirt and pants too. I can usually see when he prints if he sits down, but there wasn't even a ghost of an outline. I asked him why he wasn't carrying and he said he was and then he showed me the holster and I was fucking amazed.
>>
>>30314844
"Getting on fine" is a relative term. The majority of people in the U.S. don't carry. Everyone "gets on fine" until they don't. Concealed or open carry isn't supposed to be a way to lessen crime on a large scale, although it may or may not have that effect. Its an option for individuals to fight back against attackers should they ever find themselves in a life or death situation. I don't know how a person's thinking changes after they get assaulted in Europe, but I'd imagine that they apply certain behaviors to their lives to prevent it in the future. The same happens in the U.S., only one of those behaviors could be "I'm going to buy a gun so I can have a say in whether I live or die if I'm not as lucky next time."
>>
File: 1449365271247.jpg (18 KB, 246x205) Image search: [Google]
1449365271247.jpg
18 KB, 246x205
>>30315264
Well I guess I better level up my fucking job then.
>>
Its my duty to protect my family. Everywhere. The police come around after a crime has been reported. People keep umbrellas in case it rains and rain doesn't kill you.
>>
>>30315206
No he wouldnt, i dont think you understand how fucking stupid a jury can be. Take ojs case. One of the jury members didnt understand what oj's history of domestic violence had to do with the case. The lawyer will play what ever card he has to in order to convince some librafag that self defense isnt a thing.
>>
File: DSCF0452.jpg (635 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0452.jpg
635 KB, 1600x1200
>>30315471
Alaska
>>
>>30314844
>they seem to get on fine
Have you read the news once in the past five years?
>>
File: DSCN9546.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
DSCN9546.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>30315399
>Getting sick of seeing these kind of responses.
>from an OP troll post
Maybe 4chan is to much for you.
>>
>>30314680
>/k/, why do so many of you feel the need to wear a seatbelt all the time? I'm curious to hear your arguments for doing so.
>>
>feel the need to carry a gun with you all the time
When I'm in a car I feel the need to wear a seat belt. When I'm home I like having a fire extinguisher and insurance.

I'd prefer living in a world where I didn't need those things either, and hope I never have to use them, but they're there in case I do.
>>
>>30314844
People in undeveloped country is getting on fine without a bunch of stuffs too.
No Internet, no healthcare, no steady water and electricity supply, etc. And they still manage to live a (shitty) life. I'm not saying a life in nogun Europe region would suck. I'm saying getting on fine is not a standard you employ to judge whether you need it or not.
Like>>30315481 said. It's more about what you can have and what you choose.
>>
You want the real answer
They carry out if fear
Now this is definitely not to say every gun owner is afraid and responsible hunting, sport shooting and home defense reasons are all great, but that guy that carries inside his jacket and strapped to his ankle is full of fear of the world and the gun is power and confidence that he lacks

>b-but muh defense against being mugged and what is some one starts shooting up the street

Power fantasies constructed to justify his fearful behavior and stroke his ego that in the face of danger he would bravely take a stand and save the day even though statistically you're more likely to be strike by lightning than one of the scenarios unless you seek it out
>>
File: 20160617_232413.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160617_232413.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1536
My bodyguard
>>
>>30314680
Do you not have a fire extinguisher or smoke detector in your home? No jumper cable or first aid kit in your car? No flashlight or candles in case of a power outage? No oars in your motorboat?

Shit happens, and it's better to be prepared for shit than to down in it.
>>
>>30314786
>Not concealing a Desert Eagle

Git gud, poster's dad.
>>
>>30315588
>They carry out if fear
Absolutely right.
Fear for not being able to protect myself, my family, and my property with bare hand.
>even though statistically you're more likely to be strike by lightning than one of the scenarios
God forbid we're going to find out what I would perform in the actual self-defensing scenario.
But still, it's good to have another option with you 24/7.
>>
>>30315588

>People should not be able to return home at the end of the day if faced with a violent crime situation
>>
>>30315293
Topkek
>>
>>30315588
>even though statistically you're more likely to be strike by lightning than one of the scenarios unless you seek it out
>There are 200k+ people per year struck by lightning
News to me
>>
File: 2011_0830_183103AA[2].jpg (64 KB, 799x535) Image search: [Google]
2011_0830_183103AA[2].jpg
64 KB, 799x535
>>30314680
Being a victim of multiple violent crimes tends to shape one's worldview. I've never had occasion to use it (the one time I got close, I beat my wife beating neighbor back to my apartment before he could catch me), and god willing, I never will. I carry a S&W model 64 with a four inch barrel and a bobbed hammer. Pic isn't mine, but it looks much the same. I carry it IWB at 1 o'clock.
>>
>>30315659
>muh strawman
Let's take a scenario of being mugged at gun point, you have 3 options
1. Give him your wallet
2. Run away
3. Draw your weapon

Which one of these options escalates the situation the most and will have the most severe violent repercussions to one or both parties
Not to mention that if its some jumpy thug with a gun there's a very good chance he'll shoot you the second he sees gun and not wallet before you fully draw and aim
>>
>>30315787
>will have the most severe violent repercussions to one or both parties
>Caring if a robber gets fucking shot dead
Why is it after every shooting /k/ gets flooded with liberal fucking teens
>>
>>30315787

Give him the wallet, then shoot the wallet and run. Duh.
>>
>>30314751
Alcohol, darknes, confusion and guns dont mix well
>>
>>30315787
Grabs gun, point it away. Reach for your CC, shoot the nigger.
Not the best. But since you insist on using on scenario in replacement of any other scenario.
>>
>>30315787
>mugged at gunpoint

You've already fucked up. You should have been aware of the nigger approaching before they even got to you and had your hand on your CC.

Secondly, you shouldn't be in a shit part of town, but if you are you would be observant of your surroundings. Most self defense scenarios can be avoided or helped by having good awareness and placing yourself in a better position or getting the fuck out before they reach you.

Finally, the answer is to drop your wallet and then shoot them when their eyes follow it instead of you.
>>
File: hillary pac.jpg (146 KB, 666x633) Image search: [Google]
hillary pac.jpg
146 KB, 666x633
>>30315813
pic related
>>
>>30314680
methheads fucking everywhere.
>>
>>30315813
Because some edge lord like my college roommates hear about 4chan and think they can take the fight to the "bad guys" mind you most of these people are fucking retarded. As an example my roommate being a librafag once argued that war was economically bad and that WWII damaged the us economy. These are the type of people you are dealing with. They are the idiots that didnt take AP history or government or econ. Instead they slept through basic classes barley passed, but hey they got a C+ and they know what they are talking about. Fucking faggots pass high school and think they know shit.
>>
>>30315339
Pls don't unload m8.
Dude breaks in to your place you shoot him and he goes down. Good and now you unload and set your gun aside but nigger Jims getaway driver hears this and comes inside and now your gun is somewhere unloaded. Now what? Cops won't give a shit if your gun is with you loaded or unloaded. So no need to unload it. When you hear cops approach/enter let them know of your presence and that there are no longer any threats. Compile with all orders and let them know about your firearm.
>>
File: Edc.jpg (226 KB, 640x852) Image search: [Google]
Edc.jpg
226 KB, 640x852
I carry because I moved to a small city with ghettos dotted around everywhere.

I live in a nice neighborhood, but right down the road is the ghetto full of section 8 apartments and liqour stores.

I carry so when the nigs are nogging I'll have the chance to protect my wife, my daughter, and myself.
>>
>>30314786
I bet he's carrying it near where his wallet is.

Shit is uncomfortable anywhere else.
Carrying that far back makes for a shitty drawstroke.
>>
I got mugged almost a decade ago (was a teenager) and after they beat the shit out of me and I was on the ground they shot me in the back a couple of times which collapsed my right lung (pneumo-something) and fractured my scapula and I had a chest tube in the hospital for a day or two to drain air or blood or something. Big ass scar on my right shoulder and a few on the side where the doctors did stuff with the tube.

Fuck criminals, carry 24/7. I keep a pistol in a ziploc bag when I shower on the floor of the bathtub. I literally do not feel safe without a gun anymore.
>>
File: 1455323467551.jpg (345 KB, 900x1273) Image search: [Google]
1455323467551.jpg
345 KB, 900x1273
>>30316598
Sounds pretty shitty.

The truth is most criminals probably aren't going to watch your house close enough to know when you're in the shower, and prefer to burgle when the owner isn't home, but I don't think it's odd to carry in the shower if you think there's a chance of a home invasion.
>>
>>30316598
Pneumothorax my broseph.
>>
Be honest with me /k/

Is 9mm enough for a concealed carry? Or are the memes actually true and it's useless?
>>
>>30316753
9mm will fuck shit up, buy some good ammo for it too.
>>
File: DSCF0551.jpg (635 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0551.jpg
635 KB, 1600x1200
>>30316753
>9mm on left
>10mm on right
you tell me
>>
>>30316779
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wXFf34bB34
>>
>>30316782
>>
Reminder that the Czech Republic has shall-issue CCW permits, and they're pretty much the safest country in Europe.
>>
>>30316598
Damn bro.
Did they ever catch the guys?

You're lucky you made it out alive if they collapsed your lung.

>>30316753
Yes, it's more than adequate most times. But like somebody else already said do your research on your carry ammo.
>>
>>30316782

Stupid or a liar.

Maybe a stupid liar, because you keep posting the same image and expect people to believe that's 10mm.
>>
>>30316892
>>30316753

If you're the FBI and you're planning on getting into shootouts with multi-state bank robbers w/ body armor and reinforced automobiles, it's not gonna cut it. If you're an average joe and just want to stop muggers and be able to ambush mass shooters, it'll get the job done.
>>
File: DSCF0559.jpg (630 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0559.jpg
630 KB, 1600x1200
>>30316901
>9mm on left
>10mm in middle
>.45 acp on right
sure thing summer
>>
>>30316914
So is that why the FBI switched back to 9mm last year?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/fbi-moves-back-to-the-9mm-round-which-it-once-shunned-as-ineffective/2015/10/31/d7d0b994-7e80-11e5-afce-2afd1d3eb896_story.html
>>
File: WhyYou'reALiar.jpg (131 KB, 1024x544) Image search: [Google]
WhyYou'reALiar.jpg
131 KB, 1024x544
>>30316947

Sure thing, idiot.
>>
>>30316782
Pls post images of well-worn guns...
>>
>>30316964
I would presume the FBI switched back to 9mm for it's higher velocity.

The FBI has rifles for bank robbers.
>>
>>30317097
Fbi switched to 9mm for lower recoil.
>>
File: 29.webm (773 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
29.webm
773 KB, 960x720
>>30317093
I clean and maintain my guns. This is the gun you linked to.
>>
>>30314680

>Why do I carry

My life is literally the most valuable thing that I possess. All other things pale in comparison. If my house burns down, if my car is stolen at least I am still alive. The most extreme punishments that our judicial system allows are either to reduce the value of your life extremely by life imprisonment or to take that life from you.

I spend money on home insurance, on car insurance. I am more than willing to spend some money and to very slightly inconvenience myself to protect the most valuable thing I have.

I carry because there are people in the world who undervalue my life. They will kill me for 50 dollars in my pocket. They do this not because they are literally Satan, people act irrationally sometimes, they might commit murder to get my cell phone. They might stab me or break one of my bones, causing me perhaps permanent disability because they figured that the easiest way to make some money was to take it.

I don't carry to flash it to settle an argument, or to make myself feel like a Billy Badass or to compensate for some lack of manhood or dick size or something. I carry to protect my safety and my life.

If you don't want to be shot by my concealed firearm, don't assault me, simple as that.

I have never had to use my CC weapon, but then again, my house has never burned down, but I still have a fore extinguisher.

Recommendations: 9mm sub compact handguns like the Beretta Nano are so small and compact yet still allow the performance of 9mm, you can't go wrong with a respected manufacturer in 9mm.
>>
>>30314680
Can carrying at 6 O'clock really fuck up your spine? I can't find any position that distributes the weight comfortably besides 6 o'clock.
>>
>>30314778
the one place you would never need a conceal carry
>>
>>30317238
>I can't find any position that distributes the weight comfortably besides 6 o'clock.

Do you have a gun belt? It really helps
>>
>>30317297
Yes,I do wear a gun belt, but I'm pretty fucking thin. Wearing it appendix prints like a mother fucker (guns just too big for me to carry there), anything near my hip bones does the same.
Maybe I need some bigger pants / baggy clothes, or the holster needs to break in more since it's new.
>>
File: Bottoms up.gif (1009 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
Bottoms up.gif
1009 KB, 500x280
>>30314680
>Get CCW today
>Super happy, have been doing my research on guns for months I'd be interested in and within my college fag budget
>Go to gun store and feel a few guns, M&P Compact 22 feels so fucking nice in my hands, nothing but good things about it
>Pick up that over the 9mm/40 SD which felt big and like sandpaper even in my clown hands
>Surprised I don't have to wait 3 days, background check comes back clean fast
>Get home, girlfriend is fucking pissed I bought a handgun saying I don't need it for defense
>Think maybe dad who got me into shooting will be supportive
>Lel nope says I should have gotten a ruger and shits all over my enthusiasm
>My mom, a huge anti gunner, throws an even bigger fit
>A moment I've been looking forward to my whole life just shit all over by the people I love
>Been in a shitty mood all night
Just fuck me up /k/.
>>
File: 1400797297612.png (47 KB, 651x436) Image search: [Google]
1400797297612.png
47 KB, 651x436
>>30317370
You were just looking for support in the wrong places.
>>
>>30317238
Yes. If you fall on it, it could actually damage your spine. Besides, it's a long motion to fire.

Gun belt helps lots, desantis makes a decent one for like 15 bucks. Also, have you tried appendix?
>>
>>30317370
According to the SW website, the MP Compact 22 has a width of 1.48", while the full sized MP 9mm has a width of 1.2". The frames appear the same size.

How is it that the 9mm was so uncomfortable to you, but the (larger) .22 was fine? Why would you choose a full sized .22 as a CCW?
>>
>>30317459

For me, it's not the weight distribution, it's printing.

>appendix
You think wearing a gun at 6 o'clock is too dangerous because it might damage your coccyx, but pointing a loaded gun at your femoral artery is okie dokie?
>>
>>30317494
The SD9/40 definately felt wider to me, it had to be since the magazine was double stack whereas the compact was single. The grips on the 40 felt pretty bad. Sure I could have fixed that with aftermarket parts, but I more or less also wanted to get a gun my girlfriend could learn to shoot with. Ive been trying to get her to not be frightened of guns. I dunno. Guess I was dumb after all.
>>
File: 1440784625295.png (658 KB, 1155x1020) Image search: [Google]
1440784625295.png
658 KB, 1155x1020
>>30314680
>>
File: IMG_20160617_155414056_HDR.jpg (1 MB, 1268x2254) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160617_155414056_HDR.jpg
1 MB, 1268x2254
>>30314680
Because one of the few times I didn't have my CCW was when some ghetto assholes in a Chrysler 300 decided to flash a gun and shoot it at my on a freeway.

You never know when you'll need one.
>>
>>30317341
Switch to a single stack if you haven't already and 4:00/4:30 is pretty comfy with a good IWB holster.
>>
>>30317543
also, bought a glock 43 on a whim and i really like it. my glock 26 was relegated to the bedside.
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 600x900
>>30314680
Most say protection but I see it as the old west comin back
>>
File: image.jpg (127 KB, 628x416) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127 KB, 628x416
>>30317528
I had the XD-9 Sub and just switched over to the XD-S 9. I actually "forget" I'm carrying it; it's like an angel's bosom gently pressed against my waist.
>>
>>30317610
Looks like a neat gun. Next time this year I'll look into getting one for myself. Thanks for the recommendation.
>>
>>30317370
>gets ccw
>buys a .22lr handgun
>buys a .22lr handgun that isn't an sr22 in any year

I'd laugh at your dad for making fun of you telling you that you should have bought a ruger but he's right.

Why do you have to be a faggot? Why didn't you listen to your dad? You sizzle dick motherfucker
>>
File: 3x45.jpg (44 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
3x45.jpg
44 KB, 800x600
>>30316782
pic related, all 45 caliber
>>
>>30317554
Mine is a single stack. I'll see what do a after the holster breaks in more.
>>
File: 1465832850320.jpg (152 KB, 490x480) Image search: [Google]
1465832850320.jpg
152 KB, 490x480
>>30317370

I got a CZ P-07 and it made my dad decide to switch from keeping a Browning Buckmark in his nightstand to a S&W SD9. I like your gun, anon, even if your family doesn't support you.
<3

>Pic related is you.
>>
>>30318002
Oh and my girlfriend has been acting like a fucking spastic making passive aggressive shit comments for a week now because I got my first CC gun. I guess if we're ever out and start to get mugged, I'll look to her to use her moral high ground to protect us and keep my gun tucked away.
>>
>>30315588
> 500/year struck by lightning in U.S.
> roughly 700,000/year aggravated assaults

1rn 2 googl3 f4ggot
>>
>>30314680
In the rare possibility of drawing of my weapon, it's the extra layer of security in the very real danger where my or someone-close-to-me's life or limb is in jeopardy.
Of course I'm not retarded and think just because I have a gun, I should walk through that dark alley with those suspicious fucks standing around, but if shit were to find me, and I can't talk or just disengage easily out of the problem, then it's one more option that I have.

Now in an active shooter situation, I know my own personal and technical limits. I have a subcompact. If it's some guy with a rifle and I am at 15+ feet AND lighting is not optimal AND people are running around screaming, first thing I'm doing is get to safety and at a point where I can have the drop on him if he comes. Because I am no operator, and I am not going to lie to myself with the delusion of being a hero, only to end up with the real possibility of hitting a bystander and making shit worse, or just gunned down outright because these mass shooters usually are prepared and have rifles, so a lot of things are stacked against the common concealed carry civilian.

In tl:dr, it gives me a viable, but limited capability to respond or defend against a lot of rare, but very life changing serious situations.
>>
>>30315186
Well sir, if I shot him the leg, that would be considered maiming, which is a crime. By shooting him in the chest, I was within my legal right to self defense, as I countered force with equal force. Had I shot his leg, it would have caused undue pain and suffering, and this trial would be for a whole different reason.
>>
>>30314680
>/k/, why do so many of you feel the need to carry a gun with you all the time?

I stopped getting carjacked twice by having a pistol in my glovebox. I won't pretend it makes me special, I just drew the short straw twice. I don't have my CHL and don't plan to get it but I always have a handgun with me if I leave my house after dark because twice is enough to realize I need it.
>>
>>30314786
>my father
Sure sure that's nice kid, now go back to playing Cod, and stay off of the board underage.
>>
>>30317018
newfag
>>
I mainly conceal carry to give myself an incentive to go out to the range and practice more often. Security is a second thing desu.
>>
>>30314774
no shit dipshit
>>
>>30314680

I just open carry. I don't give a fuck and even though there are a billion yankees here I still do not give a fuck. Fuck yankees.
>>
>>30314680
>I like to keep myself safe
>I like to keep my son safe
>I carry one for work
>I get called in a lot so it's just easier for me
>2nd amendment
>>
>>30314680
>49 fags were killed just last week, partly because every last one of them was utterly defenseless

>WHY DO YOU FEEL THE NEED TO CARRY AROUND A TOOL TO DEFEND YOURSELF?
>>
File: BpOtRCf.jpg (250 KB, 900x842) Image search: [Google]
BpOtRCf.jpg
250 KB, 900x842
>>30314680
I live in Chicago. Any other questions?
>>
>>30318384
How do you protect yourself from threats? And by threats I mean the real threats like right wing extremists
http://www.newsweek.com/2016/02/12/right-wing-extremists-militants-bigger-threat-america-isis-jihadists-422743.html
>>
>>30318402
>right wing extremists
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>30318410
>not understanding shitpost humor
>>
A NATION OF COWARDS

Jeffrey R. Snyder

OUR SOCIETY has reached a pinnacle of self-expression and respect for individuality rare or unmatched in history. Our entire popular culture — from fashion magazines to the cinema — positively screams the matchless worth of the individual, and glories in eccentricity, nonconformity, independent judgment, and self-determination. This enthusiasm is reflected in the prevalent notion that helping someone entails increasing that person's "self-esteem"; that if a person properly values himself, he will naturally be a happy, productive, and, in some inexplicable fashion, responsible member of society.

And yet, while people are encouraged to revel in their individuality and incalculable self-worth, the media and the law enforcement establishment continually advise us that, when confronted with the threat of lethal violence, we should not resist, but simply give the attacker what he wants. If the crime under consideration is rape, there is some notable waffling on this point, and the discussion quickly moves to how the woman can change her behavior to minimize the risk of rape, and the various ridiculous, non-lethal weapons she may acceptably carry, such as whistles, keys, mace or, that weapon which really sends shivers down a rapist's spine, the portable cellular phone.

Now how can this be? How can a person who values himself so highly calmly accept the indignity of a criminal assault? How can one who believes that the essence of his dignity lies in his self-determination passively accept the forcible deprivation of that self-determination? How can he, quietly, with great dignity and poise, simply hand over the goods?
>>
Crime is not only a complete disavowal of the social contract, but also a commandeering of the victim's person and liberty. If the individual's dignity lies in the fact that he is a moral agent engaging in actions of his own will, in free exchange with others, then crime always violates the victim's dignity. It is, in fact, an act of enslavement. Your wallet, your purse, or your car may not be worth your life, but your dignity is; and if it is not worth fighting for, it can hardly be said to exist.

The Gift of Life

Although difficult for modern man to fathom, it was once widely believed that life was a gift from God, that to not defend that life when offered violence was to hold God's gift in contempt, to be a coward and to breach one's duty to one's community. A sermon given in Philadelphia in 1747 unequivocally equated the failure to defend oneself with suicide:

He that suffers his life to be taken from him by one that hath no
authority for that purpose, when he might preserve it by defense,
incurs the Guilt of self murder since God hath enjoined him to seek
the continuance of his life, and Nature itself teaches every creature
to defend itself.
>>
>>30318524
>>30318526
I gotta boogie, so here's a link for the rest:
http://jim.com/cowards.htm
>>
>>30315125
>I only own a 10/22 because I am poor.
Nothing wrong with that, /k/omrade, being a onegun is better than being a noguns. My first gun, a gift 13 years ago, was a bolt action .22lr. I was a poorfag for a very long time, and was even homeless for a bit, but the /k/ube rewarded my faith and I was awarded further armaments.
>>
>>30315095
Our designated driver is our designated marksman for the evening.
>>
>>30314778
Looks like Eagle River. Where you get that gun with the little dipper?
>>
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 1119x1114) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 1119x1114
>>30316782
Well, the right one is 357. mag dumbass.
>>
>>30315588
Only you can't prevent a lightning strike.
>>
File: CastleDoctrine.jpg (26 KB, 430x385) Image search: [Google]
CastleDoctrine.jpg
26 KB, 430x385
I carry a Walther P99 9mm.

My Michigan CPL was issued in 2001, but I'd been carrying for a couple years before that on my job as a taxi driver. Only once did I ever have to draw, It was New Year's eve 98/99. About ten minutes after midnight I dropped a couple little kids (8-10 years old) off at their falling-down drunk mother's house. Being a new father then myself I was angry she and her loser boyfriend would put themselves in such a condition, unable to care for her kids. I took it upon myself to give them another minute of decency and walked them to their door, carrying their backpacks for them.

About halfway to the house the shots started from across the street. I could hear the bullets hitting the overhanging branches a couple feet over our heads. I grabbed the boys by their collars, pushed them together so my body could be between them and the shooter, and hurried them into the relative safety of the brick house.

After getting them inside I headed back to my cab, crouched down and my pistol in my hand (A Glock 17 at the time). Trying to see past my headlights and fully committed to giving some back, there was nothing but darkness from the presumed shooting location. As far as I can tell, it was probably some drunk celebrating New Year's eve at the cabbie's expense.

I left that shitty side of town for the rest of my shift. Fuck those assholes. They can walk.

There were a couple other times I was glad to be armed, but that's the only time my gun came out of the holster.

Now I'm down a hundred pounds from my heaviest known weight, and like to go for walks down a secluded trail. Between feral dogs, feral humans, and the potential risk of rabid animals it's nice to carry a firearm since help isn't coming until it's too late. I'm not sure an ambulance could even get to me down the trail.

(That's me in the pic @ over 355lbs. I'm around 250 now and still dropping weight.)
>>
>>30319071
9mm
same bullet size
>>
>>30314680
>let me just carry a deadly weapon with no safety features around on such a position that it's pointed directly at my femoral artery all day long
>I'm certain that under stress I will grab it perfectly just like in the several certified tactical training scenarios I ran in my bedroom
>I'm also certain I'll just shove it back in the holster jammed down my pants perfectly.. if not then I just won't ever put it back
>>
>>30319146
9mm = .355 diameter
.357 = .357

Close enough, but as a reloader I wouldn't use 9mm bullets in .38/.357 cartridges.
>>
I'm a helpless romantic and it helps me focus in a horrible world. It's nice to know whatever happens to me, it's not serious unless my life is in danger, and if it comes to that, I'm better prepared than most.

There's also the self-defense thing but I avoid danger anyway

Never used, couple of times went code orange around drunks but never red. Carry what your comfortable with.
>>
At the end of the day, I believe that personal defense is your responsibility, to yourself and your loved ones. And I am wizened enough to know that bad things happen to people at seemingly random times. That's about it.

Here's a few personal anecdotes as to why I plan to carry.

>I live in a town small enough to have a graduating class of 300 but still be one of the biggest heroin trafficking cities in the state.
>Several years after graduating, a few people I had met before in the next town over violently murdered a mother and (attempted murder on) her 11 year old daughter. While you can never be sure it would have saved their lives, a gun could have undoubtably changed the outcome
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mont_Vernon_Murder
>A year ago, on a completely routine drive to work I was struck very hard at a red light and hospitalized.
While that has nothing to do with guns, I know well that your day can take a sudden and violent turn at any time, and it's not something you can truly prepare for. So, keep yourself as best prepared as you can.
>>
>>30314844
>seem to get along fine

>Theres 5 threads a day on here from scared eurobrothers looking for a way to defend themselves from a real threat without being fucked by their own legal system

And thats just from the small demographic that knows about this site.
>>
I'm willing and able to do so. That should be reason enough.

Hell, there was one instance where 2 assholes tried to hold me up and take my car. One ended up pulling a knife. That was the only time I've ever had to draw on someone and I hope it's my last. It wasn't fun, wasn't cool, wasn't anything but just kind of shitty overall.

But I keep carrying just in case I need to protect myself again.
>>
I've been carrying for about 3 years
If I leave the house without it I feel almost naked, it's just become a habt
>>
>>30314786

He's also probably a bit fat. Those of us who are in great shape have more trouble concealing unless we wear the "I'm carrying a gun" starter pack.
>>
>>30315095

I never carry if I know I'm going to be drinking. Now, having A SINGLE drink with dinner or something is different. One and done, as they say.

It is not that I'm irresponsible, it's that I know if I justifiably shot someone but had 6 drinks in my system I am going to lose my gun rights.
>>
File: 1432521921166.png (313 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
1432521921166.png
313 KB, 533x800
>>30314680
>why do so many of you feel the need to carry a gun with you all the time

I really font, not all the time at least. There are times when I dont and im not some paranoid nervous mess. But generally I am comfortable carrying
>why carry
because people suck sometimes and are willing to hurt me or others for no good reason. I value my life, Ii am responsible for it. Not the government, not the police, not the store that I am currently shopping in. We're in a unique spot with the 2nd amendment. People act like we're barbaric for having it, but you have other places that make it practically illegal to defend yourself at all. Thats supposed to be more "progressive" ? I dont think any country should hve laws that allow you a basic human right. Further more, guns exist, theyre nit going to disappear so really it comes down to banning them just takes them away from people who are law abiding and dont want to go to jail over it
>ever had to use it
never shot anybody, dont ever want to but in light of how things are going now its looking more ominous each day. Ive had to reach for it and tell a few muggers to back off and that works
>recommend for CC'ing
depends on what youre doing. Ive carried glock 17s and .38 snub noses. Depends on the weather, what youre wearing and what you'll be doing
you dont have to have just one gun and carry it forever. Youre allowed more than one and I recommend you do
>>
>>30315095
In my state their are no laws prohibiting carry in bars, but my permit is not valid if intoxicated. They do use the standard .08 bac for this. So I will carry in a bar environment if I'm not going to do any substantial drinking. Generally this is limited to having lunch or dinner at a bar or something.

Despite all the Orlando talk, I would not personally carry in a club environment sober or otherwise. Too many people too packed together, too much noise, deliberately obscured visibility, high concentrations of impaired people. Its a ccw nightmare. I was a bouncer at a busy nightclub for many years, so this is a topic in which I am well versed.

If you run a club where hundreds of thousands of people are packed into a charged enviroment you bear some responsibility in keeping that enviroment safe. The club I worked at did not allow weapons in, but we had armed police and a serious security staff, but that's an issue for another thread.

>going to a club, ever
>>
>>30319665
Hundreds or thousands
Fucking or
>>
Live in Northern Ireland and due to my work it's a good option.

Nothing exciting, I'm in shipping, but I spend a lot of time around the docks and there have been kidnaps previously for the ID's, access and knowledge.

>Also, have you ever had to use your CC?
Not here.

>And what would you recommend for CCing?
The one thing I can recommend is taking a shit before you leave the house in the morning, instead of leaving your Sig P226 in a motorway service station like a fucking moron I had to work with.
>>
>>30315588
>Not preparing for a potentially dangerous situation because "I'm a real man."

Neck yourself fggt.
>>
>>30318873

This nigger gets it.
>>
>>30319547
This. I look like a maniac getting up from a seated position, or bending over to pick something up
>>
File: mp9mm.png (339 KB, 672x403) Image search: [Google]
mp9mm.png
339 KB, 672x403
>>30314680
I once thought that guns were bad and that we'd be safer without them in our society. I mean, shit, people were getting shot right and left. Only crooks used guns, right? Bad things like that can't happen here, right? I must be immune to crime.

Then a melanin rich urban youth mugged me and almost stabbed me. A handful of cash, my drivers, my credit card, various membership cards, the time and money I used to get replacements for all that stuff and almost my life stolen in a 30 second confrontation.

My life.

It hit me that I almost died. If that asshole wasn't feeling merciful, I would have been killed. I am NOT a fit guy so I would not have won such a fight. I then came to /k/ and learned about cc, bought a Shield 9, got my permit, and scared off another mugger less than two weeks after I got my ccw. I moved to a less scummy area after that.

A cc offers equal parts peace of mind and the ability to be responsible for your own safety. Other people likely can't help or WON'T help in a situation where you need a gun, so you've got to do it yourself. I would even go as far as to say that a carry gun is an equalizer. It's a tool that lets an old 5 foot nothing granny have a fighting chance with a drugged up gangbanger. Nothing else can do that so effectively. Nothing else can put everyone on one level of defensive ability like that.

The mere feeling of responsibility can change you for the better. After I got my cc and moved, I tried and succeeded at getting a not-shit job and got off of SNAP (that I was on previously) even though I could have stayed on it longer. Saved up and got a car, because a functioning adult needs one. Got an apartment, because bumming on couches and at my parents place is just pathetic. It's all be smooth from there.

I'm sure this all came from taking responsibility for my safety. Do yourself a favor and get a CC.

/blog
>>
>>30319825
Good for you. Shame it took a life threatening event to change your mind but a win is a win. I hope you're using your experience to convince your friends and family to be responsible and defend themselves.
>>
>>30319841
I am. Dad already carried a snubnose 357, but mom was always on the fence about it. After that, she did a 180 and got her permit. I ended up getting her a p238 for mothers day. Most of my liberal friends ended up changing their stance on CC and guns in general. Only my sister and my most diehard lib "friends" keep insisting that people shouldn't carry.
>>
>>30314680
Because LEO and I don't trust shitbags to not follow me home.
>>
Is an ankle carry backup viable?
>>
>>30314741
What is that symbol? I've been googling for literally minutes, and I know I've seen it before. "star face symbol", "Trump symbol", etc don't pull up shit.
>>
>>30314680
I carry it every day and wander into the hood to kill niggers on a regular basis. That is after all what the permit allows. Gtfo of here nogunz shill
>>
>>30319547

I've known a bunch of skinny fags who cc G17. Not hard to do when you dress right.
>>
>>30320217

Don't forget to stalk them first, then stand your ground.
>>
>>30316753
Good enough for US Army to shoot sand niggers, good enough for regular joe to shoot regular niggers
>>
>>30320251

It's not a problem in the winter (since I'm wearing flannels or whatever) and there are usually layers of clothing, but spring and summer and into the fall is more difficult.

I know how to "dress right" but I'm still slender and don't want to wear unnecessarily large clothing.

I carry a Sig320c, appendix, and it can still print with average clothing. It's not obvious to anyone but a gun owner, but I still would prefer to not print at all. I'm switching to soft belt loops to see if it helps it ride more naturally against my body.

People with a bit of fat kind of absorb the gun.

People like me in the best shape of their life? Not as much.
>>
Just remember, 100% of violent home invasions happen in the home.
>>
>>30314680

>why do you feel the need

I'm a grill with cubs.

>had to use?

No, thank god.

>recommend

Doesn't matter what we say. Whatever you feel comfortable with and your frame can reasonably conceal will be the best, and it will differ vastly per person.

Narrow it down to a few and buy a fake. Wear the fake around, practice drawing, etc. Then make your choice.

I do suggest not getting too attached to it, though. If you need to use it, it will spend the rest of its life in a police evidence locker. Think of it as a disposable item.
>>
>>30320198
Trump profile.
>>
>>30320198
>>
>>30321162
Who here wears their gun directly at 6 o clock, dead center in the back.
Florida weather makes this the most doable position with concealment and a short sleeve.
>>
>>30314977
Dont you have problems with gangsters roaming around Dublin with AKs?
>>
>>30315588
I'm disabled bro, it's an equalizer for me I don't carry because I'm afraid, I carry because niggers exist.
>>
>>30319180
>I dont know how to use a gun cause I'm a major faggot so everyone else is incapable of doing anything at all!

fuck off Carl the cuck
>>
>>30319180
>CCing
>Not wearing a holster

If you shoot yourself in an artery, its your fault and your fault only.
>>
>>30316156
I carry that Kershaw, how do you like it? I pick it over my Leatherman most days, working as a trash/maintenance guy in my community
>>
>>30314680
concealed carry does not imply that you always need to carry.
>>
I’ve never been in a serious car accident
But I wear my seatbelt every time without fail
I’ve never had a home break in
But I lock my doors every night
I’ve never had a house fire
But I have smoke detectors and fire extinguishers
Ive never been in a life threatening situation that I could not talk my way out of
But I carry every day everywhere
Its called being prepared for when things go wrong
>>
>>30314722
>Doublestrike
>Not the Hammershot

Heh, nerd. The hammershot gives you 3 more darts.
>>
>>30314818
Was walking home to my apartment from an outdoor strip mall when 3 young, hoodie-wearing individuals saw me from about 60 yards out and made a sudden change in direction straight towards me. As they got to within 10 yards they started to fan out to surround me. No more reason to hesitate, I dropped my bags, more like threw them to the ground, and began to draw. The sudden movement sent them scattering suddenly. I hadn't even cleared the holster and they were gone. I was genuinely spooked, and shaken for a bit afterwards. You want to believe the best in people, but must realize that sometimes they mean to do the worst to you. I walked home but noticed they were still in the distance, keeping tabs. I lost them around a few corners, and doubled back to the apartment. Not stupid enough to lead them home.
>>
>>30315250
>>30315284
>not open carrying a super soaker cps2000 full of cat piss
>>
>>30314680
>why do so many of you feel the need to carry a gun with you all the time?

I live in the middle of buttfuck nowhere and have zero desire to be mauled by a mountain lion when I go outside to split fire wood or if I go for a walk.

have you ever had to use your CC?
>>
>>30314680
>/k/, why do so many of you feel the need to carry a gun with you all the time? I'm curious to hear your arguments for doing so.
I got mugged at knifepoint once. Luckily I was able to just punch the guy and run, but while I was thinking of it before, that, and the disinterested police response spurred me to say "FUCKIT" and start CCing.

No, thankfully.
Whatever you feel most comfortable with, within reason. I'd avoid excessively small or oversized guns/cartridges. Choose the gun you feel comfortable with, then focus on finding a way to conceal it. If you choose a different gun that other people say is shit, but you don't really enjoy shooting it, you'll inevitably practice less, which is important.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 639x478) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 639x478
>>30314786
Everyone suggests a G19 when I ask, but I just got a G34, and I expect I can CC this just fine. It's really no worse than a 1911. Especially since I'll be getting a custom shoulder holster made.
>Pic isn't mine, but pretty much what mine will look like.
>>
>>30321900
Reasonably fit middle aged guy here. Mostly carry in a shoulder bag, as I carry that anyway. Sometimes Mexican carry. Hammer is down, so no arterial wound risk as pistol is old school and needs to be cocked - trigger does nothing otherwise.

As for losing it to an evidence locker..
No. My life is too important to me for any nonsense like sticking around after some fool decides to end his by attacking me. There is no need. Authorities will deal with it. I CC suppressed, and hope no one will notice as I act naturally and turn 180° and walk away.

But in all likelihood I'll never have to use it. Talking and deflective body language has gotten me out of several very tense situations, including an angry drunk with a knife determined to kill me for looking at him wrongly. I'll persist in using dissuasion over force whenever possible. But reassuring to know there's a fallback option. Running away, fast. And failing that, the last resort option of drawing, then firing only if necessary, then leaving. There is far too much to be done in this short life for me to consider wasting months or years defending my right to defend myself.
>>
>>30319942
>my sister and my most diehard lib "friends" keep insisting that people shouldn't carry
Is your sister hot? Because I know she's not armed. If you doxxed her on /b/, you might win the CCW debate.
>>
File: 1452401905490.jpg (61 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
1452401905490.jpg
61 KB, 640x427
>>30322627
well said sir
>>
>>30318938
Eagle river the town or the actual river? It's s Big Dipper.
>>
File: image.png (87 KB, 291x538) Image search: [Google]
image.png
87 KB, 291x538
>>30322595
LEWD
THIS IS A WORK-SAFE BOARD
>>
>>30314881
>>30314778
>>30314766

Das some real pretty land.
>>
File: uk_legal_handgun.gif (1 MB, 320x214) Image search: [Google]
uk_legal_handgun.gif
1 MB, 320x214
>>30314786
>>
>>30323673
The mountains in that pic look like Eagle Riv mountains. How you get little dipper on your gun?
>>
>>30324857
It's Juneau and I got the slide cover plate custom made at glockstore.com.
>>
Planning on getting a Glock 19 as my EDC at the end of the month. Questions

>would it be worth it to add a weapons light to it or just EDC a flashlight?
>what IWB holster get?
>what night sights get?
>what 9mm round use as my carry?
>vehicle holsters?
>>
>>30314751
>low light
>alcohol
>party drugs
>civvies with zero urban experience
Yeah, no
>>
>>30326679
>night sights
>designated drivers/marksmen
>train regularly with Pink Pistols and IDPA

It's like you don't even operate, /k/omrade.
>>
File: 1466093751835.jpg (175 KB, 500x705) Image search: [Google]
1466093751835.jpg
175 KB, 500x705
>>30319125
Damn, that's some story.
>>
>>30325584
Just EDC a good flashlight.
The one you are comfortable with. If your LGS is decent, they've let your try it on first before you buy.
Trijicon
https://www.underwoodammo.com/9mm-luger-90-grain-xtreme-defender/ Shit is pricey, but it will kill most human aggressors with the quickness.
Not worth it.
>>
>>30318010
Just get a new gf. Seriously, mine was super anti-gun just a few months ago. Now she is quietly crocheting next to my nightstand gun.

She refuses to pick it up. But she knows which way to point it.

>where is the safety?
>there isn't one
>guns are dangerous, remember?
>how does it work?
>point it at their chest pull the trigger until they are on the floor, if they move or scream shoot them again. If there are more shoot them too.
>thank you, I still don't like that thing
>still loves me

She may not be my range buddy yet. But, she understands it's my hobby, and let's me have my fun.
>>
>>30314741
Fag.
>>
>>30314680
Because I can.
>I'm curious to hear your arguments for doing so.
Because I could.
Closest was a crazy guy at a Dollar Tree yelling from the only entrance/exit at myself and the cashier; nothing happened.
The largest you can comfortably conceal.
>>
>>30319825
>The mere feeling of responsibility can change you for the better.

I hope so. Waiting for my permit at the moment, Shield here too. I'm already feeling a certain amount of responsibility like getting my ass off and going through with leaving my shit job and joining the military. Always question myself why do I even bother preparing against a potential attacker when I'm not even preparing myself for life. Shit like that.
>>
>>30325584
-Explore a weapons light, but an EDC flashlight is preferable
-AlienGear, StealthGear, Comptac are some great manufacturers. Many have strong return policies so you can return the holster if it doesn't work out. Make sure to get a good gun belt. I recommend Beltman's 1.5" bullhide w/ internal stiffener because I favor leather. You may prefer a rigger belt like the Aegis.
-Trijicon HDs or Ameriglos are solid.
-I carry Speer Gold Dots 124g +P. Explore more here: http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/self-defense-ammo-ballistic-tests/#9mm
-Disregard. Look at AIWB holsters if you want better access to the gun while in a vehicle.
>>
>>30331384
Pardon, 124g should be 124gr.
>>
>>30322456
You try fitting a Hammershot into your waistband
>>
>>30322461
Did you call the police on the way back or were you too focused on keeping ditching the tail?
>>
>>30322627
Could you post a picture of your EDC/holster or post a link to the type? I'm interested in doing this once Drumph becomes el Jefe and he overturns all gun legislation.
>>
File: 1373657171949.jpg (45 KB, 332x460) Image search: [Google]
1373657171949.jpg
45 KB, 332x460
The fucking gym I work at is in a sketchy ass part of town and we've had for various reasons
>prostitutes
>pimps
>mentally ill
>homeless
>mentally ill homeless
>just plain old assholes
Wander in several times and give us shit
Moreover I don't need a reason to CC muh rights
but seriously fuck the city I work and live in.
>>
>>30318553
Thanks for this. Good read.
>>
I just started to conceal carry and I've been running into issues. I have a 9mm M&P shield and an IWB holster from Foxx holsters. The most comfortable place I've found for the holder is around 4 0'clock, right above my back right pocket. My problem is it always seems to drag my pants down, even with my belt uncomfortably tight, and every time I sit down my shirt rides up over the gun. Should I try carrying in a different position? Would a stiffer belt help?
>>
>>30336090

Sounds like your belt's too soft. You need a stiff gunbelt.

The shirt riding up is kinda hard to avoid when you're carrying there though. Especially when you sit down or bend over. Just remember to check your shirt when you get up I guess
>>
>>30336090
I have the Foxx iwb but carry the shields bigger brother. get a gun belt. it makes a world of difference
>>
File: latest-2.png (488 KB, 960x718) Image search: [Google]
latest-2.png
488 KB, 960x718
>>30314680
Concealed gary thread?
>>
>>30314680
I carried off and on for a few months.
Then two meth heads tried to mug me when I parked my car behind a gas station to buy something to drink.

Reached for my 1911 on my hip and they ran when they saw it

Now I carry at all times when I'm not at work.
>>
>>30314734
>gun isn't waterproof

literally no excuse
>>
File: costanzaguns.jpg (34 KB, 386x503) Image search: [Google]
costanzaguns.jpg
34 KB, 386x503
>>30315787

>Leave your life up to the choice of an antisocial degenerate addicted to hard drugs, threatening you with a deadly weapon

not the best choice friendo, I'd rather exert some control over the situation myself
>>
>>30316092

>melanin enriched gentleman hearing gunshots

>Not fleeing like a startled bunny

some on m8
>>
>>30327488
Based on your story he shouldn't get a new gf. Are you retarded?
>>
>>30315445
Manchildren with better weapons handling discipline than most non /k/ posting gun owners.
>>
>>30319379
I knew you where NHbro when you said small town with major heroin trafficker, and once you mentioned those murders I was sure. Did they ever check up on your references for your CCW?
>>
>>30333652
Nah. Being uninterested in making a lot of noise, I carry an antique French semi auto .22lr pistol with a suppressor and shoot only subsonics. I'm a fairly accurate shot, as in i practice on tiny targets at a distance, not man-sized at a few paces. So not concerned about mah stoppin powah. No holster. Just over the T-shirt and Indies, inside the belted pants. Comfy enough for a few hours in worrisome areas. Otherwise like I said, it lives in a shoulder bag. I have a pen gun also in .22" in case there isn't time to get out the pistol. In that case I'd go for a contact shot to keep the report down if possible.
>>
>>30338917
Undies. Dammit. Hate my phone sometimes.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.