[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is an every day carry with no safety smart or stupid*? Looking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 3235.jpg (41 KB, 475x360) Image search: [Google]
3235.jpg
41 KB, 475x360
Is an every day carry with no safety smart or stupid*? Looking at l9cs standard vs pro. i dont want to be bent over somehow or some weird situation and blow a hole in my ass**

>for me
>who is buying 1st CC weapon
>thus will have low exp for a little while

**is that even possible? if it is, my luck would find a way to make it happen.
>>
In short, it depends.

If you have a good holster that covers the trigger guard, you shouldn't have a problem.

Then again I have no idea how your normal day goes in terms movement
>>
I have a p11 and I don't think there's any way I could actuate the trigger with anything in my pants especially when holstered.
>>
>>30266363
This

I have an lcp and in a holster tsp totally fine. Even without having one you'd probably be good as long as nothing else is in the pocket.

If you are afraid of it carry for a week or whatever with it cocked and an empty chamber. See if it fires. It won't. It would take some doing to manipulate the trigger through your pants even without a holster. Properly holstered it would be practically impossible.
>>
A manual safety on a dedicated carry piece will get you killed when you need it most.

Learn to carry right, and carry right. Get a good holster and you will have no issues.
>>
>>30266449
>A manual safety on a dedicated carry piece will get you killed when you need it most.
You're a fucking moron.
>>
>>30266495
>safeties are never accidentally engaged
k
>>
>>30266515
No one here said that, and you're still an idiot.

Fuck off with your dogmatic bullshit you mall ninja cocksucker
>>
>>30266583
Show me on the doll where the glock touched you
>>
>>30266314
If you have a kydex holster there shouldn't be an issue.

An issue could arise however when you put the gun in your holster (known as getting glocklegged) or if it falls out and you pick it up off the ground. You have to be more careful without a safety, and no it's not a substitute for trigger discipline, it's a mechanism to keep the gun from firing when its not supposed to be fired, like when holstering. Your finger isn't the only thing that can make it fire, clothing, drawstrings, the corner of a holster, etc. I'd recommend getting a safety and learning to draw with your thumb pressing down on it, it's perfectly safe to fire like this while you move your thumb down for follow up shots.
>>
>>30266314
Why not something like a Kahr or P250? No thumb safety, but a long and slightly heavier trigger pull - a decent compromise imo.
>>
>>30266363
>normal day
sitting in a plane all day, getting in and out of small plane, climbing ladders, walking around, lifting stuff. quite a lot of moving.

>>30266627
>make the safety disengage part of the training
this is kind if what i was leaning towards. this also fits inline with my job/training, make it all one fluid motion by practicing a ton. but i dunno.
>>
>>30266794
so far ive just been going off what people i know have bought + 'top' type review lists, i routinely see

>m+p shield
>ruger lc9s/9s pro
>glock 43
>walther pps

plus i like the price point of the ruger, wont feel so guilty when i spend more $$ a full size later on. if the khar was the best of the bunch and the extra $$ was worth it, i wouldnt mind going for it tho.
>>
>>30266795
You should draw like that regardless. I even do it with my glock. Not only is it comfy, it covers for if you ever have to operate with a gun that has a safety, say someone tosses you one or something, you're carrying something you're not used to, etc.

The only thing I hate is how some guns put the safety too far back or on the slide (fucking beretta puts it upside down too) which fucks everything up.
>>
>>30266795
>Job/training

What do you do? One of the most popular retention holster types, the ALS, allows you to flip the safety off while pushing down the lever that releases the gun from the holster. It's somewhat conscious, but at this point I have to try NOT to do it. I guess it depends on which gun you have too, I have the FNS. I wish the safety lever was bigger though and had a more positive click.
>>
>>30267092
I'm a pilot. i was just meaning i'm safety oriented and train to never fuck up (but expect to fuck up and so do it the least-likely-to-result-in-negative-consequences way humanely possible)
>>
>>30267470
>i'm safety oriented and train to never fuck up (but expect to fuck up and so do it the least-likely-to-result-in-negative-consequences way humanely possible)
This is good. Just get something with a safety and familiarize yourself with it. Ignore the sheepdog fantasists who tell you it will get you KILLED IN DA STREETZ. Most of those idiots are more at risk of unintentionally shooting themselves or a bystander than being killed because they had to spend an extra fraction of a moment disengaging the safety of their handgun. They act as if people never effectively fought with pistols before safety-less striker handguns became ubiquitous a decade or so ago.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.