[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are Russian built aircaft so reliable?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: MiG-31_Firefox.jpg (48 KB, 445x327) Image search: [Google]
MiG-31_Firefox.jpg
48 KB, 445x327
http://www.defenseworld.net/news/16331/Vietnamese_Su_30_Fighter_Jet_Crashes_Into_The_Sea

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/mig-27-crashes-in-jodhpur-pilots-safe-1418384

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/06/09/asia/russia-grounds-sukhoi-27-jets/
>>
>>30273711
Whats that fancy word for a countrys relations with other countrys that give them weapons?
>>
>>30273711
>Mig31 firefox..
I remember this movie
>>
>>30273736
Client state.
>>
>>30273711
What was that thing with an SU30 or SU25 where the missile wouldn't detatch from pylon and blew up on the wing in syria
>>
>>30273785
>Client state
TY I wanted to know that word for a while.
>>
File: CkbgWZ7UYAAcfQL.jpg-large.jpg (95 KB, 1903x628) Image search: [Google]
CkbgWZ7UYAAcfQL.jpg-large.jpg
95 KB, 1903x628
russians surely have someone to look up to
>>
America= smallest lightest thing you can build for said mission
Russia=POWER THRUST for said mission
>>
>>30273736
profiliation
>>
>>30274218
>mexicangirlsayingwhynotboth.jpg

no but seriously weight and power have this relationship where if you make something lighter it goes faster for the same amount of power.
>>
>>30274218
nah it's more like russians make engines that last 1 third of the length of an equivalent american engine yet have 10-20% less thrust to weight.
>>
>>30273711
>Why are Russian built aircaft so reliable?

>Flankers ship with four spare engines, all six of which need two lifetime overhauls and have to be shipped to Russia to perform

>F-16 only needs one lifetime engine with one mid-life overhaul
>>
>>30273736
The
>please senpai don't fuck my shit up
Policy
>>
>>30276774
Not saying Russian engines are better, but your post is meaningless.

Number of engines needed != usefulness of these engines.
>>
>>30273711
It's not the aircraft, it's the vodka. Seriously, look up degrees of injuries in serious crashes, comparing drunk people to sober people. Drunk people get hurt less severely. Unfortunately drunk people cause more in number, cause more in severity, and avoid less accidents too.
>>
>>30277951
OP claimed the planes were reliable. If you had to buy your car with three spare engines, and completely replace it every 20,000 miles and send the older one back to the factory to rebuild it for you would you really call it a "reliable" car?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.