[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is their a weapon that is capable of causing as much damage in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 12
File: AR15_A3_Tactical_Carbine_pic1.jpg (50 KB, 800x390) Image search: [Google]
AR15_A3_Tactical_Carbine_pic1.jpg
50 KB, 800x390
Is their a weapon that is capable of causing as much damage in the time frame that an AR-15 type rifle could and is also legally sold in the USA.

I live the the Northeast US and a lot of local politicians are saying that if the US bans AR-15s it would stop the damage caused in mass shootings.

Not looking for politics just want some facts from professionals and not politicians.
>>
>>30289003
Literally any semi automatic rifle in an intermediate sized chambering.

Mini-14s are ok in most liberal states.
>>
Why are all the posts low quality? What's up with all the spelling errors and awkward wordings?
>>
File: airline.jpg (55 KB, 800x300) Image search: [Google]
airline.jpg
55 KB, 800x300
>>
>>30289025
You could always to go to another thread
>>
File: image.jpg (306 KB, 470x325) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
306 KB, 470x325
>>30289003

No anon, a small caliber handheld rifle is the most dangerous thing a civilian can possibly acquire, surely if we banned them nobody would ever be able to kill a bunch of people ever again.....
>>
>>30289003
Mini-14, AR-180, Tavor, AUG, FNC, Galil, AK-100 series, FAMAS, FN 2000, HK SL8, HK 416, ACR, SCAR, SAR, ARAK, plus dozens of derivatives.

That's just the guns available in 5.56, if you count guns available in 5.45, 7.62, .30-06, and various wildcat calibres then it's basically never ending.
>>
The AR-15 is just a .223 calibre rifle.

So... any other .223 rifle. There is nothing magical about the AR-15 that makes it more powerful or deadly.
>>
>>30289209
Nope, its basically a high powered .22. It just happens to be one of the more popular firearms in the US. I dont know why exactly they want to ban that exact platform if literally countless others exist that do the exact same thing.
>>
>>30289003
Technically, Colt AR-15s were banned by name. Obviously, Colt themselves slightly changed the rifle and continues to sell basically the same thing.

I'd imagine the same thing would happen.
>>
>>30289266
From the petitions and crybaby social media posts I've seen on the matter, they acknowledge this and say it's symbolic.
>>
>>30289266
>I dont know why exactly they want to ban that exact platform if literally countless others exist that do the exact same thing.
Because they have no fucking idea what they are talking about when it comes to guns.
>>
>>30289296
Yeah, it symbolizes that they are making progress toward the draconian shit they actually want to do.
>>
>>30289025
welcome to /k/ after a mass shooting. everyone comes here to answer questions raised by their aunt's gay ass failbook postings that inevitably crop up because we're experts on the subject that auntie is an uninformed moron upon .
>>
File: weapon.png (245 KB, 893x600) Image search: [Google]
weapon.png
245 KB, 893x600
>>30289003
>>
>>30289311
It also sets a precedent.

>"Let's ban this one rifle because it's symbolic, we know other rifles so the same thing but that's not important"
>next year
>"We already banned the AR-15, why do we allow all these other guns that do the same thing? We have to ban all semiautomatic rifles now"
>>
>>30289003
You believe politicians?
>>
>>30289199
I not the one making the claim just looking for info so I can educate people when they say that.
>>
>>30289296
They want to ban all assault weapons, the AR-15 is just the typical black rifle they put on the posts to scare people.
>>
>>30289375
No
>>
>>30289438
Specifically, a lot of people want the AR-15 banned. 170k signed this petition to ban the AR in a matter of hours. It's reached the threshold where the white house has to address it.
>>
>>30289467
Oh gee I wonder what Obama is going to say about it.
>>
>>30289003
Yes.
>>
Politicians don't realize that literally any semiautomatic weapon with detachable magazines can do exactly the same thing, some even designed over 100 years ago.
>>
>>30289003
Mini14 will be similar.

A battle rifle that is also semi will be similar but heavier.

A series of 9mm pistols on chest rigs and in holsters would not be quite as deadly but depending on situation might get close, for instance if the people are really packed in and you don't have to aim much.
>>
>>30289467
>>30289482
Forgot link to petition

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//petition/ban-ar-15-civilian-ownership
>>
>>30289508
So why not ban them all? (pretend I'm an antigunner)
>>
>>30289209
This.

Breivik used a Mini 14 and Cho used a Glock, any semi auto is functionally the same when it comes to shooting unarmed people in the back.
>>
>>30289545
Cool, start with the police/military's
>>
File: 1286139150656.jpg (495 KB, 990x2218) Image search: [Google]
1286139150656.jpg
495 KB, 990x2218
60/40 mix of sulfur powder and kno3 will do more damage than any gun in a crowded place
>>
>>30289551
>any semi auto is functionally the same when it comes to shooting unarmed people in the back.

Or in the case of those three examples, function the same when you have several hours to walk around and execute people at your leisure.
>>
>>30289605
Pretty much. I was talking to a family member after Sandy Hook and he was giving me the usual "If only Arfteens were illegal, more chillins would be alive!" and I asked him what exactly he expected unarmed children to do against any firearm.

This guy at Pulse was locked in the club with all these people for 3 fucking hours AFTER the cops arrived, he could have accomplished the same thing with almost any gun.
>>
>>30289199
People keep fucking forgetting that excluding 9/11 and democide this was the worst mass murder in US history.
>>
File: 1456654294257.png (20 KB, 700x650) Image search: [Google]
1456654294257.png
20 KB, 700x650
>>30289201
>>30289209
>>30289551

>Telling this sketchy ass person anything specific.

DO NOT GIVE ANTI GUNNERS THE SPECIFIC NAMES OF ANY RIFLES. They will only use this information against you. The only reason we can buy the vz in MD when all AKs are banned is because they are uncommon and our retard lawmakers don't know about them. Do not help them.
>>
>>30289803
There's nothing they can do with this information. All the shit they're proposing is the same thing they always try. It's dead on arrival in congress, but the anti gun lobby has to look like they're still fighting against the evil NRA so they can keep their donors placated.

We're going to see the gun lobby concede the no fly list ban, everyone will be able to look like they did something while blaming each other for not doing enough/too much, and life will go on.
>>
>>30289003
If I had to choose the most casualties, I'd say probably a 20 gauge semiautomatic magazine fed shotgun.

The opening blasts would be devastating in a nightclub setting, and 20 gauge as opposed to 12 mean more ammo carried and quicker follow up shots, while still leaving plenty of chance for one hit kills.

Will definitely need a pistol sidearm to finish off any stragglers who didn't catch the full load of buckshot. Any caliber would do, like a .32 or something since it's just a finisher. But me personally Tbh I'd use 10mm so I could try and get "the ultra high assault diameter cartridge" banned as one final act of defiance to all the 10mm dickriders on /k/ who like to shit up any thread where pistols are mentioned.
>>
>>30289599
Any /k/hemistry fags know if this will work? I've been seeing it since forever, but was always unsure about it, especially the poison one
>>
A nugget, not trolling either
>>
>>30290400
it works h2s is no fucking joke even the residue will turn to hydrochloric acid when it rains, generally when a oil well has a h2s blow out the site is off limits for 2 weeks and most of the equipment will be pretty badly corroded
>>
>>30290461
Neato thanks comrade
>>
>>30289752
>if you ignore a few events this was the worst
>>
>>30290461
Why do I get the feeling you failed chemistry?
>>
>ban ARs to stop mass shootings
>mass shootings still happen
I'd get my AR back then, right?
>>
>>30290535
Your choices for worse are 9/11 or Union troops slaughtering the shit out of natives for shits and giggles.
>>
>>30290461
Does that really make h2s? If so, well fuck. Death in a few breaths with a high enough concentration. One guy died last year under fresh air because the concentration was so high(I think excess of 30,000 ppm) that it got into his sinuses through his ear. He dropped while he and his crew were walking in to a job and was dead before they got him back out.
>>
>>30290586
m8 do you even politics?

>event happens
>blame ____
>____ is banned

either
>____ never happens again or happens less often
>"See, banning ____ worked, so you'll never get it back"

or
>____ keeps happening
>"We need a more restrictive ban on ____"
>>
>>30289003
>Is their a weapon that is capable of causing as much damage in the time frame that an AR-15 type rifle could and is also legally sold in the USA.
Any 9mm semiautomatic handgun.
And because you can use two of them at the same time unlike a rifle and because of their extended magazines, you can actually cause even more damage with multiple 9mm handguns as opposed to an AR-15 type rifle.

Protip: They can't be banned at all.
Protip 2: Banning semiautomatic rifles won't solve anything because 9mm handguns can easily replace them in these horrific events.
>>
>>30289545
>So why not ban them all?
Heller v DC specifically states that you CANNOT ban any weapon that is in common use.
Most of the guns that are privately owned in the United States of America are semiautomatic handguns.
>>
>Ban semiautomatic rifles
>Bombs still work
Wow, fucking nothing
>>
File: 81aDkbuUEeL._SL1500_.jpg (109 KB, 1500x1171) Image search: [Google]
81aDkbuUEeL._SL1500_.jpg
109 KB, 1500x1171
>>30289003
Like I've told everyone, if there were stricter gun laws it would have been a bombing and many more would have died. Pic fucking related; their kill count would have been much higher if it were in an enclosed area instead of open air (because physics)
>>
>>30289752
>this was the worst mass murder in US history.
Excluding those examples, the 2ND WORST mass murder in US history was caused by a Korean in a university classroom with a 9mm handgun and a .22lr pistol.
>>
>>30291637
They don't think hard enough.
>>
>>30291605
And that is why virtually almost all gun deaths in the US are caused by handguns. Source: FBI UCR
>>
>>30289752
>worst mass murder in US history

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_Land_fire
>The Happy Land fire was an arson fire that killed 87 people trapped in an unlicensed social club named "Happy Land", at 1959 Southern Boulevard in the West Farms section of the Bronx in New York City on March 25, 1990.

>implying it's only murder if the weapon was a gun
>>
>>30289003
Get an AK.
>>
File: git.jpg (58 KB, 900x652) Image search: [Google]
git.jpg
58 KB, 900x652
>>30289003
yeah, a saiga 12 with drum mags

or a fertilizer bomb like timothy mcveigh used

or a large truck driven into a crowded area

or a sudden combination of ammonia and bleach in a building

or an airliner flown into a building

>legally
you can buy fertilizer, trucks, cleaning supplies, and airplanes WAY easier than guns, with the exception of fertilizer maybe (not a farmer, but I think the high yield stuff is controlled)
>>
>>30289994
the no fly list ban is fucking horrible

>the government promises to not take away your liberty without due process of law
>unless we put you on a secret list with no reason necesary to give

I'd like to remind everyone that Komitet Gosudarstvennoy Bezopasnosti translates to 'Committee for State Security'.
>>
>>30292959
Yeh its fucking stupid. They won't put the right people on the list and will cause a lifetime of drama for random people who have, the same name as a terrorists, get confused with a terrorist, have false accusations made that they are a terrorist or get added for no apparent reason other then bureaucrats constantly fuck everything up.

And of course any real terrorist knowing they are on da secret spooky list will go buy a gun either through a legal private sale or an illegal private sale.

>Wont reduce risk of anything happening
>Will cost money
>Will screw with people who have done nothing wrong
>Is a violation of due process
>Is a violation of fundamental constitutional rights
>>
>>30291662
To lazy to check I thought the bath school bombing was worse...
>>
>>30291704
Didn't you know anon that arson isn't real murder, not for these purposes otherwise Ausfalia has had lots of mass murders since their gun bans.
>>
>>30289003
Pretty much anything really. If you have hundreds of people packed together and nothing to defend them, pretty much anything that isn't a muzzle loader is going to be devastating.

I guess a single-shot .22 would probably do less, but any center fire rifle that feeds from a magazine or any semi-automatic or double action pistol would work just as well.
>>
>>30289282
Colt didn't develop nor does it own the rights to the AR-15 just look at the name, AR stands for Armalite.
>>
>>30289520
Why multiple pistols? Why not just one and a shit load of hi-cap mags?
>>
File: 1466012351104.jpg (82 KB, 627x750) Image search: [Google]
1466012351104.jpg
82 KB, 627x750
>>30289994

Does anyone actually know what qualifies you for this list? For all we know, posting on /k/ could qualify you because of "having an unusual obsession with firearms". That's what bothers me. It's the super secret list that strips you of constitutional rights without due process. It's one thing if gay bashing openly threatening Mohammad gets put on there but I'm just waiting for them to start using it against normal white guys who are outspoken about protecting and exercising their rights.
>>
File: 014045332149lg.jpg (32 KB, 276x276) Image search: [Google]
014045332149lg.jpg
32 KB, 276x276
>>30289003
He could have thrown two of these things and just shot the tanks (He could have even used just a slingshot with sharp rocks to do it) and he probably would have KILLED at least 100 instantly.
>>
>>30290537
Hydrosulfuric acid sorry
>>
>>30289003
There was someone not long ago who committed a mass killing by driving his vehicle through one of those street marches (or maybe it was a bike thing).

Regardless, the guy drove his car intentionally through a crowd of people, murdered about 5 of them. That's more than the average "mass shooting". The reality is that there are bad people in this world who wish to do harm to others for no rationale reason. The politicians want to take away any and all rights of the average person, the cuck voters want them to because they are terrified of their own shadow. It has absolutely nothing to do with guns and it's simply a classic philosophical and political question about security versus liberty that the founding fathers have written about extensively.
>>
>>30292846
From what I've heard, they try to track suspicious purchases but it's realistically impossible because it's so common.
>>
>>30290650
It was also a big suicide fad in Japan to mix hydrochloric acid and sulfur products making h2s , it was called detergent suicides or something like that
>>
>>30296278
Pretty much but most nitrate fertilizer is in liquid form so if someone wants asks for the solid form it tends to throw off red flags
>>
>>30289003
>liberal bait datamining thread
>all these replies
>>
>>30295899
You are retarded. You ever shoot one?
I have. The gas leaks out. They don't explode like they do in movies, and that is assuming the bullet penetrates it.
>>
>>30289003
Well less than 300 of the 8500 firearms related homicides each year are committed with rifles, so ar15 would be even less than that, but I could imagine with a bit of training, and depending on response time a standard pump would be just as bad, or a bolt action from a water tower or something. Also someone could "just" make a pipe smg
>>
>>30290461
H2S will also deaden your senses. You can smell it in small concentrations but here is the kicker: when you stop smelling it, it is approaching the lethal concentration. So when that egg smell instantly vanishes, you are in trouble.
Source: Lab tech for 8 years at Sigma Aldrich.
>>
>>30289003
Any modern semi automatic firearm can do the same thing as the AR platform. Literally you would have to ban all firearms.

HELL with a little more skill lever action rifles can do far worse.

But this is a stupid discussion anyway because an inanimate object is not responsible for the actions of a human being.
>>
>>30295835
Colt bought the rights to it from Armalite way back when they were doing contract development for the U.S. military.
>>
File: a3571_double barrel.jpg (38 KB, 640x390) Image search: [Google]
a3571_double barrel.jpg
38 KB, 640x390
>>30295860
But you gotta use two handguns at once! Like an ACTION STAR! Now a bunch of naysayers will tell you that not keeping your hands together screws up your aim, well, fine, but you see, we could kowtow to that load of nitpicking and still leverage the awesome power of multiple guns by welding together two 9mms side by side, like this. Now the naysayers have no arguments!
>>
>>30296415
This should be obvious. Even the columbine kids tried this, or maybe even a more proper way, and they still got nothing! Maybe they even tried throwing a pipe bomb at it at the end, with no effect still.
>>
>>30289532
Is there any counter-petition going that's along the lines of "let's make the AR-15 the official rifle of the United States"?

I'm thinking counter-troll to the tune of Darren Wilson's GoFundMe.
>>
>>30297609
well nevermind, answered my own question:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/disregard-petition-ban-ar-15
>>
>>30292959
Did nobody tell them this does literally nothing to stop private sales?
>>
>>30289003
>what can kill that many people that is legally sold in the USA?
Matches.

Arsons have always been more effective at killing people.
>>
>>30289003
Yeah, a honda civic
>>
>>30296415
What if it's an incendiary bullet?
>>
>>30297871
Then it would explode. Those were specifically designed to spark when puncturing fuel tanks.
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.