[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will ROTC and club wrestling at University get me into a good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: You feel it too don't you.png (148 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
You feel it too don't you.png
148 KB, 640x480
Will ROTC and club wrestling at University get me into a good enough shape where I'd be able to have a chance at passing SFAS?
>>
>>30288831
I'd recommend getting into a good level of fitness before participating in a contact sport. That being said, you're looking to get into SFAS so you'll end up with ubiquitous joint pain anyway.
>>
>>30288831
Probably not. How's your cardio? what are you getting in the 1.5 or 2 mile?
>>
Depends on if you're going officer after rotc or just enlisting. If you do the officer route you have to be waiting on your CPT promotion before you can attend SFAS
>>
File: trustnoone.jpg (72 KB, 717x480) Image search: [Google]
trustnoone.jpg
72 KB, 717x480
>>30288831
Look up the graduation requirements for the physical test. At least be able to pass the minimum before you start.
>>
>>30288857
I'm already in average shape, I wrestled in highschool except for senior year.

>>30288860
My fastest 2 mile was in highschool and it was like 11:50. Now it's probably pretty shitty, but I can definitely get it back to there, if not better.

>>30288874
Exactly, so I was thinking that if I went into there already in good shape (Max APFT) and then spent another 1-2 years in some infantry line unit, I'd be ready to take on SFAS when I was eligible.
>>
>>30288831
Be able to ruck heavy/fast/far, carry heavy crap, insane grip strength, and lift fairly heavy.

You do shit like pushups once at SFAS
>>
>>30288831
>Will ROTC and club wrestling at University get me into a good enough shape where I'd be able to have a chance at passing SFAS?
Nothing will get you into good enough shape to have a chance at passing SFA&S better than working on the specific requirements that SFA&S calls for. There's tons of programs and routines in books and online tailored to basically every SOF selection course there is, so go look into that. But having a more active lifestyle in general that promotes physical fitness is an added benefit, so yes it should help some.
>>
>>30289300
Alright, there was a book I found that I had been meaning to buy, so I guess I'll start there. I've got 5-6 years to prepare so let's see how it goes.
>>
>>30288831
Just go to the gym and eat right. It's not like moderate fitness is a mystery.
>>
>>30290699
>Just go to the gym and eat right
>For one of the hardest, if not the hardest training program in the US Military
You've got to have a more detailed plan if you want to pass SFAS and SFQC
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.