[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
European parliament's investigation about gun crime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 9
File: eu-flag-no.jpg (98 KB, 460x352) Image search: [Google]
eu-flag-no.jpg
98 KB, 460x352
"In a combined country and individual-level analyses these results remained, and in addition it was observed that the high availability of firearms was associated with lower levels of victimization by contact crime in general, suggesting a potential deterrent effect of availability. In countries where firearms were more available, non-owners were more likely to be victims of gun related violence and homicide"
>>
from http://www.coventry.ac.uk/Global/08%20New%20Research%20Section/FINAL%20EFFECT%20PROJECT%20REPORT.pdf
>>
>>30312861
Wait, what?

The EU published a study in which they support gun ownership as an effective means of self defense?
>>
This doesn't specify legal or illegal...
>>
File: 1466154762112.png (38 KB, 2126x1140) Image search: [Google]
1466154762112.png
38 KB, 2126x1140
>>
File: 1465443453612.jpg (214 KB, 2048x1471) Image search: [Google]
1465443453612.jpg
214 KB, 2048x1471
>>30312861
and they still want to ban everything

well done!
>>
>>30312924
Anything is fine as long as it's consistent in its category. The rest of the results will come in other ways so take it as you will.
>>
>>30312916
They made a study in which they found out to have opposite partial results from what they hoped. (legal gun ownership)
>>
>>30312936
I live in the Netherlands btw. It's always funny to see people's reaction to these numbers. But we unfortunately don't have any party at all which vows for laxer gun laws (we aren't even allowed to carry at all here, and we aren't allowed to get a firearm for self defence either).
>>
>>30312946

No shit.

You think people that willingly signed on to create a continent wide government where no one can check it are smart people that follow facts?

Fuck no.
>>
The word Europe reminded me when I had diarrhea.

My family and I were stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic. I had eaten Denny's that morning and all of a sudden, I didn't feel right. We were in a residential area, so with no bathroom in sightI saw a house for sale and scrambled to the backyard where I had the worst diarrhea of my life.My mom later joined me, as she had the same breakfast plate as well. As I was relieving myself, a realtor came out back and asked what I thought of the property.
>>
>>30312987
> I´ll take an europe in your backyard m8!
>>
>>30312987
I can just imagine someone walking out and seeing two random renecks shitting on their property but too afraid to say anything about it.
>>
Any Americans willing to sponsor some europoors in search of freedom?
>>
>>30313044

Are you a europoor?

How bout you sponsor one of those far right groups you guys got to get some balls and actually do some shit for once and get your fucking funs back.
>>
File: 1448226345130.png (117 KB, 1531x841) Image search: [Google]
1448226345130.png
117 KB, 1531x841
>>30312936
Reminder that if you are not a black gang member living in the inner city you are as likely to be shot as someone living in Canada.
>>
>>30313055
There are none, except for in countries which already have guns like Switzerland. The only exception that I know of that wants laxer gun laws are KORWIN in Poland which get like 1% of the vote. West-Europe doesn't have any pro-gun parties.
>>
>>30313055
There are no ''far right'' parties here. At least not where I live.

It's not like votes matter anyway, remember that Austrian election? The EU won't allow a result that they don't like.

I really don't like this place anyway, people are fucking retarded here and would never vote for a pro gun party. Every time there's a mass shooting it's always smug dumb europoors saying how the US should ban guns.

I've wanted to get out of here for years
>>
>>30313078
yeah I know. If you somehow stop all black people from getting guns the numbers would look a lot better and liberals would whine less.
But obviously you can't outright ban black people from buying guns, since das raycis, so you got to cleverely disguise it, like ban all people with criminal records from gettign guns or ban all people withouth fathers from getting guns or something.
>>
>>30313090

Then make one.

Get like minded support from your countrymen anon. I know you can turn europe around.

I have faith in europe.... well eastern europe because they don't seem to be bitches but hey I believe in you.
>>
>>30313111

>REMOVE
>>
>>30313090
For even worse, Hungary does not have any governmential parties backing the cause to enable civilians self defense, and also our firearm-unions (IPSC, hunting, etc...) are fucking restrictive towards each others. There is only one newspaper, who publicates articles, about gun enabling, but noone listens.
>>
>>30313111
>If you somehow stop all black people from getting guns the numbers would look a lot better and liberals would whine less.

I have taken to just pointing out that it will never affect them unless they join a drug gang.
>>
>>30313094

Anon jesus fucking christ the EU is so goddamn terrifying.

Tell me how you allowed these fucks to take over your nation essentially? The EU is some scary fucking shit.
>>
>>30313119

ALL
>>
>>30313112
As someone who lives here I really don't have any faith in these retards. Like I said, people are stupid here and would never vote for a pro gun party.
>>
>>30313131

Then come across the sea fair anon.

Come here and fight for the rights you want to preserve.
>>
>>30313128
Because in the 90's the EU sounded good to most people so people thought it would be a good idea to join.

Now it's too late. This is the beast we created.
>>
>>30313130

>BASKETBALL
>>
>>30313128
German's perfectionism is shown in many shades: one of them is how to set up a failproof totalitarian dictature.
>>
>>30313055

No thanks I'd prefer to not have a gun culture
>>
>>30313146
I gladly will and will try and find a way.
>>
>>30312924
High availibility generally suggests legal gun ownership (or lax gun law enforcement like occassional confiscations and loads of exemptions for connected folks).
>>
>>30312916
The EU is pretty good at actually finding out the truth about stuff. Of course that doesn't actually have a huge effect on policy because people there care what women think.
>>
>>30313152
>>30313163

Is what /pol/ said true. (now dont fucking crucify me it's a question)

That people in europe are getting fed up? Will the Brexit be possible? Will others follow? From the outside looking in it sounds like poland wants to leave as well.
>>
>>30313165

Why the fuck are you even on this board then?
>>
>>30313195

I like guns and the different equipment of the worlds militaries, I just don't want guns in my country.
>>
>>30313165
>I'd prefer to not have a gun culture

Why? gun culture is great.

>I just don't want guns in my country.

>I just don't want American niggers with guns in my country

ftfy
>>
>>30313252
First you should tell it to your criminals though :)
>>
File: 1465486847247.png (401 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1465486847247.png
401 KB, 600x600
>>30313313
>EU used to be pretty good
It wasgood when it was solely economic. Then they started imposing their leftist cancer and we are in the state we´re in today.

Im just praying we vote OUT on the 23rd.

I hope you Dutch vote out soon too, we´re leaving this union with no survivors.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (26 KB, 500x341) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
26 KB, 500x341
>tfw the anglosphere will never join military forces to take over the western world and remove all kebab and basketballs.

Oh shit forgot i wasn't on /pol/ for a second there.
>>
>>30312987
Hahahahahahaha what the fuck
>>
>>30312916

The EU is a crazy clusterfuck of committees, councils, boards, chambers, organizations, bodies, ensebles, parliaments, assemblies and whatever.
You're bound to find competent people who do actual honest work with good intentions in there.
Unfortunately, their results are destined to get filed away and then steamrolled by the mountains of shit produced by the obscene bureaucratic engine.
No one bothers to fact check shit, The legislation that they want to pass gets tacked on to so many pieces of crap no one bothers to actually read that eventually you'll end up with it passing simply because everyone in the chamber was half asleep and not even paying attention to what they voted into existence.
>>
>>30313967
Sounds like America but with more beauracracy, less religious fanatics, and an equal amount of frustration.
>>
>>30313111
Most of em are banned anyways because of felonies
>>
>>30313078
>roughly 1/10th of the country accounts for roughly 1/2 of the murders
jesus fucking christ
>>
>>30312946

EU Commission (read: government/administration) want to to ban semi-autos etc, while large part (majority?) of EU Parliament opposes pretty much everything that Commission has on its suggestion for the directive (read: EU guideline legislation - if passed member countries need to adjust their legislation accordingly, although sometime they succeed getting exceptions). At the moment they are going through about zillionth compromise proposal. Next major voting on the matter is in 10th or 12 of July.
>>
>>30312861
Care to post the REST of the study's best points? Also, why is the website posted in this thread not an EU website if it's from the European Parliament?
>>
>>30318605
lol read it man.
It's barely over a hundred pages and the key sections are linked in the contents for easy access.
>>
>>30313094
Can i get a source on that Austrian election thing? All im seeing is that the far-right was defeated by a small margin.
>>
>>30319219
I cant pull up a source for you anon but here is the story from what i understand.

"far" Right Candidate runs successful campaign based on limiting refugee inflow and stopping uncontrolled inflow in its tracks.

Gains serious support in Austria with the usual assblasted liberals crying about human rights. Then... Hofer gets slapped with the "far right" label all across European media. Retards speculate that Hofer is the second reincarnation of Hitler and act accordingly.

Hofer takes a big hit but he isnt down?!? He counterattacks and seems to be leading the election by a slim margin.

FastForward and a week before "Der Tag" and the election is no longer a assured victory for the pro EU Greens. EU makes a ominous statement that "they will oppose" and "Will not work with" a far right government in the EU.

Cue panic in the ranks and soccer moms speculate on sanctions, quarantine and isolation of the Austrian nation if they halt the tide of peace loving Nigerian doctors and engineers flooding the borders.

Hofer looses by tiny margin which some people consider a direct result of EU threats/posturing the week before the election.
>>
>>30319369
thanks anon. I seem to recall someone talking about one election (maybe poland?) where a far right candidate won but the EU invalidated that election and then placed only candidates they approved of on the ballot.. Although i may be thinking of Rhodesia..
>>
>>30319369
The EU is fucked in some many ways.

I really hope the Brits pull the pin, the loss of sovereignty that the EU causes and their interference in intracountry politics is unacceptable.
>>
>>30319539

>The EU is fucked in some many ways.

It sure is. The EU is a great idea for forming a pan European interest group to face today's global geopolitics but it got hopelessly tangled by diverse interests from every nation, corrupted by globalist interest groups and is not being eaten alive by a unholy abomination of liberal ideals enforced by authoritarian government.

>I really hope the Brits pull the pin

Me to but its never going to happen. Not enough people are uncomfortable enough to make serious change a reality imho.

The recent murder is great icing on the shit cake as well.
>>
File: overall homicide rate.gif (58 KB, 1592x853) Image search: [Google]
overall homicide rate.gif
58 KB, 1592x853
>>30312936
What's going on in Estonia?
>>
File: Knife Fight 1_0.jpg (32 KB, 666x360) Image search: [Google]
Knife Fight 1_0.jpg
32 KB, 666x360
>>30319692
>>
>>30313362
I will laugh hard at you bongs when you exit EU and find yourself out of job and having to pay more taxes and morgages and leases just to trade with EU but never have a say in what they do.

People who vote for brexit are narrowminded idiots and uneducated cunts.

Have fun, when you find yourself without vacation, paying more taxes and quite possibly out of job, remember, it was all you.
>>
>>30313055
You know that the far right groups are the same as the left wing groups and are anti funs?
>>
>>30319692
guns are legal, CCW was added in 2004 but most homocides happen when a gang of russians beats you to death on a street.

There's not really a gun culture. People who shoot do it as a hobby. Only security guards and ex miltiary really carry.
>>
>>30319692
People keep forgetting we share a rather large border with the second highest nation on the top chart.
>>
>>30319692

Just like their HIV rates, Estonia's stats are skewed because of the Russians. It's kinda like the US if you don't count niggers, our quality of life is on part with any western nation.
>>
>>30319692
lots of Russians.
>>
>>30319818

> find yourself out of job and having to pay more taxes and morgages and leases

Britain is not a huge manufacturing/services hub for the EU anyway. What are all these jobs they are going to loose? Citation fucking needed.

Britain will likely have to pay more taxes in trade but that has a positive affect on local "industry" (includes many sectors) and the fifth largest economy in the world is not collapsing anytime soon.

>but never have a say in what they do

As if Britain does now.

>People who vote for brexit are narrowminded idiots and uneducated cunts.

Great argument...

>Have fun, when you find yourself without vacation, paying more taxes and quite possibly out of job, remember, it was all you.

Because there is no possible advantages to leaving the EU. Autonomy, local industry and immunity from a very likely EU collapse and their current destructive policies is just nothing to think about i suppose.
>>
>>30313187
Theres a big feeling that everyone was sold a big bill of goods and now its just the germans abusing the banking and econ system.

The immigration pisses people off too
>>
>>30319880
Not gonna bother arguing with you. You obviously went "YEAH MUH BRITAN MUH INDEPENDENT FUK IMMIGRANTS AND EU" and never looked back.

It's a retarded decision and you are voting for it thinking its great despite researching into both sides of the argument like anyone with a braincell would do in this case.
>>
File: 1447522035299.jpg (56 KB, 490x746) Image search: [Google]
1447522035299.jpg
56 KB, 490x746
>>30319932

Me

>Britain will likely have to pay more taxes in trade but that has a positive affect on local "industry" (includes many sectors) and the fifth largest economy in the world is not collapsing anytime soon.

You

>You obviously went "YEAH MUH BRITAN MUH INDEPENDENT FUK IMMIGRANTS AND EU" and never looked back.

WhoAreYouReplyingTo.png

Name one reason besides higher regional taxes and a possible increase in trade tariffs (which Britain can weather easily) for staying in the EU.
>>
>>30313044
yes if he is cute and willing to surrender his boipucci
>>
>>30313111
>felons
>not having guns
do you live in some bizarro world where criminals follow laws?

>be me
>20 year old underage drinking with shitheel friend, friend, and shitheel freinds freind at shitheel freinds freind's dads place
>shitheel freind and his buddy are white niggers
>shitheel freinds freind steps out for a moment as we break out the vodka
>comes out of the bedroom with a 20ga shotgun and racks it one handed
>are we getting fucking robbed.jpg
>"yo check this shit out I ain't even supposed to have it bro"
>proceed to fingerfuck his dads shitty mossberg with a fixed modified choke
>shitheel freinds freind is a felon and served a few years in a georgia prison for burglary
>shitheel friend and shitheel freinds freind later get swatted outside a party and have a shitton of weed because white niggers
>shitheel freinds freind gets extradited back to georgia to go back to prison
>he'd violated probation the second he got out of prison
>wew
>shitheel freind at various other times, while being a 17 year old, had possessed several shitty stolen pistols
>shitheel last seen by my friend smoking crack with a crackwhore on a S florida street corner
>most likely jumped bail because "I ain't going 2 prison nigga"
>>
>>30320112
>be me
>wanted a gun for years
>left-side neighbors held at gunpoint by crackhead in their own house
>right-side neighbors are illegal arms dealers
>local jewelry store robbed by dudes with AKs
>father & son shot down the road, the old man will be a vegetable for the rest of his life

>god forbid a law-abiding citizen such as myself is able to protect himself from these goons
>>
>>30319219
The election was close and everyone was sure Hofer would win, suddenly 200k votes are made ''invalid'' and he loses.
>>
>>30321267
>not buying a gat off your illegal arms dealers
>>
>>30312861
So why is the EU report NOT in an EU website?
>>
>>30321504
Hell no, they're under pretty strict surveillance from the police and no way in hell am I risking that
>>
>>30315123
And the white murder rate is actually lower because that graph counts "white" hispanics as white
>>
>>30312861
Every legitimate report I've read has presented similar results, but the anti-gunners don't care. It's all about muh feelings and muh common sense to these people.

http://www.nap.edu/download/10881

Highly recommend reading.
>>
>>30322184
Needs a login. Can you find another source?
>>
>>30322295
You can download for free as a guest. Just input a fake e-mail.
>>
>>30319369
none of that happened
>>
>inb4 this quality thread gets idiotically deleted by tyrannical mods
>>
>>30312987
They have Denny's in India?
>>
>>30312936
Mexico definitely has more than 20 guns per 100 people, but I pity the poor son of a bitch who has to go around finding the real number.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.