[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What to do in a active shooter situation?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (277 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
277 KB, 1920x1080
What do you do in a situation with a lone gun man murdering people in a given area?

I often wonder about these situations because how can you defend yourself if unarmed?

Like those people in Orlando out numbered the gun man severely. Why wait around to die instead of attempting to attack him?

My friend told me situations are a lot different when being shot at and fear can paralyze you.

But still, a gun man can only shoot effectively in one direction and can't watch behind him while shooting right?

Anyway, what to do in a situation like this? I really hate the idea of just waiting around to die. Why is it so hard to defend against active shooters?
>>
Arm yourself and engage when given an opportunity. If no opportunity, run away. Don't be in a gun-free zone.
>>
either
>run away
or
>shoot him in the face
>>
File: 1440833175154.jpg (307 KB, 1037x971) Image search: [Google]
1440833175154.jpg
307 KB, 1037x971
>>30283608
Get on the ground and hope that you're not shot at.

Don't ever think about charging the shooter, you'll get demolished.

These people in Orlando were fairies, but more than that they were in a total state of panic. The room was dark, they probably didn't see shit and it must've been hard to locate the shooter from the sound, because a nightclub is nothing but music and people talking.

The guy had been preparing that shooting for close to three years, there is no way in hell you or anyone else would have been able to stop him.
>>
>>30283616
I live in Massachusetts, how fucked am I when it comes to gun free zones?
>>
>>30283657
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't MA basically a bigass gun free zone?
>>
>>30283608
>vomit and pee on your attacker
>>
>>30283608
Cover yourself
>>
>>30283625
>Don't ever think about charging the shooter, you'll get demolished.

if 10 people rushed him at the start how many do you think he would have killed before they got him?
>>
Am I the only one who hates the term "active shooter"? Every time I hear it on the news it annoys me to no end
>>
>>30283625
>These people in Orlando were fairies, but more than that they were in a total state of panic. The room was dark, they probably didn't see shit and it must've been hard to locate the shooter from the sound, because a nightclub is nothing but music and people talking.
Don't forget, this was a shooting in a nightclub at 2AM on a Sunday morning.

So in addition to everything you've said they were also all shitfaced and half asleep. Mateen planned this well, and checked the location out beforehand to make sure.
>>
>>30284617
Stop being such a passive shooter, anon.
>>
>>30283608
if i'm unarmed and more than 5 or 10 feet away i put as much space and as many solid objects between him as i can as quickly as possible

if i make it out the door i keep moving and go around corners and keep putting solid objects (cars or other buildings or whatever) between me and the gunman until i feel safe
>>
>>30283608

post selfies to internet during, with reaction expressions on your face of bewilderment
>>
>>30284637
yeah all those trips to the glory hole were "scouting"
>>
>>30283608
I recommend having either a stash of PCP or, even better, Crack and Ketamine rocked up together. Free base that shit real quick and charge the shooter. Bonus points if you have enough to share with other and create your own mini blitzkrieg.
>>
>>30284972

He was just making sure they were really gay
>>
>>30284972
No, I was talking about the one he apparently made that night at 1AM. He was checking to make sure the situation was favorable.
>>
try not to get shot LOL
>>
>>30283625
I'm assuming that's a typo and it's supposed to be 350mg of cholesterol and the computer did the % conversion
>>
File: h-hayai.png (504 KB, 698x760) Image search: [Google]
h-hayai.png
504 KB, 698x760
>>30283608
Ask wikihow
>>
File: HAYAII part two.jpg (145 KB, 728x546) Image search: [Google]
HAYAII part two.jpg
145 KB, 728x546
>>30286089
>>
>>30283616
>dont be in a gun-free zone

Good advice Since all shootiings have happened in gun free zones.
>>
>>30283657
http://handgunlaw.us/states/massachusetts.pdf

Quote:

“No Firearm” signs in Massachusetts have no force of law unless they are posted on property that is specifically mentioned in State Law as being off limits to those with a Permit/License to Carry. If you are in a place not specifically mentioned in the law that is posted and they ask you to leave, you must leave. If you refuse to leave then you are breaking the law and can be charged. Even if the property is not posted and you are asked to leave you must leave. Always be aware of the possibility that responding Police Officers who may have been called without your knowledge and may not know the laws on trespass etc. could arrest you even if you are within the law.

Now, do verify that. I've seen discrepancies between what that site says and what my state law says (apparently, law changed and their summary became stale).
>>
Cover >then> return fire.

I don't let LAWS stand in the way of me saving my life.
>>
Carry a gun, the only time I don't have a gun is when I'm at work, or working out. Other than that I'm armed, fuck your gun laws. I have a pistol because the police don't do shit but wait outside for 3 hours.
>>
>>30283608
hide under a body and pretend you're dead.
>>
>>30283608

If i dont have a gun Id try to run away first. If i was cornered somewhere or had to hide id get something heavy and try to bash the fucker when he got close.

If I have a gun Id try to run away first. If I was cornered somewhere or had to hide Id get my gun out and shoot the fucker when he got close.

Its not my responsibility to hunt the shooter down
>>
>>30283608
If you can't escape and don't have a gun, wait behind a corner, inside a room, past a blind spot, etc. With a weapon like a knife, scissors, bottle, stool, anything.

If you have a gun, shoot back.

Of course, in the heat of the moment most of us would just panic and die
>>
File: This-New-England-Town.jpg (547 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
This-New-England-Town.jpg
547 KB, 1600x1200
>>30284556
we're hit and miss
generally we're not gun friendly but ive been surprised at how many gun supporters there are in this state. we're also open carry but im not doing it
>>
>>30283608

Pull my pistol out, laugh heartily, and then shoot myself in the head. I always carry a note in my wallet that says "I SHOT MYSELF, CYKA XAXA"
>>
>>30283608
Some things to consider, even if you are carrying:
-Missed shots could hit bystanders.
-The shooter will likely have you outgunned; in shooting rampages like the one in Orlando, the gunmen bring rifles, ample amounts of ammunition, and in some cases high capacity magazines. Obviously rifles are more powerful, hold more ammo, and are easier to control.
-The shooter may be wearing body armor, which hollow point rounds are less effective against.
-There may be more than one shooter, and you should assume there is. If this is the case, attacking one shooter may identify you as a threat to any accomplices.
-Drawing a weapon may cause other armed citizens or police to mistake you for an active shooter.

I think your best option would be to make your way to the nearest exit as quickly as possible. Trying to shoot an active shooter would be better left as a last-ditch option, if you were cornered, injured, or otherwise unable to escape.
>>
>>30286995
>Carry a gun, the only time I don't have a gun is when I'm at work, or working out. Other than that I'm armed, fuck your gun laws.

pfhahahaha
>I can't carry because I might get FIRED!
>I can't carry because GYM SHORTS

pfhahahahahahaa
>>
>>30284589
Do you want to be that one guy that gets killed?
That's why people don't rush.
>>
>>30283608
I always thought assembling a soviet charge from all sides would work just fine
>>
Escape.
If you cannot escape, fight.
That is all.
>>
>>30283625
>don't even think about rushing the shooter
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34023361
You're right, you shouldn't think about it, you should instinctively jump him. 3 American servicemen stopped a train shooter by doing that in France.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.