[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thompson vs ar-15
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: Campbell_Thompson.jpg (461 KB, 970x524) Image search: [Google]
Campbell_Thompson.jpg
461 KB, 970x524
The ar-15 is copping a lot of heat lately but is it actually any deadlier than a 90 year old tommy gun in a mass shooting situation or are lefties just retarded?
>>
>lefties just retarded

I think we've already established this
>>
>>30282564
>>30282576
Whilst a lot of the anti-gunners are stupid, I'd give some of them some slack, they just need educating really. For all they k ow AR-15's are deadly, military grade efficient killing machines that can't be utilised for anything but snatchinf birthdays. I kind of feel sorry for them.
I was like that once, before I frequented /k/, Forgotten Weapons, C&Rsenal and other interesting weapon channels.
Shame I'm a bong in a city, it'll make getting a rifle bloody hard.

A Thompson would definitely be classier....
>>
For arguments sake, if lefties are correct and guns are the problem, why weren't there massacres every week back when people had 100 round mags and full auto?
>>
>>30282591
You fool, their ignorance is our single greatest asset.
>>
>>30282630
Yeah but if they actually start getting curious about everything that's how you convert them.

Usually their ignorance is what makes them anti-gun anyway.
>>
>>30282564
the thompson is the ar-15 of the 50's. most american gun control up to this point was put in place because of people afraid of gangsters with tommy guns.
>>
>>30282615

There wasn't because they aren't correct. They're just riding the high of mass media sensationalism to avoid confronting the fact that America's problems with violence can't be solved in two election cycles.

Gun ownership is a symptom of a deeper issue rather than causal.
>>
Automatic rifles have existed for over a century. Their effectiveness has not particularly been increased in this time.
>>
>>30282564
.45 ACP = stoppin powah

.223 = made to kill gophers and wound people

Clearly tommy guns are deadlier. :^)
>>
>>30283273
Especially if you use super hand load bullets in the tommy gun.
>>
>>30283255
This is rather accurate.
There are a few differences I guess.
Back in the great war, and really before the advent of the submachine gun, fully automatic guns were mainly crew manned, mostly stationary guns.
Those wouldn't do so hot in a mass shooting, but once subs were introduced you started seeing almost no progress.
The most groundbreaking thing was basically making full auto's portable, and after that it was a question of "what size round are you shooting"
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Valentine%27s_Day_Massacre
I think they were more commonly used back in the day but it was mostly gangster shooting each other.
Much like today really.
>>
>leftists retarded
>hurr durr free healthcare is gommunism and my tax omg
>kets elect him because he is racist lol
>he also makes funni sounds like bing bong xd

Not just the leftist but usa as a whole retarded, k is prime example of that
>>
>>30283387
>helfcur ids freeXDDD
>he id bad mayne cuz he no like mexicens
>amerilards git reee
and into the trash it goes.
>>
>>30283405
Like how usa is going to go to trash with that clown as president
>>
>>30283417
>>>/leftypol/
>>
>>30283417
sure thing bub.

if 24 years of clinton bush and obama couldn't destroy a nation. 4-8 years of trump won't.

>>>/int/
>>>/out/
>>>/leddit/
>>
>>30283428
>bild a wal lol xd

>pol
>>
>>30283437
>don bild wel xf

>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>30282664
Wrong era, the 20's. A ban was even less enforceable then, now, it's maybe a different story.
>>
>>30283445
Nice troll hehe xd
>>
>>30283428
Yesterday an autist was raging because i dont support trump and when i asked him to tell me one plan trump has all he could do was blabber something about hillary on wall street and letters

Face it, trump supporters are just retard just like hillary supporters are too

Usa is the cradle of rabid liberalism, faggotry, transgenders, feminazis etc.

You are just retard fucks whogot lucky because retard germans started ww2 and helped you achieve the status you had because europe got destroyed

But now you are being shot up monthly, China is doing what it wants along with Russia, you were unable to solve the shit you started in ME and now you are gettin memed by a israel backed canditate who is looking to make his pocket deeper

Cucks desu
>>
>>30283455
sick bait men here's your (you) xD
>>
File: 555.jpg (184 KB, 802x780) Image search: [Google]
555.jpg
184 KB, 802x780
>>30283463
sure thing, bub. yesterday my coworker said he stubbed his toe.
>>
>>30283477
> Ignoring the fact that you black population chimps out on a regular basis.
>>
>>30283477
>american
>empire

Also 9/11 boston bombings the place where niggers chimped out detroit

Plenty of examples to bust your autistic picture
>>
>>30283477
Gee, I'm sure it's really difficult to find a picture of a riot in America these days.
>>
File: hhr.jpg (106 KB, 616x599) Image search: [Google]
hhr.jpg
106 KB, 616x599
>>30283508
>ignoring the fact that muslims chimp out on a regular basis
>>30283511
>autistic
>said the sperg on a rant over nothing
>>
>>30283525
>muslims chimp out
>never happened in my country
>happened like 2 times in europe
>happens monthly in usa
>also gang culture

Cucks gon be cucks doesnt matter if cucked by a nigger or an orange president t b h
>>
>>30283508
>>30283539

Black people rioting are a threat to no one but other black people, mon frere.

They loot other black-owned businesses, and beat up/kill other black people. It's just like how our murder rates are comparable to any other first-world country if you take out "black male kills another black male" incidents (like 80% of US murders).
>>
>>30283585
Yeah sure
>>
>>30282591
>military grade
one of the dumbest terms concerning weapons that i constantly hear, yeah dude had military grade training, he is as deadly as a PFC or a 2LT at fucking clearing barrel
>>
>>30282564
>unwieldy 20's trash tier subgun in a pistol round, precludes reliable use of JHPS, awkward reloads, only ever used to shoot up bars without much effect and for low casualty shootouts between police and gangs, then it sort of tagged along during WWII while rifles and carbines did the killing
>LOL GUISE IS THE AR ANY DEADLIER

Memelord pls leave place.
>>
>>30284159
>this

Rofl
>>
>>30282591
> Shame I'm a bong in a city

Come to the US man
>>
>>30283293
New Vegas handloader confirmed
>>
>>30282564
A Tommychopper using 30 round stick mags with the standard 10" barrel would be functionally identical to the AR-15 in the close quarters of an indoor shooting.
>Thompson 30 round mags easy to swap out
>short ten inch barrel makes it easy to maneuver in tight confines
It's heavier than an AR, but has similar round count and rate of fire, so it's functionally a wash.
>>
>>30285588
>rate of fire
Should have said semiauto for commercial versions.

For full auto, the Thompson is probably the worse of the two.
>>
Shot both. AR is better.
Thompsons are heavy, with heavy shit slamming around in the receiver. The controls of the Thompson look like something off of a tire re-treading tool or something. But to be fair to the Thompson it was pretty cool for the era, and really well made in the beginning.
>>
File: 1415633478243.jpg (17 KB, 423x615) Image search: [Google]
1415633478243.jpg
17 KB, 423x615
>>30282564
>are lefties just retarded?
How is this even a question?
>>
>>30282664
I'd say an m1 or m2 carbine with a 30 rnd mag was the ar15 of the 1950s
>>
>>30283513
>Blacks burning down their own ghettos, wrecking their infrastructure and local economy matters
Meh
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.