[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Silent 9mm Home Defense
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
Hey, /k/. I was thinking of purchasing a quiet 9mm rifle for home defense and wasn't sure what to buy. Right now I'm leaning towards the D3-9SD but I don't know enough about guns in general to confidently make a purchase (I don't lurk /k/ much, mostly /news/ and /wsg/)
>>
File: 1466202388581.jpg (30 KB, 500x289) Image search: [Google]
1466202388581.jpg
30 KB, 500x289
how silent are we talking here, cuz?
>>
Build your own.

Once you decide on all your parts, you will likely need to try two or three differently weighted buffers to get it working correctly, then you won't need to worry any more.

I recommend you do not exceed a 5" barrel, since your goal is to suppress it, you don't need to add velocity.
>>
300 blackout subsonic rounds
>>
>>30313964
Silent enough to not need ear protection
>>
File: grass.webm (2 MB, 718x404) Image search: [Google]
grass.webm
2 MB, 718x404
>>30313988
how about the keltec sub2000?
>>
>>30313982
This.
Just as quiet as 9mm, & rifle power not lol9mm. Downsides are price.
>>
>>30313988
Not gonna happen.

132 db is as low as you're going to see, and that is not hearing safe long term.

Lock the bolt open then hit the bolt release on an empty chamber. That's the LEAST noise you could possibly hear, before the report and exhaust through the ejection port.
>>
Let me ask you, OP. What will being silent get you?

You sacrifice huge threat mitigation power when you run subsonic pistol ammunition. Ballistically speaking, it's just hot fucking garbage compared to an intermediate, rifle, or shotgun load.

You gain... A little bit less noise. Which one is more likely to cause you more harm?

Btw, a good 5.56 can will bring the decibel levels to under 140.
>>
>>30314005
>& rifle power not lol9mm
Lol, no. 300blk subsonics are ballistically equivalent to 45ACP.
>>
>>30314029
So should I aim for a subsonic 5.56?
>>
>>30314000
Watching a video of the gen 2 version. Looks pretty nice and seems affordable enough
>>
>>30314043
Supersonic. Yes, the crack is loud. You'll just have to get over it if you want something that can actually put someone down with regularity.
>>
You could just invest in some electronic peltors.

>hear loud noise
>grab rifle
>pop on peltors
>turn on

>no hearing damage
>can still hear things in house
>>
>>30314043
Subsonic is 5.56 is crapola, since it's even smaller and lighter than most pistol bullets and now subsonic. Probably 5.56's best feature is fragmenting at higher velocities and that only happens around 2500 fps or more
>>
File: 1455710151083.jpg (10 KB, 275x355) Image search: [Google]
1455710151083.jpg
10 KB, 275x355
Here's what you do
>put pic on your hd rifle's stock
>put on and turn on when needed

woah...
>>
>>30314041
>silenced
You forgot a part
>>
>>30313951

make one of these
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwUx6aeHadY

basically a de lisle carbine
>>
>>30314096
What about 300 memeout? Could it be the hero we've needed, but not deserved?
>>
>>30316270
Limiting your hearing ability of a home intruder is a horrible idea, you mongoloid.
>>
All you need for self defense is a shot gun. Those are going to be the best. You don't have to be very accurate and they are pretty loud and intimidating
>>
>>30316818
The whole point of the thread is to not be loud
>>
>>30314000
Are they Haitians or something?
>>
>>30316736
I doubt you own a pair let alone a gun
>>
>>30316736
they're electronic, your hearing isn't limited
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.