[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Handgun vs rifle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8
File: 1437012238168.jpg (303 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
1437012238168.jpg
303 KB, 1500x1000
Are you more of a handgun guy or a rifle guy? What is your favorite guns to take out when you go shooting?

I'm personally more fond of handguns, rarely like to shoot my ar and ak
>Sig P226
>S&W Shield
>>
Revolvers are the ultimate man toy.
Can't beat the click of a drum and that long DA pull.
Love seeing flash angels; gasses and gunpowder particles float in the air under sunlight.
Smith and Wesson are my best friends, wish I could own an Uberti Schofield.
>>
>>30310471
I practice more with my handguns because I have to drive 2 hours out to shoot beyond 25 yards with my rifle. I feel like being very proficient with my handguns that I carry daily is pretty damn important.
>>
>>30310471
Whatever the situation requires. Have you ever tried to take a dump while having a 20" AR next to you and prepared to use it if necessary? It's a big bitch to fumble around with.

I look at any kind of firearm as a tool. Either a work tool or a tool to create fun. Aesthetically I can appreciate just about anything so long as its classic or has functionality.
>>
>>30310471
I enjoy handguns more. I think the Army kind of killed my joy of the rifle due to how shit range days were. I just remember qualifying and sitting in the hot sun all fucking day while some fat niggress from HHD tried for hours to hit more than 10 targets. God damn we never got to go tot he range with just our company. Fucking HHD.
>>
I have far more long guns, I always take my m%p 9 to the range, but that goes along with at least two other rifles.
>>
>>30310471
Handguns are more fun to shoot, rifles would probably be if I did long range shooting.
>>
rifle

handguns are all glocks to me
>>
I'm a handgun guy. I have yet to own a revolver, so that'll likely be my next purchase.
>>
I'm a shotgun guy
>>
I like rifles more than anything else.
>>
>>30312287
raise your shotgun freak flag!
nothing better than fucking shit up with the scatter gun. Too much fun.
>>
Definitely M1 Carbine. No recoil and the sound of the bolt cycling is orgasmic.

I prefer rifles because I only turned 21 recently and am buying all the semi-auto rifles I can before my state passes Reasonable, Common-Sense Gun Safety Legislation supported by the Majority of the American People, and saves countless of babies, children, disenfranchised urban adolescents, and children from Gun Violence.

Though I might buy an off-roster pistol from the Indian reservation gun shop that's going to open.
>>
File: 20160614_203417.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160614_203417.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
Handgun guy for the most part. Also a big shotgun fag too though.
>>
>>30310471
I like rifles better for shooting school children, but you can't beat a handgun for good old fashioned domestic abuse
>>
>>30310471
I'm a rifle lover. Most of the time when I see handguns it feels like an incomplete carbine, so I guess I'm gonna have shitloads of SBR forms to fill out later when I have cash.

My wrists are huge fucking pussies so recoil not being there is great. Favorite gun I own and love to shoot is my nugget cause I'm poor as shit, but currently saving for an ak.
>>
I'm probably about 75% long gun 25% handgun.
>>
>>30312645
I kinda like fudd style rifles, and m1 carbines make me beyond moist. Sucks they're rare and a gorillion fucking dollars though.
>>
Shotguns actually. I'm really good with them.
>>
File: 1441264310605.jpg (594 KB, 1514x1400) Image search: [Google]
1441264310605.jpg
594 KB, 1514x1400
>>30310471
>I'm personally more fond of handguns
>Sig P226
>S&W Shield
thats because youre a bitchboy tacofucker. And why didnt you call it the Mk25? You show us the sticker enough to know its proper name....

>He still has his boatanchor
>even after NSW adopted the Gen3 G19
>laughingcunts.jpg
>>
File: 1458185037143.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1458185037143.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
Definitely a rifle guy.

Handguns are fine and all, but they just don't really offer anything to keep me interested. They feel a lot more like just a tool to me than my rifles, which fill me with *determination*.
>>
File: 20160617_182213.jpg (3 MB, 2193x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160617_182213.jpg
3 MB, 2193x2988
I like to shoot pistols more, but I think I still prefer rifles overall.
>>
I like pistols and rifles equally, but I buy more pistols than rifles, and I shoot pistols more often than rifles.
Not so big on shotguns, skeet is fun for a while, but shotguns are most fun when shooting slugs at 100+ yards, which is expensive.
>>
Handguns have a lot of cool uses but a rifle is more effective.
>>
>>30312645
save yourself some money by just buying up lowers for now, if youre only doing it to be safe from new gun laws of course. but anyway they would have to amend the 2nd amendment and they wont be able to without civil war.
>>
>>30312832
Minus it clearly being in Australia, your house seems pretty aesthetic.
>>
Definitely used to prefer rifles. The handling has always been easier and they're funner to shoot. Now that I'm getting better at handguns it's growing on me. They're easier to take out and shoot too, as most the indoor ranges only allow handguns. If I want to shoot my rifles I have to go out in the desert and make a trip out of it.

I will say handguns definitely have the edge when it comes to selection. With rifles it's basically AR vs AK with a few niches that tend to be on the expensive side. With handguns holy hell there's a huge selection.
>>
Handgun fan here. Practical for carry, no issue with my cross dominant eyes, local range only goes to 200yd max, and I've just always had a thing for them.

That said I own more rifles currently.
>>
>>30312890
Do intend to get a few lowers but I want an AK74, PTR91, L1A1 clone at bare minimum.
>but anyway they would have to amend the 2nd amendment and they wont be able to without civil war
'This is California, we don't follow the constitution'
>>
>>30310471
That would have been a nice picture if the photographer had the decency to wipe the gun down first
>>
I like handguns more just because I have one on my person 24/7. Don't get me wrong, I love my AK, but you build a deep, personal relationship with a weapon when the end of the slide and magazine of a full size pistol take turns stabbing the shit out of your love handles in an IWB holster day after day.
>>
>>30310471
i like both equally. its depicted in my collections as well. that said long guns get used more because im not going to take any of my pistols deer or small game hunting. but if im jsut our for a romp innawoods for a day or two ill take a pistol instead.
>>
>>30312832
LOOK AT THIS FAG WITH A 16S
>>
>>30310471

I have a greater fondness for handguns, largely because I'm cross dominant and rifles are generally a bitch for me
>>
>>30310496
holy shit I want one of those Schofields so bad. They look absolutely gorgeous, I'd love to get one of the Russian cavalry models in .38 or .45 LC, or a 3.5" barrel one and carry it around to be a goofball. How do you like shooting them?
>>
i really enjoy shotguns because of the utility they have, how affordable a decent one is, and that i can fire a .70 caliber chunk of lead out of one.

i want to get a rifle too, probably a tikka or savage in .308 or 30-06.
>>
I am a terrible shot with handguns. I much prefer rifles, of which I really, really like carbines.

There are more handguns I want than rifles though.
>>
>>30310471

Rifles definitely do more, but handguns and shotguns see more action in my daily life.
>>
>>30310471
I like shooting rifles better, but I'm more trained with handguns.
>>
>>30310471
I'm kind of nerdier about rifles but find I enjoy shooting handguns more overall. If nothing else I can take the handgun to the nearby indoor range and not feel like I'm just wasting ammo. Shooting an AR at 25 yards... Not really a challenge.
>>
File: 1465918969380.png (151 KB, 321x378) Image search: [Google]
1465918969380.png
151 KB, 321x378
>>30310471
I'm sorry, but I just fucking can't with pistols.

When I get a pistol, I can only have one, and all the rest instantly become irrelevant and worthless to me.

With a rifle, I can pick it up and immediately have a good time regardless of ergonomics , but with a pistol, unless it's another FNX45 I can't even force myself to enjoy shooting it.
>>
>>30310471

>handgun guy or a rifle guy

I prefer shooting a handgun because it's challenging. Most people can't shoot their pistol for shit, and those that can take 20min to line up that perfect shot. The art of tactical shooting with a handgun is a highly challenging and equally rewarding hobby with real world benefits.
>>
>>30310471
I am rifle guy, but I admit I really like my 92FS, and my shotgun is fun as fuck.

Eventually I'll probably be like this guy. >>30317551
>>
>>30310471
Handguns have been my shit for a long time, but so have rifles. I like the both honestly.
>>
>>30312051
Fucking this.

>wait 2 hours in hot/cold ass bleachers
>shoot 49 rounds.
>>
>>30310471
Handgun.
>>
File: 1462690647563.jpg (27 KB, 508x566) Image search: [Google]
1462690647563.jpg
27 KB, 508x566
>>30316238
I know that feel bruh.
>right handed, left-eyed
>can't stand shooting lefty
>squinting.jpg
>>
Handguns, but only because the range I go to has nicer handgun-only facilities.

>25m individual bays used for action shooting
vs.
>300m shared range with benches

It's about an hour and a half both ways, so I get a lot more shooting in if I just focus on pistols. I've really been missing shooting my rifles recently, though.
>>
>>30310471
hardcore long guns guy.
>henry 357/38 lever
>10/22
>rarely AR since muffs hit the stock so it is a bitch to get a good sight picture
>>
>>30312679
Don't forget shotguns for public disturbances
>>
>>30316298
I love some .38sp +P.
But for the Uberti, I'd get the heaviest load .45LC I can find.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.