[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Family and Guns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58
File: 1463949943844.gif (247 KB, 488x275) Image search: [Google]
1463949943844.gif
247 KB, 488x275
How does your family react to you having guns?

Personally
>family used to not care
>after Orlando, several family members including my own mother said I'm a "terrorist sympathizer" for supporting the NRA
>dad is chimping out, and turned-in all his guns (which I bought him) to his local police station for destruction
>half my family is circlejerking on Occupy Democrats posts saying that "assault weapons" and all semi-automatic rifles should be banned
>try debating it, they block and remove me as a friend
>uncle said I'm never allowed at his house unless I get rid of my guns

How does your family react to gun ownership? Does it get worse around mass shootings and terrorist attacks?
>>
>>30260687
they don't know about them.
>>
>>30260687
We're your new family. You're safe with us, anon.

Fuck those shitsticks.
>>
File: 2OE2dZz.jpg (108 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
2OE2dZz.jpg
108 KB, 601x601
>>30260703
>new family
>implying I haven't seen you guys as my family since I was a lowly underageb& years ago
>>
>>30260687
My family is a bit unnerved that I own quite a few. But I make it clear that the only people I would be willing to shoot with them would be anyone threatening the family.
>>
>Get rich

>See how they will crawl back to you
>>
>>30260687
My old man just sent me a text with a picture of pmag piles and boxes of 556. "Come get your share, boy. Shit might dry up soon." The text said.

Profuns family is gud family.
>>
>>30260687
Tell them they are radical Islamic sympathizers and report them o suspicious of terroristic activities to your nearest police station or send off a tip to the FBI.

Fuck your family they should have their arms and legs broken and fed to fire ants alive for being psychopaths like that.

But no seriously though just accuse them of sympathizing the radical Islamic movement and report them of terroristic activities.
>>
That is shit. My family is so-so my father is all for them so are off of my uncles and both grand fathers. A lot of military in my family. My kid sister asked if I was a terrorist I told her no and she should come with me to shoot sometime she seems very excited. Her half ass wop of a father would be a bitch though.
>>
>>30260711
I told them I don't agree with their opinions, but I'd protect them if need be.

My auntie said "if you're willing to kill anybody at all, you're part of the problem."

30 minutes later she also said "Why couldn't have this happened at a Trump rally? At least he would've done something useful instead of killing innocents."

>>30260729
Worst part is my family is mainly ex-mil or LEO. So they think they're automatically experts on all things gun-related.
>>
>>30260687
My family bemoans the fact that they're so expensive, but I can't seem to get it through their heads that the 90s are dead and money isn't worth shit anymore.
>"You spent a grand? On a 308? I'd never spend that much on a rifle"
>"What about that Browning BAR?" (The hunting rifle, not the mil one)
Still haven't gotten a response out of him on that one. He also owns a Thompson center contender, a Benelli SBE II, some Benelli I can't remember the model of that was imported by HK...
>>
>>30260723
Lucky bastard, I'm glad you have people that care.

>>30260715
I'm working on it. I had to drop-out of high school because of medical issues, despite being on track to Cornell. I just finished my GED and I'm waiting on my SAT/ACT scores to come back. Once I get them back, I have a few essays/papers prepared for applying at colleges and universities. I planned to apply to Texas A&M for mechanical or petroleum\biochemical engineering.
>>
>>30260687
My mother absolutely hates it, calls me crazy on a regular basis. My father likes guns but is kind of a fudd. Doesn't like ARs etc.

Everyone in my extended family is vehemently antigun. no one has disowned me yet though.

>Does it get worse around mass shootings and terrorist attacks?
My aunt loves posting on facebook about this shit.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1334x750
>>30260687
>Brother is a liberal cuck faggot
>Hates using firearms but only when you go and kill poachers with it
>Mother hates firearms cuz her father (Age 44 at his time) was murdered with its own .357 magnum to the head when she was at the tender age of 15
>Cares about muh chilluns and upbringing, mix of old school and third wave feminist
>At least she respects my stance on firearms right
>Mother's Boyfriend is pacifist Christian
>Believes only the government should own firearms
>Rest of my family are either neutral or progun as fuck
>except for the younglings anda few aunts
>Grandpops always hated leftists and commies
>tfw my generation is becoming the very embodiment my grandpops fought and hated and wished to never happened to infect my family
>tfw he established a consevative/right winged libertarian military culture in my family
>mfw the military and right winged/conservative family culture grandpapi established died with him when he was murdered
>mfw I have to restablish it in order to stop the spread of this liberal cancer that's infecting my family
Help me /k/
>>
>tfw you convert your entire immediate family from center right normies to alt right militant trump supporters
>>
>>30260756
I know HK imported all the Benelli M-models. M1, M2, M3, and M4. They also imported some FABRAM shotguns as well.
>>
File: 1464223041994.gif (704 KB, 644x422) Image search: [Google]
1464223041994.gif
704 KB, 644x422
My dad just bought a PPS for my mom, who decided to join us in the CCW club. We're going shooting on father's day.
>>
File: 1447000098769.jpg (169 KB, 385x960) Image search: [Google]
1447000098769.jpg
169 KB, 385x960
>>30260787
Start attacking the commies in your family and pointing out how they are wrong.
>>
>>30260741
What's with liberals and wanting violence against the people they don't like?
>>
>>30260687
Dad is awesome pro gun, don't have anything crazy though as we poor and no land to shoot but w/e
Mom was/is imo crazy anti gun (cause shes basically against semi autos)
but it seems like she's one of the few that realized the orlando shooter was a licenced security guard who went through several screenings, i pointed out he could have easily gotten it job related, pointed out Wa naval yard was a pump gun, SHOULD have mentioned Ft Hood. I don't expect to completely turn her, but I'll keep reminding her they could just as easily have bombed/arsoned a place and "mass shootings" are extremely far down the list of how people are killed
>>
File: giphy[1].gif (2 MB, 424x251) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
2 MB, 424x251
>>30260687
>after Orlando, several family members including my own mother said I'm a "terrorist sympathizer" for supporting the NRA

There's no hope for her now, Travis. She's suffering. You know we've got to do it.
>>
>>30260824
It's called a joke, anon. Sometimes people tell shitty jokes so they can voice an unpopular opinion that they know they wouldn't follow through on.
>>
> Be college years
> Be building first AR in basement
> A2 HBAR
> Doing well so far, doesn't look like a rifle yet
> Dad comes down
> What's that?
> He'll probably be cool
> It's...It's a mostly not assembled A2 style AR15 with a 20" heavy barrel
> Huh. What did that cost?
> It cost about $700
> Hmm.
> Walks off
> Comes back with an envelope
> Gives it to me
> It's money
> "Build two. But make it a short one like they use now. Not this Vietnam shit. I did that once already."
>>
>>30260845
>constantly and repeatedly talk about wiping out tens of millions of people that slightly disagree with them

IT WAS JUST A JOKE, BRO!
>>
>>30260866
Yes anon, that other anon's mother is literally Hitler, and if she had a machine gun, she would murderize all the Trump supporters.
>>
>>30260762
>petroleum
Usually people climb out of sinking ships, not in
>>
>>30260687
the blood of the covenant runs thicker than the waters of the womb
>>
>>30260883
>it's OK, I only support mass genocide. I never pulled the trigger myself, I just cheer on the people that do.

Liberals are feeling very Islamic lately.
>>
File: le sad frog man.jpg (114 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
le sad frog man.jpg
114 KB, 1252x1252
>>30260851
>Tfw no based dad to build guns with and talk about killing charlie in the bush

My dad thinks what I like to do is interesting, but he doesn't share my enthusiasm for working on these machines
>>
>>30260916
This.

Except my dad was absentee for the most part, and is a pussy who thinks guns are just scary machines that make your ears ring when they go off. Asked me why I need guns. Literally need them for my career.
>>
File: 1463044711042.png (304 KB, 1024x1449) Image search: [Google]
1463044711042.png
304 KB, 1024x1449
>Family has been in the warzone and business of killing since Norman Invasion
>I was a Spc in the Army
>Father is a Special Forces Captain (and hates it because theyre trying to make him a Major)
>Grandfather was an Army Aviation Major
>Great Grandfather was Thompson wielding Sergeant in WWII
>Great Great Great Grandfather [spoiler]was slapping the french in the german Army [/spoiler] in WWI

And thats just whats off the top of my head. Almost every Male of the family has dipped their toe in the family business
>>
>>30260687
> Father
> Deceased FUDD

> Mother
> Leftist Democrat

> Brother
> Prohibited person

> Me
> 5 handguns
> 8 ARs
>>
>>30260687
>dad is pro gun as fuck and got me into firearms
>grandpa has probably about 70k worth of firearms at his house of all kinds, owns like 7 nuggets alone
>brother and I regularly go innawoods together with raifus
>smaller brother loves the single shot .22LR we have because loading it reminds him of a tank gun
>tfw the longest conversation I've held with my father was several hours of us planning to build my first AR

On the flip side
>mother is anti fun but respects my hobby more or less
>Abuelita absolutely hates firearms
>uncle despite owning several rifles sides with grandma on me owning guns, Major FUDD too
>cousins and their family are either liberal anti guns or COD fags who want to see my SKS sniper rifle and my AR that is totally the commando from black ops bro
>I've tried teaching them but unless there is a cop on hand their father doesn't let them near guns

Gotta take the good with the bad I suppose. At least I have memories of building baby's first AR with my pops and the SKS he handed down to me, plus the 4 generation old family .22
>>
Mother wouldn't allow me even a fucking air rifle. Turned 18, joined a shooting club and bought myself a .22 rifle & pistol.
Dad is cool about it, took him shooting. It's just not in his interest.
Brother sees no point in buying weapons :" You already have enough stuff for a small army- I'm going to use the back-up of your back-up."
( We live in the same house)
Huge parts of the family are leftist dumbfucks.
Blaaa weapons are only good for murderers etc.
Typical bullshit.
Have about 15 cousins. Most of the males are useless. The only ones which took interest are twin girls at the age of 14.
Their mother is totally against funs ( liberal teacher...) , but the two can keep their mouth shut and train them with .22s.

Nothing can replace male best friends/shooting buddies/ hunting buddies.
>>
>>30260912
>I take everything I read/hear at face value because I am autistic and know no other way
>>
>>30260687
>Mom finds out I have guns
>Is super anti-gun
>Freaks out at first
>Oh-ok, if that's your hobby anon
>Week later asks to come shooting

I think I have my stepdad to thank. He's much more politically centrist and didn't give a shit.
>>
File: 1432507154503.jpg (38 KB, 362x346) Image search: [Google]
1432507154503.jpg
38 KB, 362x346
>>30260687
Mom wanted a p226 threaded scorpion for her birthday. Bought her a rem 870 pump for mothers day. Old man wants me to find him an ar before the end of the month.
>>
You have to decide if your family or guns are more important. And guns are more important. I am in no way kidding.
>>
>>30261245
Why not just keep guns and not tell your family if they're faggots about it?
>>
They don't argue with me about my life. Last time they tried I didn't talk to them for 4 months. No returned calls or texts, no visits, nothing.
>>
Both my parents own guns and I own guns

So, they're pretty positive about it
>>
>>30260845
She wasn't joking. She even threatened to kill Trump supporters on her Twitter.

>>30261245
Given how they treated me off-and-on in the past, I just see this as the strawthat broke the camel's back. Back then, I didn't want to say anything since I was underageb& and lived with my entire family. Now that I'm on my own, I pretty much milked them for what I could one last time and left. Thanks to them, I have a free car and phone. They even gave me $10k to get started with an apartment, clothes, find a job, etc. I lived like a frugal jew and have been spending that money on guns and car modifications.
>>
File: 534787903.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
534787903.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>Mom grew up with guns around the house and protected herself and her cousin from a race riot of chimps in the 70s with a 16 gauge single shot
>Accurate as fuck when actually shooting and was excited when I got into shooting during Boy Scouts
>Thinks anti-gun people are retards and dislikes mudslimes because of how their culture treats women(She was part of the 2nd-wave feminist movement)
>Grandpa is a major fudd, but still loves that I go shooting
>Has two safes full of hunting rifles, sporterized milsurps, and shotguns
>Chuckles whenever I mention ARs or any other "assault rifle"
>Grandma(when she was still alive) had an H&R .22 Revolver in her nightstand at all times and showed me where all the guns were in her house when I was 14
>Uncle is eager to show me his .300 Magnum rifle and go shooting with me
On the other side
>Dad is extremely liberal
>Voting for fucking Hilary Clinton this year
>Used to think all gun owners were rednecks and psychopaths till I got my first gun
>My mom had to convince him to let me have a .22 when I began shooting
>Now he doesn't give a shit and told me "You could come home with a howitzer and I would not give a shit"
>He likes that I collect guns like he collects motorcycles and classic cars
>Tells me every time he goes to swap meets and flea markets about what guns and knives he sees there
Not sure about the rest of my family
>>
File: DSCN0050.jpg (1 MB, 2816x2112) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0050.jpg
1 MB, 2816x2112
>>30260687
>faimly dont care and even if I told dome of them who are not big on it thier not going ot freak out about it really
>>
>>30260687
>come home with AK i paid $420 for (not even joking)
>me and dad get into an argument
>hands flying
>faces getting punched

As i laid there on the floor, beaten and disrespected by my own father.

He crouched down and whispered into my ear; "keep your slav shit out of my all american gun safe"
>>
File: y1o4xLp.gif (3 MB, 441x300) Image search: [Google]
y1o4xLp.gif
3 MB, 441x300
>>30261398
kek
>>
>>30260687
this is the kind of family i have

I paid $50 for a chinese "mosin dragoon" with a fucking disgusting stock, bought some stains and sandpaper and was going to make it a purddy $50 whore.

>moving apartments
>take all my gun shit to my dads because that just seemed like a good idea at the time
>finish moving a week later
>go to retrieve my funs

>oh hey anon, i started cleaning up that old mosin and just couldn't stop
>it now looks like a beautiful pice of raw lumber from home depot ready to be stained and finished
>he seems me getting rather upset
>"oh shit i'm sorry it looked like surplus, i thought it would be cool...."

>"it is.... but it was my project.... i already let you re-finish my AK"

now i got to go buy another shitty gun ;_;
>>
>>30261437
Just be grateful and buy anudda one
>>
>dad is former county lead investigator
>owns 4 guns
>marlin .30-30
>remington 700
>Model 13-3
> a .45 ruger p series handgun

>He has never taken me or my other siblings shooting before
>But for my graduation gift I asked him to

Next week is the week my dudes

>mfw my older brother only asked for video game money when he graduated
>>
File: 1431232066817.png (240 KB, 320x409) Image search: [Google]
1431232066817.png
240 KB, 320x409
>>30260687
>going to do some shopping before the happening sets in
>mom and dad have a shotgun for protection, sister has a revolver for protection
>all of which I helped them buy and get into shooting but they dont do it a lot
>Orlando shooting happens, tell dad Im going to pick up some things
>"oh ok...can I come with you?"
pretty gud
>>
>>30260687
This happened to me after sandyhook. So its smooth sailing for me. Got rid of fb, and other social media, dont go to family functions. And have been with a country girl with an extremely pro gun family for 10 years now. Family is what you make it.
>>
My family has never had a problem with my guns being in the house, but that's probably because I don't own any guns.
>>
>>30260687
The more I read stuff like this, the more I think people are legitimately scared of me. I was hanging out with some outspoken anti-gun fags yesterday (they're my friends and it's my birthday, we had a get together) and only one of them said something about Orlando, and suggested harsher laws regulating the purchase of firearms. I told him that it wouldn't make much of a difference, as Omar bought his guns legally, was a US citizen, and had no criminal background, he'd have just waited a few more days to shoot up a club. I didn't think anything of it at the time, but he kind of drew up, paused, and said, "Well, maybe you're right anon," and changed the subject. A guy that posts a bunch of crazy, outspoken shit constantly, mind you. I've been thinking about it and I've noticed it's a trend. Most of my friends are hesitant to disagree with me, or even discuss politics or anything like that.

How common is the reaction in OP's post then? I'm not an angry guy, ex-mil, work in a bank now, own a healthy collection of guns, don't wear flag patches or moto shirts, don't broadcast that I carry. Do people commonly react the way OP's family did, or is it more of an exception? Because now I'm legitimately worried that my friends are scared of me, I don't want to be that guy. I like debating and calm, rational discourse, won't engage in mud slinging, buzzwords or sensationalist arguments.

Am I the "crazy disgruntled Iraqi war vet" /k/?
>>
>>30260907

Damn straight.
>>
File: image.jpg (157 KB, 800x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157 KB, 800x900
>Whole family loves guns
>Still thinks I'm a paranoid rightist, but tolerates it
>mfw
>>
>Dad
Conservative, swears by Fuddy-Five ACP, all but one of his guns has wood furniture. Only owns two self loaders, a ruger 10-22 and a Colt 1991a1 commander
>Mom
Left-Of-Center, doesn't see the need for semi-automatic weapons at all, but loves big bore revolvers
>Sister
Typical white liberal teen, hates shooting but loves taking self-esteem with guns for facebook
>>
>Dad: Indifferent, slightly positive since hunting gets me out into nature. If not for my mother, I might be able to get him into it one day.

>Mom: Literal hoplophobia. Wouldn't even touch the air rifle I bought and wasn't happy with me having even that in the house. She can't even put her fear really into words other than "it makes us less safe and it's dangerous".
It's really the textbook definition of a phobia.

Since I became a hunter and acquired an actual gun license (feels Euro, man) she absolutely wouldn't have my gun safe in the house, which I have to respect. Now that's at a fellow hunters', my guns are afew minutes away but I still have my own and I'll move out in the near future.
Could be better, but also a lot worse.
>>
>>30260845

All "liberals" I know will tell this same joke. Pretty much almost verbatim, the punchline is always the same about people they disagree with politically.

Same shitty joke, it's like they go to a conference just to memorize this joke and repeat it every time a political discussion comes up.
>>
>>30261138

When they keep saying this every damn time with every political discussion, that just seems to be way more than just a joke.
>>
>>30260844
This
>>
My dad used to hunt a lot before he met my mother.
he stopped a few years into his marriage with her.
for my 18th, i bought myself a wasr10 and took him shooting with me
less than a year later he asked me about ARs and the like
shortly after that he had me organize a list of parts and build one for him.

going shooting with him is the most i've interacted with him in my life. he was a busy man and spent 12+ hours a day working all my childhood.
my mom, sadly, is a mindless progressive with vehement support of hate-speech regulation and gun bans and Hillery. oh well, i still love her.
>>
File: InvaderZim-Gaz.jpg (36 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
InvaderZim-Gaz.jpg
36 KB, 640x480
>Dad liked guns, but never really "got" military-style firearms
>believed that the epitome of firearms shooting is a good bolt action .30-06, an M1 Garand, or a pump action .22 (when he was younger)
>was rather disturbed that growing up we were so "enamored" with military-style firearms

>a few years back finally save up the scratch to get an AK (WASR-10)
>he scoffs at the idea of his own son having a "commie gun"
>take him shooting
>his face

He loves it for how wonderful it shoots, but hates it for its origins. I need to get him an AR so he can MURICA to his heart's content.
>>
>>30261364
Your father is a faggot and you share his faggot genes. Kill him then yourself you subhuman
>>
>>30260687

Was the same and it's slow to turn over your family to guns and when shot like this happens it's even harder.

Least my wife agrees with me on guns and we will teach our kids. Anon your in good hands with us , because when all else fails were here.
>>
File: 1317383006940.jpg (73 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1317383006940.jpg
73 KB, 600x800
My brother is very pro gun, owns maybe 20 fewer than me. My dad owns a single shot 20 gauge that my brother and I got him for his birthday one year. Otherwise they probably don't see much need for them but they aren't against them as far as I'm aware. My dad will go to range gatherings with my friends and I but usually won't shoot. I'm sure they think I waste too much money.

As far as extended family, I don't talk to them enough to know. I've got a pro gun uncle but he just laughs and shakes his head after I tell him how much I paid for a gun (he always asks). He has a few, mainly hunts and has his carry permit. His brother is pro gun and pretty much a communist, I have much respect for his brother though.

I do have some anti's in the family but I only see them at funerals.
>>
>>30260687
> Try to talk with my old man about getting a .22LR to do some target shooting

> "I've never felt the need to have a gun in this house"
>>
File: WestClownadelphia-crop.png (37 KB, 1050x805) Image search: [Google]
WestClownadelphia-crop.png
37 KB, 1050x805
>>30261778
>M1 Garand
>not a military style firearm

Anon, pls.
>>
>>30261564

Most antis tends to hang out in an echo chamber. They just parrot what they read on FB, Tumblr and other anti-gun outlet. Bet that dude you talked to doesn't realized much of what you told him. Bet his go to arguments consists of more background check and banning stuff.
>>
>>30261840
He didn't argue with me is the point. Hardly anyone aside from my wife does, and she'll tell you that we don't have "fights" because when shit gets too heated I make us stop and come back later. I don't really care to rip apart some bullshit that antis come up with, but I like to debate. I think they're too scared to voice their opinions, and it bothers me a little.

And, no, he had no idea that Omar bought his gun completely legally from a gun store. The thought never occurred to him I'll bet.
>>
>>30260687
this is why I don't tell anyone or put stupid NRA bumper stickers on my car. there is 0 benefit to doing so and only negatives.

I don't need my house broken into and robbed or someone keying my car because of a bumper sticker. when people say guns are evil I just smile and nod but I will usually point out incorrect statistics and show it to their face with my phone if they press the issues. converts more people than talking about the morality or entitlements, anyways.
>>
>Dad: Cop and Air Force vet. Has a few guns, mostly Glocks b/c that's his duty weapon

>Mom: Has no guns, but likes shooting them and believes in the right to carry. Trying to convince her to get a license.

>Grandpa: Gave me my first gun (S&W 66-1). Has a double barrel shotgun and another revolver.

>Grandma: 2nd wave feminist who supports gun ownership

That's all of my family down here in Texas, the rest of my family is super pro gun. Great-grandpa has a two safes with a combined total of over 100 guns. ww2 vet, has shit ton of lever actions, semi autos, shotguns, and pistols. Builds his own ARs and owns 1 full-auto Thompson he brought back from Korea. Also has a Type 99 Arisaka. Lives in commiefornia, surprisingly.
>>
Haven't talked to them since i faked my death and left town and name behind

They probably would be like okey...
>>
>>30260824
That's just people, not just libs
>>
>>30260687
>Show dad my new SBR 5.56 upper with a diamond head dissi setup.
>Tells me to order him a diamond head fore arm for his AR and bill my mom for it.
Feels good bruh.
>>
>>30260904
This guy's an idiot, petrol engineering is the most lucrative engineering out there
>>
File: 1465393897794.jpg (48 KB, 372x374) Image search: [Google]
1465393897794.jpg
48 KB, 372x374
>>30261913
>bill my mom for it
TopKek
>>
My mom is pretty pro gun. Her husband isn't, since he's an aussie. My dad is sorta pro gun, he at least lets me keep my mauser at his house since i live on campus
>>
>>30261866
Same. God bless Texas.
>>
No one in my family cares one way or the other.
>>
>>30260726
You are the kind of people that feed the anti-gun movement
>>
At first they didn't like it, but now they're used to it.
>>
>>30260726

Yeah, because if there's a psychopath in this situation it's certainly not you.
>>
Did you lose your fathers in orlando or something OP? what a bunch kf faggots.
>>
Both of my parents don't mind, and my mother wants me to teach her, so she can protect herself (she used to cite stories about how kids taught their parents to shoot and then their parents survived a home invasion or something), a bit more pro-fun. My father isn't into the idea of having guns personally, but does other security things (reinforced doors, better deadbolts, cameras/motion detectors, the sort) but towards me is generally supportive, as long as I practice proper storage. They primarily worry that I'll be lazy with my gun and then my future kid will accidentally off someone, due to me leaving legos out and about the house when I was a kid.

My extended family is pretty anti, but my immediate family is effectively estranged due to the extended family being a bunch of busybodies and nosy gossips.

>Both parents are Viet Nam war refugees
>>
Wife is a center-left liberal who mostly hates guns because she associates them with her father, and that's never good.

I don't know if she'll ever be okay with semi-auto mag-fed weapons like a Glock or an AR, but she openly wants to try trap and skeet shooting.

My current goal is to feed her pinterest walls of classy British ladies in hunting gear, buy some land in a few years, convert her to a fudd, and see where we can go from there.
>>
My entire family is pro gun. The ones who don't own aren't against.
Uncle buys unborn grandson bb gun for my cousins baby shower.
No, we are not white trash
>>
>>30260687
My family doesn't care I own guns.
My mom is probably the worst but her thing is she just doesn't like being around them. Releasing slides or letting bolts slam home get her nerves racked which is understandable because she. She was little my grandfather had an ND in the room with her. All that said she thinks law abiding citizens should have guns, even ar15s and such.
My grandpa is based. Yeah he had an ND 35 years ago but he became very safety conscious because of it.
Me and him went hog hunting last Christmas as my birthday/Christmas present, we packed our pistols and took turns carrying the 45-70 Marlin (I carried it when he didn't need it lol like a good grandson)
My grandmother keeps a loaded 357 on her because "those damn Mexicans" she lives in Arizona as you can tell.
My brothers and sisters aren't quite old enough to have opinions but none are anti gun so that's a win.
Overall i think I'm lucky.
>>
>>30260687
My family tells me to CC and buy more guns and ammo. I actually converted my parents into minor gun nuts a few years ago.
>>
File: 20160424_180348.jpg (241 KB, 800x581) Image search: [Google]
20160424_180348.jpg
241 KB, 800x581
>Mom super pro gun since Tata took her shooting with his .22 when she was young
>he takes me shooting at a young age with same .22
>I inherit it
>other side of family (all born in Scotland) seems some pro some not (mostly the women)
>Uncle on that side says he keeps one just for protection (good enough for me)
>Grandpa has visited ranges in the recent past supposedly
>tell dad and other uncle I shot since the subject of slide bite came up
>dad goes giddy fanboy mode
>tell him I'm going to car to grab a pair of shorts (wore cuordoroys and came straight from the range after work, balls were sweaty as fuck)
>asks to come look at what I shot for the day
>show him my Saiga 12 and BHP
>ecstatically fondles the BHP and admired the S12
>pull out my Makarov I CCW (as yet unknown that I CCW'd to family functions)
>makes no remark of it, and finger fucks it with a glow in his eye
>tells me he took his wife to rent funs at a range and she had none of it
>promised I'd take him with mine
>fighting fires in the forests up north

I know I worry too much, but I hope I get to keep my promise, he seemed bummed about not having a fun time shooting with his probably anti-fun wife.
sorry for the blog
>>
>>30262240
Others might not like the blog but I love hearing about pro gun family. It just gives me a warm fuzzy.
>>
File: 1461094017383.jpg (12 KB, 500x441) Image search: [Google]
1461094017383.jpg
12 KB, 500x441
>tfw my family is fine on guns but is complete fudd tier
>Only person in the family with guns is my stupid cancer ridden brother in law with a tiny bit of experience of the real world
>He's got a shitty bent .22lr rifle and an antique bolt action hunting rifle.
>He thinks i'm an idiot because he's 30 something and i'm just 18.
>mfw he tells me I couldn't handle 7.62x39R recoil "Cuz it would knock me on my ass"
>Whole family believes him because they don't know shit about anything, and just like being pretentious.
JUST FUDD MY SHIT UP.
>>
File: whiskey!.jpg (33 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
whiskey!.jpg
33 KB, 350x350
>>30260687
after orlando my mother told me she was happy I carried and wants me to bring her to the range now. I'm scared though because she is not exactly a model range buddy.
>>
>>30262396
Teach her safety, then teach her etiquette. She's scared for her life right now, she's probably not going to be ordering bulk AR lowers anytime soon. Show her how to operate safely, run through some reaction drills (if your range allows) and encourage her to begin carrying.

Don't look at it as a trip to the range, look at it for what it is; a potential for you to teach your mother something that may save her life. She'll probably quit going after a few times anyways when the shock and outrage has died down.
>>
File: comfy.gif (277 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
comfy.gif
277 KB, 320x240
>>30260707
>mfw my I'm an orphan, my last surviving grandparent died when I was 8, and my uncle died this September
>>
>>30260726
>fed to fire ants alive
Antman?
>>
>>30262382
But Anon, just because you can shoot a gun doesn't mean you aren't a dumbass. Just saying. You are 18. We've all been there. Relatively speaking, your self now is a dumbass compared to yourself later. When your brain is fully developed and you have more experience.

And they want to use their guns for something practical and fun. You are fantasizing about being an operator or something like a roof korean.

You could do that with a fudd gun. You'll probably just get your ass shot or beaten to death by a mob of niggers if you try and face them down on your own with ANY gun you can get.

You and a bunch of your good old boy Fudd family members with plain old deer rifles and Bair guns for dealing with big animals getting on you will wreck them.

STick with your folksy, down to earth family. Together you will own their patch of land if the world ends.
>>
>>30260726
I agree with you 100%
>>
File: 1460472897002.png (318 KB, 478x358) Image search: [Google]
1460472897002.png
318 KB, 478x358
>>30262511
I don't think i'm an operator and never have. I'm a pessimist by nature and don't treat myself to such fantasy. What I mean is that I can't have a simple conversation about anything without getting pic related as a reaction from the inlaws and other members of the family when they are around.
>>
>>30262624
Don't be antman then you pretentious fucking retard
>>
>>30260982
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous.
>>
>>30261564
Those types tend to get all their information from sensationalist headlines and other types of disinformation. I've noticed vehement anti-gunners tend to shutdown when speaking to someone who a) knows what they're talking about and b) presents their facts in a calm and respectful manner. To sum it up, most people like that will only argue back if they're facing off with a literal fudd stereotype over the internet.
>>
>>30262646
What the fuck are you talking about retard? quit shilling antman you moron. Get your head checked.
>>
>>30260687
My mom was a crazy antigunner when I was a boy but years of living in New Hampshire have changed her. She and my dad both thought it was cool when I got my first gun.
>>
>>30260687
Your family is driven by emotion and they have such shit handle on it, they would throw you out.
If real shit ever went down, you can bet your ass they will dump you if it meant their survival.
Maintain contact with them, but don't give up your views and beliefs in order to repair the bridge.
Cause they, for their son, sure as hell doesn't sound like they would.
>>
>>30262827
Like I said before

Just report them for terroristic threats to the FBI and if that doesn't work then sneak in their home and break their arms and legs and dump jars full of fireants on them for double measures

Trust me this will work 100%
>>
File: 1459819654885.jpg (34 KB, 460x477) Image search: [Google]
1459819654885.jpg
34 KB, 460x477
>>30260687
Literally the same situation as mine.
>mom never brought up the issue
>orlando hits
>brings it up
>never really seen this opinion from me
>massive argument is brewing now
>she dropped it the minute she saw I had facts and logic around my ideals
>shit is getting tense around the house
>fear for my funs
>>
>mom doesn't like handling guns but is completely pro-gun and goes on a rant about gun control being useless whenever a mass shooting happens
>sister is paranoid, bipolar, borderline, insert anything from the DSM-IV
>we hate each other's guts and have since childhood
>I never make it a point to show her my arsenal but she saw a nugget and AR upper so I assumed she was fine
>leave out my CMP order form one day and sister goes batshit
>hide an audio recorder and leave
>tells mom she 'is calling the cops the second there is a gun in the house because she would fear for her safety'
>she is hysterical and almost in tears
>mom tries to calm her down and reason with her
>sister tries to argue I'm crazy for liking guns
>mom destroys her arguments and it devolves into a shitfit
>afterwards, mom tells me 'don't fuck up again'
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>30261383
>faimly dont care and even if I told dome of them who are not big on it thier not going ot freak out about it really
>>
parents allowed me to buy mine under the condition that i bought a gun safe
>>
>>30260687
damn OP your family sounds gay as fuck, i hope your making all that up. My family is from new york and even they are pro gun now.
>>
>>30260687
>Family removes you from their lifes because of a hobby
Holy shit lmao, fuck em. You are better off without em
>>
File: 1459647914524.jpg (123 KB, 600x739) Image search: [Google]
1459647914524.jpg
123 KB, 600x739
>purchase firearms
>but not a new house
I'm all for arming the poor, but tou seriously need to learn how to prioritize
>>
>This thread
Holy shit, how many of you faggots still live with your parents?
>>
>>30260687
It all depends on your family's political
>Have fairly conservative parents
>Never any guns in the house though
>Be 15yo me
>Get me some baby droppin Panther Arms airsoft AR-15
>Dad: "You don't need that, guns only hurt people."
>Super bummed, felt like my dad would really find it neat
>Fast forward 5 years
>Had been off to college 2 years before I purchased my first rifle
>Keep it kinda on the low key, only send message to mom
>Mom: "Oh boy, anon. Be careful!"
>Things are quiet for a while, have gone home and talked with parents many times, vaguely bringing up firearms occasionally.
>Before I know it I'm the family gun guy
>"Hey anon, family member has such gun that he doesn't want anymore, do you want to take it?"
>"Hey anon, there's a gun at the family's cabin that was there when we bought it, and we don't want it anymore, do you?" (Ends up being a Winchester model 12 shotgun)
>Each terrorist attack/mass shooting my mom has been making more and more pro-gun facebook posts
>Actually told me today in the wake of Orlando that she's happy i'm into guns

Dad is getting more pro gun too, I just think he takes extra caution with me having them because I'm his son. He's not nuts about shooting on a count of his bad eye sight. He keeps a metal pellet gun for geese though. Debating buying him a shotgun or a pistol just for gigs.
>>
>>30260907
Is this a fancy way of saying bros before hoes
>>
>>30260687
My family knows damn good and well I'm a proud gun nut. They know they'd never convince me to turn over a damn thing so they don't even try. Sounds like your family is full of retards though OP, hope shit improves or you find a waifu with a badass family to replace the garbage.

Occupy Democrats is the worst fucking page on facebook so far as I've seen. I thought "Being Liberal" was bad but holy shit OD puts them to shame with lunacy. It's even worse than mommies demand cock.
>>
>>30260687

Op you should totally give a homeless guy your moms spare key and $20, tell him she's got tons of pills and leave the house every day at 4:30am.
>quickest way to convert someone to pro gun is to make them need a gun
>>
I told my family I was getting a permit after Orlando, they were cool with it. My father did basic and understands the fun in shooting targets, but he kinda disapproves. My mother just told me I'm an adult now and it's my choice to do whatever, as long as it isn't illegal
>>
>>30260687
>dad is rabidly pro gun ex iron worker disabled fudd
>mom is the leading insurer of gun shows & historical reenactments in the country
>grandfather is NRA benifactor, gives them so much money they send him NRA logo luggage sets as 'gifts'
>uncle just last week drove out of state to buy another C mag "because he new something was going to happen"
>Orlando happens
>text/calls/messages all sayin g the same things "what should I buy before it's gone?"
It's nice to have a pro-gun family, once my LGS opens on Wednesday Me and my dad going to drop a few thousand on crisis buys before the panic really spreads.

>I live in CT
>must buy all the .22lr
>>
>>30262382
>7.62x39R
Is this something new? I haven't heard of it
>>
>>30263409
It's called 30/30 in English.
>>
Parents got divorced when I was 8 or so, lived with mom mostly. grew up on a few acres and mom would let all of us have bb guns and potato guns at a young age. Every day after school me and brothers would spend a couple hours farting around in the woods shooting shit with bb guns. first 22 at age 14 and first AK at 15. She isnt really against guns but doesnt like them personally. I cant even convince her to keep a simple revolver or shotgun tucked away in her home.

Dad never really liked guns at all. He's only been camping outside once in his life and when he goes fishing, its a charter where you just pick up a pole and reel it in while the mate does the rest.

younger brother was never really into guns. he had a few guns but probably never put more than a hundred rounds through any one. They're mine now because he lost his shit and went bat shit crazy for the better part of three months. no more guns for him.

older brother isnt anti gun but he's never fired a gun in his life, says he is afraid of them and why own one, when will you ever NEED it? not anti, but not pro.

Then there is me.
>>
>>30260687

My dad doesn't care
Mom doesn't like guns but is okay with me owning guns because I'm not crazy. Doesn't agree with cc or OC though
Brother gets the sporting aspect of guns (hunting, trap, etc) but doesn't get why "assault" weapons are for sale
Sister likes guns despite being a progressive liberal
Uncle owns several nfa items, progun as fuck
Grampa is a fudd so no assault weapons
Aunt is a quaker so she is morally opposed to owning weapons
>>
>>30262992
Similar situation with me, I have a brother with a learning disability so since they were extra concerned, my father offered to split the cost of the safe with me and help me secure it to the floor.
They also say I'm free to buy whatever is legal, but I always ask before I purchase because it's their house and I respect them.
>>
>Dad
Cali transplant
Too tough for guns my whole childhood
After recent happenings, church friends popped his gun cherry and he went all prepper, owns a 20 gauge and carries a Glock 43, his wife carries a M&P 9

>mom
>Quick! Grab the .22! I saw rabbits in my garden!

>stepdad
Goes durr hunnin, but only with his old college buddies. Maximum overfudd

>grandpa on moms side
Had me shoot his .357 mag when I was 9. Basically that cotton hill moment when he has Hank Jr shoot his revolver.

>sister
Says she'd like to go shooting sometime. Once got a bf of hers to shoot my FAL. Was hilarious because he's a wimpy city boy

>boyfriend
Whatever makes you happy. Doesn't really care. Need to get him out to the range at least once.
>>
>>30260687

My immediate family is bretty good about it but my extended family is extremely uncomfortable with it but they respect my feelings on the subject.
>>
>>30263480
Also forgot to mention. Mother always tells me to bring my spud gun to the cabin.
>>
>>30260687
We used to argue about it in the past, we pretty much agree to disagree and dont discuss it anymore
>>
>>30261437
kek
you get to do the fun bit at least you ingrate
>>
>>30263431

>in English

Kek
>>
My parents don't necessarily agree with my gun ownership and likely will never own one (I actually think my dad *shouldn't* own guns because he'd be irresponsible with them), but they aren't against it either because this is America.
>>
>>30260811
Just so you know, those stats vindicate the AWB.
>>
>>30263632
>sunsetted in 2004

>trend continued 2005-11

>other studies show the AWB had no impact on gun crime whatsoever

no it does not.
>>
File: 1414027767360.jpg (2 MB, 2549x3299) Image search: [Google]
1414027767360.jpg
2 MB, 2549x3299
>How does your family react to you having guns

The family members that do know about my guns either don't care or seem pretty positive about it.

Parents were both firearm owners in the past (most got sold off/given away around the time I was born though, which is a crying shame). Sister doesn't care for firearms, but doesn't see me or anyone else as a horrible menace for owning one.

Uncles and grandfather on dad's side were all island hicks who remember being able to pick up .22's at the local shop to kill varmint/cans/people's outdoor lighting with them, don't really mind me packing anything with more power.

Mums side of the family is on and off about it, but most are pretty cool with it due to her family having a huge history with sport shooting/hunting/enjoying guns in general. Grandmother on that side did sell off all of my grandfather's collection when he passed though (she didn't know what to do with them all, nobody on her side wanted them and my old man didn't have any room for it at the time. Again, crying shame).

So yeah, I'd say about 80% of them are positive with it, 19% couldn't care less one way or another, and 1% would despise me for it.
>>
My parents are fine with guns, used to own some.
My brothers like guns, one of them thinks its pointless to own one. But he's been to college and has become a super liberal so I disregard his opinions on 90% of any topic
>>
>>30263648
Your stats shouldn't include AWB years, period.
>>
>>30263666
Not an argument.
>>
>>30260687
>never allowed around family for having an opinion

Why do people do shit like this to family members? Are liberals really this insane that they'd excommunicate the most important thing, their blood, over their fucking ideology?

How awful
>>
>>30260687
Report the turned in/destroyed guns as stolen. You bought them. There is no receipt of gift transfer I assume. They are yours, effectively.
>>
>>30263679
Yep, good thing conservatives never do shit like this

Right?
>>
>>30260851
High-five for based fathers.
My old man has his demons, but it is painfully obvious where my absolute obsession with firearms and history comes from.
Last time I saw him, he was showing me all the hidey-holes in the house. Things like where certain calivers were hidden, where the hold-out guns where stowed, where the big, shiny toys were.
>>
>>30260945
What you do anon?
>>
My family understands what the 2nd amendment is for, some are iffy because they are unfamiliar with them physically.

Mom 42
>scared of guns because of her own clumsiness. Not "guns are evil" but "I'm not coordinated and might put a hole in the wall" fuck yeah 2nd amendment, defend us

Grandma 60
>fuck the gubbernment, buy tons of guns and ammo and store them, wants a pink lady revolver, she tried one out and really liked that it was light and easy trigger. Figure I'd get her one with some light loads for her old hands.

Gramps 65
>eh. They're needed but I'm not a gun nut

Aunt 1 28
>"better to have it and not need it than vice versa" had a 10/22 then traded it for a versa thunder

Aunt 2 28
>unknown

Uncle 1 30
>they're fun, I don't worry about SHTF

Uncle 2 (married in)40
>liberal, but surprised me buy buying a shotgun one day, I guess my talking worked! Was scared because he never went shooting, ended up loving it.

His wife 40
>ehhhh im still spooked not anti

Mid bro 13
>take me shooting PLEASE

Youngest bro 9
>loud noises scare me but damn am I good with a pellet gun
>>
File: No_facts.gif (997 KB, 382x407) Image search: [Google]
No_facts.gif
997 KB, 382x407
>>30260687
That is fucked up. I had my dad tell me I like gang banger nigger guns, because I have an AR15 and a glock, and I don't talk to him anymore because he told my wife that my guns where illegal.

Honestly though, since I got him out of my life, my life has improved 10 fold so it is good!
>>
File: suicide.jpg (26 KB, 498x321) Image search: [Google]
suicide.jpg
26 KB, 498x321
>Mom is a little scared of them but supports owning them
>Brother thinks they're cool
>Wife loves them
>Dad always loved guns but never owned them. By the time I was old enough to buy them he was too much of an alcoholic to ever want to go out and shoot, or do anything except drink
>>
>>30263939
Same, except wife, she's a girlfriend for now. My dad had some guns in a lock box. When he started getting super bad my mom sold them.
>>
>>30263923
>gang banger nigger

Tell him you would.
>>
>mother absolutely hates anything that resembles a gun
>dad is indifferent about them
>brother is LEO/mil that thinks only LEO/mil should have AR style rifles and I tell him to go fuck himself when he says that
>>
does anyone think that there is gonna be an increase of house break-ins because of the amount of people turning in there guns
>>
>>30261835
I mean MODERN military you cheeky cunt.

I'm not talking about a Sprinfield M1903 or a SMLE
>>
>>30260687

>parents are raging libtards

'Tis not good /k/ommrade.
>>
Feels good when my whole family is pro gun, and even if they don't know much always appreciate being shown or allowed to shoot cool new things.

There are a couple of those borderline anti gun but still has one old revolver in the closet midwestern religious socialist type anti-funs on the wifes side, but they aren't obnoxious about it. Just uninformed.

>>30264056

Crime statistics from other Western first world nations have demonstrated this is almost certain to be true.

>>30263993

Damn OneSlowGTP, you really get around with your jungle fever posting.
>>
>>30260687
Guns don't kill people. I kill people. With guns.
>>
>>30263066

>4chan

Really nigger?
>>
>mom
Degenerate alcoholic that I cut contact with. Don't care what she thinks
>dad
Who?
>aunt (as my guardian)
Was full on anti until my uncle got harassed on an evening walk and because pro fun. She passed away tho
>uncle
Was meh about funs until the harassing during his evening walk. Carries a glawk 19 on the daily
>wife
Meh. Whatever makes you happy
>>
>>30260687
>guns

Huh, yeah yeah yeah, put that in the safe. The bow? Nah, the bow can stay out. I'm pretty sure that no dindu gonna be able to run off with a bow and use it.

>shootings

Huh, another shooting spree.

Wait dad but there's something different about it!

It was at a gay bar.
>>
>>30264195
>because
Became. Fuckin phone
>>
>>30260687
>dad is dead, mom in assisted living community

the only thing my mom cares about is which housekeeper stole what from her when she's out getting drunk playing nickel slots or running over mailboxes.
>>
File: ss (2016-06-13 at 05.36.11).jpg (107 KB, 469x721) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-06-13 at 05.36.11).jpg
107 KB, 469x721
This is friend related, but am I retarded or is he just >implying so much shit that he just becomes a giant dick? Even gets some faggy friends of his to hop in.
1/3
>>
File: ss (2016-06-13 at 05.39.54).png (66 KB, 440x719) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-06-13 at 05.39.54).png
66 KB, 440x719
>>30264328
2/3
>>
>>30260687
Sorry about you having a shit family bro, I'm kind of in the same boat, most of my mom's side of the family are ultra liberal. Do what I did, forget about them, they have nothing to offer you couldn't get somewhere else, you don't need them in your life if all their going to do is make you feel bad over one of your favorite hobbies, and a constitutional right. Sorry for the rant.
>>
File: ss (2016-06-13 at 05.43.05).jpg (106 KB, 438x887) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-06-13 at 05.43.05).jpg
106 KB, 438x887
>>30264344
Granted I didn't type much, just didn't have it in me to argue with this douche
>>
My wife hates guns and I'm miserable, but I'm cucked in this relationship for my son. I'm not going to lose him and half my shit
>>
>>30261861
You were having a rational discussion. When they meme like that, it's a lot like your average /pol/tard shitposting about gassing the Jews, they do it when they are working themselves into a froth and playing to an audience that expects extremist shit.

If the liberal never gets any exposure to dissent, the frothy meme-ing can become actual belief/strongly held positions, but that's the danger on an echo chamber (and one of the reasons I make a point to check the news at sources I disagree with).
>>
>family member makes a blatantly anti-gun public post full of stupid
>call them out on it presenting facts with sources
I WAS ONLY JOKING ANON HAHA HEH... YOU BELIEVE ME RIGHT?
>>
My dad has a shotgun, my mom has a small pistol for self defense and my older brother owns an AR-15 and two pistols. I'm too poor to buy a gun but I want to someday. My family all lives in the south and pretty much every relative I have is a pro-gun conservative.
>>
>>30264360
>>30264344
>>30264328
Anyone got anything on this?
>>
>>30261398
Underrated post
>>
File: 1464415372283.jpg (35 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1464415372283.jpg
35 KB, 200x200
>>30260851
>Build two. But make it a short one like they use now. Not this Vietnam shit. I did that once already.
>>
>dad has so many guns he cant even remember where they all are in his room
>messages me on facebook when ever he gets a new one
>shows me when ever I'm over
>we both sperg out about them and echo chamber about how the ATF is fucking shit
>gave me my first gun this christmas
>bought an Anderson AM-15 from him in may

Feels good
>>
File: smile(dot)dad.png (8 KB, 402x402) Image search: [Google]
smile(dot)dad.png
8 KB, 402x402
>>30261936
>you're the wife's son
>>
>>30261868
Catfucker, have you returned to us?
>>
File: 1387145005743.jpg (253 KB, 3600x4000) Image search: [Google]
1387145005743.jpg
253 KB, 3600x4000
>family is definitively liberal-leaning
>I was too until my first year at college, ironically
>was told that my brother used to own a pump shotgun for HD but my mom made him sell it years ago
>go over to brother's house to mow his lawn for a bit of spending money
>he reveals his power level to me
>he has a .380 Ruger LCP in his glovebox, a full-size 9mm in his bedroom, and an AR in the laundry room
>mfw

he's married and has a kid too, surprised he got away with it without my mom knowing, she'd flip her shit if she knew
>>
>>30264697
Forgot mom's side
>was in ROTC
>still has some empty m60 belts she kept
>wanted to get her CCW permit
>Idaho just got constitutional carry
>top zoz
>>
>mfw wife is anti gun
>leftist but a ché persuasion
>buy AKs ARs etc
>at first she hated it, threats
>mfw ""cops shouldn't even have gun""
>she accepts the dick now, it's "American and normal".
>she understands 2A power paridigm
>>
>>30260851
Mobile so no green text

Tell dad I'm building an AR
We go shoot and he loves it
Builds his own
Come over a few weeks ago and now he built 3

Based
>>
>>30260687
I was going to say I don't believe this but then I remembered it's [current year] and people are chimping the fuck out over Orlando. That sucks.

>>30260700
This.

>>30260741
>My auntie said "if you're willing to kill anybody at all, you're part of the problem."

>30 minutes later she also said "Why couldn't have this happened at a Trump rally? At least he would've done something useful instead of killing innocents."

I'm sorry anon, your aunt is a shit person.
>>
>>30260687
My family is generally cool about it
>Twin brother likes guns as much as me, we always have pissing contests over our groupings whenever we hit the range
>Older brothers don't really have an opinion one way or the other, still think my guns are neat
>Father had a passing interest in guns at one point, settled for a shotgun and a glock to protect his family of six
>Mother doesn't like shooting, but is supportive of me because she doesn't have ass backwards ideas about firearms, she's just small.
>Dog doesn't like stuff flagging her or loud noises
>>
>>30264091
>you really get around with your jungle fever posting.

I try.
>>
My dad likes to think he's pro-gun, but his philosophy is "You have one rifle and one cheap pistol for self defense, why would you need any other guns?" Thus, I've never really had a large collection growing up.
>>
>>30260687
>Wife gets home last night.
>Immediately starts an argument about guns.
>Shooter was a good boy, dindu no jihad, he just hated gays.
>Therefore ban all the guns.
>We live in Australia so she pulls the massacre card.
>Inform her that the rate of massacres has not changed in the last 40 years.
>She tries to argue that half the massacres don't count because no guns were used.
>"So it's alright if I stab a bunch of children to death, so long as I don't shoot them?"
>"That's beside the point".
>"At least criminals can't get guns here".
>Kak myself laughing.
>Tell her about nightly gang shootings in Hellbourne, Shitney and Pissbane.
>"Well I won't stand for guns in my house!"
>Already have my license application in.
>She tried bluffing that she would leave.
>Call her on it.
>Looks like she'll have to learn to love Mr Enfield.
>>
>>30260762
good school, great major (s). godspeed.

>>30260729
that's good, anon. make sure she sees guns as /k/ does, not as the left does
>>
>>30260851
YEE
>>
>>30265176
Nice job anon. My GF used to be anti gun until she went with me to shoot my new at the time M70. After that she wanted her own rifle. I'm figuring AR-15 with just a LITTLE bit of baby blue to make her love it.
>>
File: 23634727245782378.gif (992 KB, 389x259) Image search: [Google]
23634727245782378.gif
992 KB, 389x259
>m-muh fuwckin LIBTARD FAGGOT family doesn't UNDERSTAYUND mah gun raghts! fuwckin OBAWMUH brainwashin muh famuhlee!
Ahahahaha fuck there's so few things more entertaining than watching you monkeys get pissed off about civilized human beings.
>>
>>30265307
Eh, my wife is full fucking cuck on shit like this, she'll never change, but I respect her right to that - I just ask that she respects my rights.
>>
Oddly, my mom was most concerned about whether or not the gun could be traced to me when I mentioned I had one. I'm touched by her concern even if it was from a misunderstanding of how guns are purchased but that's still an odd thing to focus on first.
>>
>>30260687

> Be me
>Work in nightclubs.
>Orlando happens
>Dad- "I know it is illegal but you should probably start carrying inside instead of keeping the gun in the car"
>Mom - "Just do what you have to in order to be safe"

Both my parents come from either military or LEO families. They aren't pro-gun but at the same time they aren't ant-gun... mainly in the sense that they think some laws are stupid while others need to be reinforced.
>>
My gf/potential waifu saw me browsing /k/ once (I'm a noguns fag until I get my gun license and buy an SKS, and even then I couldn't keep it in my apartment because it isn't safe so it would need to be kept at my mum's next to my stepdad's 30-30) and complained about "why do you like guns, you don't need a gun, that's so weird you could kill people etc etc".

I tried to explain but she wasn't having any of it and apparently I'm not allowed either guns OR swords. Neither is her dad, I blame her mother.

Anyway, is taking he shooting with my stepdad and his 30-30 a good idea to get her more comfortable around guns? I want to make sure I can live the way I want to, with guns n shieet, before I propose to her in the future.
>>
>>30265466
>Not allowed
Just lay it down that she is not your parent.
You're an adult with self determination, she doesn't have to like guns or own guns, but that should not impact you.
>>
>>30264613
There's nothing to get. It's not at intellectually honest argument. One is a medically procedure, the other is a hardware purchase. The poster just want a giggle about the idea of guys getting things shoved up their asses.

This is leaving aside how the medical procedure is usually to address an irresponsible incident.
>>
>>30265569
Yeah, but I would rather have guns WITH her permission than risk her having a bitch-fit and throwing them out/turning them into the police for destruction to get back at me for something petty.
>>
entire family / girlfriend family are proguns
>first time I met my GF dad he asked if I carry
>talking to him over weekend about shooting
>his response "it's terrible, all you can do is arm yourself.... and not suck dick, to soon?"

my dad usually obssesses about my finances since i'm a mid 20's in massive ammounts of college debt with several maxxed out credit cards. Every time I purchase anything
>"Jeez you spent .75 cents to vacuum out your car at the car wash? use my shop vac"
>"Jeez you bought water on your way home from work? we have water here"
>total cheap jew with money

>recently bought a savage varmint rifle
>except him to flip shit cause i charged it on a credit card
>"hmm, you could of just bought an ar or ak for another $200"
>>
>>30265620
Yeah, but you should stop thinking you need permission.
If you stay in that mindset you're fucked.
>>
Most don't know about them. My wife is the only one that doesn't really like them and she wouldn't tell me to get rid of them. She deals because of how much they mean to me.
>>
>>30265785
>mid 20's in massive ammounts of college debt with several maxxed out credit cards
>But muh dad is a real shekel sniffer guys
>>
File: Chill Bath.jpg (39 KB, 604x403) Image search: [Google]
Chill Bath.jpg
39 KB, 604x403
>>30260687
>my brother is a chad who doesn't understand
>my father always supports me
>my mom actually likes guns a bit

And as for shootings, they don't blame guns but the shooter (which can be mentally ill or manipulated or raging mad).

So yeah, if you have a shitty antigun family, just tell them to fuck theirselves, that's what I did to my brother when we talked about guns.
>>
>>30260788
I also am familiar with this feeling.
>>
>supporting the NRA

nigga they only like guns because it makes them money.
>>
File: 1420176018950.gif (3 MB, 320x225) Image search: [Google]
1420176018950.gif
3 MB, 320x225
This is my story, shittalk all you want but i just wanna vent
> Be me
> Grew up extremely poor
> No father
> Extremely anti-gun mother, she made very very poor decisions, and almost got us killed several times, but godamn is she a good mother
> Always loved guns and cars, idk why.
> Turn 18 start my arsenal
> have 2 brothers, both anti gun
> my arsenal is much larger now
> Whenever my family comes to visit they say shit like
> "Buying guns is one of the dumbest possible ways to spend your money " and other shit along those lines
> mom always talks about how guns are bad and stupid
> brothers talk about how guns are stupid, waste of money, for pussies, etc.
> Be alone most my life. Never really jad much friends, id always mature a lot faster then my friends(started driving, got a job at a really young age, friends went the "millenial" paths)
Only family/friends is /k/, my cat, guns, and alcohol
> on top of all of that i live in CALIFORNIA
End my suffering /k/...
>>
>>30265850
as long as they protect my interests I don't care.
>>
>>30265866

if private sale is illegal in your state then yeah, guns are kind of a poor use of money if you're strapped for cash.

for me in ohio, i can usually sell my gun for exactly what i paid for it, if not more, so they're a pretty good investment all things considered.
>>
>>30265785
Fucking idiot. You'd think after maxing out one card you would have learned your lesson. And you really should t be buying bottled water at the gas station, you can get 24 for what they'll charge you for 6.
>>
>>30265850
This.

I hate that our only lobby is money grubbing assholes. Guess the same can be said for unions though.
>>
mom and dad both hated guns
got divorced
dad is super liberal hillary supporter
mom has slowly come around to the idea that guns are not as bad as they seemed and she waffles between being afraid of them because they can be dangerous and wanting to get one for her own protection
>>
>>30260687
Someone wouldn't really do that, would they?
Just go on the internet and tell lies?
>>
>>30261345
Car mods dont pay
t. Anon that used to dd a 476rwhp car.
>>
>>30265933
yea i did learn my lesson for awhile, being in debt doesnt particularly bother me, it sounds stupid but its just a fact of life for me now, its just another bill i have to pay, and once your used to having that bill you dont think much about it. Should I have went out and spent $300 on a gun on my close to maxxed out card? no probably not. on a side note i actually dont buy water at gas station, it'd probably actually be a powerade or something i was just throwing example out there
>>
>>30266045
>it's got electrolytes
Drink water.
>>
>>30260687
>Mom doesn't like the fact I spend money on them.

>Dad, was infantry, is all sorts of jelly because mom won't let him buy more and I generally buy a new one every few months.

>Rest of my immediate family is profun because we have military backgrounds.
>>
>>30265891
But they don't anon.
Look up the Hughes amendment.
>>
>>30266152
i drink 2-4 liters of water at work, when i leave i want some damn flavor
>>
File: 1464410051445.jpg (238 KB, 761x800) Image search: [Google]
1464410051445.jpg
238 KB, 761x800
>>30260687
My family is kind of odd. All die-hard conservatives, but mixed on guns. Mom wants a revolver, thinks guns are great. Dad supports gun rights but doesn't really like them personally. Nothing against that, just interesting.
Siblings either don't care or are somewhat impressed with my collection, and I only have 4.
>>
File: 1465519985127.jpg (144 KB, 572x303) Image search: [Google]
1465519985127.jpg
144 KB, 572x303
This thread is mildly related to a question I've been thinking over for a while.

I live alone in an apartment so no worries about angry mothers (although I'm sure she would be) but I have no idea what my landlord would think if she found a bunch of guns and ammo in my closet. I have no reason to suspect she's ever entered my apartment without asking a few days in advance, but theres always a chance.

I don't think buying a safe is an option since I don't have the room for it, am on the top floor of my building, and wouldn't be able to sneak it in on the off chance they do care. When I buy a house (hopefully with some land for shooting but >finding land that isn't cropland in Iowa) I want to put in some of those tacticool walls and such but I don't want to go knocking holes in walls that aren't mine.

What do? Chain them to a bedframe or something?
>>
>>30266266
idk about Iowa, but in MN, your landlord has no say whether you can have firearms in your unit, due to it being a constitutional right.

Look into those braid type locks that snake through the chamber, most are long enough to chain them to something else.
>>
>>30266266
I don't think it's legal for a landlord to enter a private residence without warning.

Also, this reminds me, I left my AR in the trunk.
>>
>>30266189
>added last minute by a nigger demoshit and didn't get a proper vote count

nice try you liberal cunt
>>
>>30266367
NRA endorses it you fucking cuck.

It was snuck through, subverting the process of legislature, and the NRA did nothing.
>>
>>30266305
Considering in Iowa "no guns allowed on premises" signs don't hold any legal weight, I'm sure it's fine. I'm only planning on staying here until my lease is up in a year or maybe one more after that depending on what kind of land it's looking like I'll be able to afford.

It's more of if they just flip out over it and won't let me resign the lease should I want to stay another year. I got damn lucky with this apartment since it's cheap and near stores but on the side of town that doesn't have transplanted Chicagoan refugees shooting at each other 2/3 times a week.

>>30266322
It's more if they just enter by accident desu. When I was getting my tour of the place they almost opened the door to an occupied apartment by mistake. Once or twice I've given them permission to enter for some maintenance work and just wouldn't want the guy to get too nosy or need to check the closet for some reason and see an AR just sitting there.
>>
>>30266409
They mostly likely won't care. Remember that you're in Iowa of all states. Just make sure you're not smoking pot in there all of the time.
>>
>>30265176
>>30265307
posts like these make me sick

I don't understand why men throw away or have to hide their hobbies, or sacrifice things they like just for a woman. I really just don't get it.
>>
>>30266442
>second post link talking about converting anti-funs
You are the problem with the gun community.
>>
>>30266432
>Remember that you're in Iowa of all states

I'm not sure if you're implying that's a good thing or a bad thing. It's becoming more and more liberal (we're projected to vote for Killary...) but the gun laws aren't as restrictive as in some neighboring states.Getting my ccw permit was easy as shit.

And I like my lung capacity too much to smoke anything, be it tobacco pot or dick.
>>
Dad just bought me a Kahr CW40.

Mom supports carrying but doesn't do it herself. Good excuse to buy handguns and say its for her. Try to get her to carry a revolver in her purse.

Grandma is a hard core super liberal who shot a hole in her water bed while drunk. Somewhat likes guns.

Grandpa hunts, dont get to hang out much. Luckily a fudd.
>>
>>30266466
And the other post about some guy "needing permission" from his gf about owning guns.

What the fuck?
>>
>>30266442
You do realize I said my GF WAS anti then went shooting and NOW WANTS A RIFLE right? Did you actually read it?
>>
>>30260723
>pmags
>not lancers

Have fun with those feed lips
>>
>>30260726
>HOOBIDY DOOBIDY
>>
>>30260687

liberal tolerance everybody
>>
>>30260687
They're from the South, so they're fine with my shotguns. But they're insanely afraid of rifles and pistols.
>>
>>30266393
>NRA endorses it you fucking cuck.
because FOPA as a whole does a fuckton of good things for gunowners.

there wasn't not much that could be done about the Hughes amendment now or then you stupid /pol/ fuck
>>
>>30260687
It's pretty much remained the same, nobody cares. If they didn't like it and didn't want me around, then good riddance.

gotta keep those squares out your circle.
just my 2 cents.
>>
>>30260687
You don't need them anyhow OP, sounds like they did you a favor by purging them selves out of your life. It's better this way.

And for my own family
>mom is on the fence about guns, but used to go shooting with my dad when they were still married
>mom asks me why I need an Ar
>cause it's fun and niggers are bad mom
>mom hates blacks, browns, and muslims so she accepts this argument as valid
>dad lives in hawaii
>loves guns and would browse /k/ if he didn't hate computers (he only recently figured out how to youtube on his new smart phone because I send him links to shooting videos)
>constantly tells me how my commiefornia gun/self defense laws are better than the island's
>wishes he murdered my cheating whore mother and lived closer to me so we could go shooting
>he also spray painted his new york arms 1911 black because his nice silver finish wasn't tacticool enough
>also used to set up ipsc styled shit to airshit on with me when I was a young lad
>grandpa hates niggers and thinks any gun that can make them go away is a good one
>grandma is an alzheimers ridden vegetable who also hated niggers before she turned into a ghoul

I suppose my family is alright

>pic related, one of my dad's favorite movies to watch with me as a child
>>
>>30260687
My girlfriend was afraid of my guns but because of my passion for guns, now gets annoyed at all the parroting and asked me what we could do to support gun rights. Jesus I love her crazy ass.

My parents used to be wary, not as I'm I'd do something, but they didn't want my coworkers knowing and freaking out.my mom calmed down and loves my guns now, decent shot with my 22 even though she can't fix her weird lean. My dad keeps debating gun control with me as if I give a shit though, which is why he thinks I only have two guns.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 500x450
>>30260687
I have been assimilating my family to guns since I was a boy of 15. At this point I am no longer harassed for having "big fucking killing assault guns" and life has been good.
>>
>>30266656
They could have kicked a stink about it and returned the bill to the house.
>>
>>30260687
Dad: owns some guns just because its more of an investment in his eyes, he does the ritual opening weekend deer hunt and thats mostly it. despite his "investment" collection.
Mom: Owns a shotgun because she decided she would like to turkey hunt.
My brother and i on the other hand.... its a bit of an arms race.....and im in the lead so far.
I come from a big hunting family on both sides though so its to be expected.
>>
>>30265362
>civilized human beings
>want to remove rights because of MUH CHILLUNS and MUH FEELINS
b8 taken but I don't care.
>>
>>30264613
Well, I knew it would be a bunch of liberal faggots with some dumb fucking idea especially after #smashthepatriarchy.
Get new friends, basically. I dropped kikebook because it gives every retard a soapbox to voice their dumb ideas from.
>>
>>30266237
daily reminder that dogs are joy elementals.
>>
File: 456946946976.jpg (23 KB, 400x196) Image search: [Google]
456946946976.jpg
23 KB, 400x196
>>30265176
>You married this woman.
>>
My brother loves guns just as much as I do. We go shooting together weekly. My mom was very resistant to the idea at first, but took us up on the open invitation to join one day. She had fun, but wasn't interested in doing it regularly. My dad has no interest in guns, but really enjoys helping when I work on my old revolver or watching when I hand load.
>>
>>30260687
Family of non shooters here. 17 y/o and ask Mom and Dad for rifle and constantly shot down. Finally based grandma buys me a Mosin back when they were still <100. That was 4 years and now there are 12 guns in the house and all but two are mine (bought little brother a .22 rifle and .38 S&W mod 10 and now he's the only one who shoots with me).

Dad asked me about buying a handgun for self defense a while back and I just instinctively told him Glock 19. Still waiting to see if he follows through on that.
>>
>>30266967
dogposting best posting.
>>
>>30260687

God damn your family is a bunch of overreacting sperglords. Reading that made my stomach hurt.

Completely write them off, give it a year, see how they act. They'll change their tune, at which point you can continue to ignore them. Not much can be worse than when your own child writes you off.
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 251x239) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 251x239
>>30260687
>half Family is old 70s flower children
>other half is wigger/rednecks
>cousins hate me cuz I'm the child of the hippy fags
>old hippies don't like me cuz I turned out a thug looking slavaboo
>all hate fags so I came come out
>bitch at me that my truck is old and say my supercharger is "sucking up all the earths ozone"

and to top it all off there fudds, like HARD FUDD. Built and AR and my father didn't even want to look at it.
>>
>>30261398
What a rascal
>>
>>30260687
My mom told me that no one needs an asalt weapon. I asked her what the difference between an asalt weaponand a regualr gun. She responded that truno wouldnt have said anything if omar was a white guy.
It hurts guys.
And all i have is a cheap mossberg
>>
> dad and brother are both very pro gun, though they are also very pro police, thin blue line and all that jazz, which isn't my cup of tea.
> sister is a super duper hippie/vegan/ self proclaimed SJW, but also really dislikes cops and the man, and says that guns are the only equalizer we have against them.
> Mom doesn't really give a shit either way, and thinks guns are silly "boy toys", but is a fucking crack shot. And can easily out shoot me with a .22
>>
>>30260687
A lot of my family is pretty right wing and are fine with guns. My mom is very liberal (as am I in most cases) but she doesn't flip her lid over one shooting. She kind of has her typical liberal fear of guns and wants nothing to do with them but she's able to deal with me having guns.
>>
I saw a guy come into scheels today and bought a marlin for all 3 of his kids. The oldest was like 9. It hurt that my dad doesnt do shouldnt things like this for my siblings or me.
>>
File: 0160613_204622.jpg (799 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
0160613_204622.jpg
799 KB, 2560x1440
>>30260687
Well, I got it related today for my birthday, so I'd say they like it pretty well.
>Nugget from Dad, cant believe he bought it because I was joking when I told him it's what I wanted
>Patches from Brother in Law, always had a common bond over vidya, especially MGS
>Flectarn jacket from Mom to replace my old one that I sadly had to retire last year from overuse
>Mag pouches from Wife, had shitty Army issued pouch before that sucked ass
Great birthday all in all.
>>
>>30267080
Your family sucks. Glad you turned out alright though.
>>
>Mom wants a carry piece, but won't get one b/c her hands are too weak to rack a slide (she has a very severe case of MS) and doesn't feel safe carrying a revolver, but is bretty pro-gun
>Dad is a Nam Vet, hates the AR platform with a burning passion and owns several fudd guns, but is genuinely interested in older Battle Rifles (Buying him an M1A this year)
>Bro and sis, both younger, indifferent about guns. They don't see them as anything more than a hobby
>Grandparents on both sides are fudd as fuck, only own 22s or pump shotguns, but don't care about me owning guns.
>Only surviving aunt and uncle, on dad's side, have mixed opinions. Aunt used to be a full-blown hippie and consistently votes Dem, but she loves me enough to even feign interest in my guns. Uncle served in the RAF during the Cold War, moved to Canada and then to here (TN) with my aunt. Hates Slavshit of any kind, and doesn't particularly like firearms, but won't discuss them with me because he thinks that mine and his opinions on the matter differ too much, and might lead to a falling out if discussed. Total bro-tier tho. Both are avid PC gamers, and they give me all their old shit when they get new stuff. Both full time workers with no kids, so they have a lot of money to throw around.
>>
>>30260687
My family is full fudd. Girlfriends family is full tacticool. I have a combination of fudd and tacticool weapons.
>>
>>30267308
>doesn't particularly like firearms
>won't discuss them with me; might lead to a falling out
That right there is bro tier, why cant more people adopt that mindset in general?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.