[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >be 18yo new fag >be unable to buy handgun for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 276x182) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 276x182
>be me
>be 18yo new fag
>be unable to buy handgun for self defense bc not 21 yet
>be mugged 4 times with increasing severity each time
>have an idea
>time to start packing a black powder revolver (army style)
So I have been thinking, I have been mugged several times but have had to retreat with my tail behind my legs each time because the knives I had on me where not enough to defend me against this dude who has a freaking ka-bar. So I had an idea. I'm pleanty familiar with old West shooting and have a pietta stainless steel bp revolver army style. I was able to buy it because the great democratic republic of maryland views anything black powder as a glorified bb gun. But this got me thinking. It is inevitable that I will get mugged again, but this time I want to be prepared. So what if I was to carry my pietta around with me every day. I always have a backpack and concealing an 8 inch revolver is not an issue. I have been able to get it out of my back pack fast. So my question to /k/ is what place do you think black powder serves in personal protection and home defense in modern day society? Can it be a good alternative to those who can't buy modern hand guns? What about loading only a powder charge for the first shot as a warning and have the rest be loaded with some good old case hardered lead balls? Also black powder hand gun thread.
>>
>>30260012
I would say that given most self defensive uses of firearms do not involve a shot being fired, it is better than no gun. I have black powder guns, an in-line and a Pietta 44cal revolver, and would be leary of trusting my life to either.

Also, get a 36cal or figure out a better method of carry. I used to carry in a fanny pack while cycling and even that was a little slow, taking about three seconds when using both hands.

That said, I would personally just buy a more modern pistol private party and be done with it.

No offense, I would also sit down and figure out why I was mugged four times in a short period of time, something that is statistically improbable without other risk factors.
>>
>>30260012
If you are getting mugged that frequently you need to stop being retarded. I've lived in Detroit for 28 years and never been mugged because I'm not stupid as fuck. The answer isn't to start carrying around a weapon, the answer is to not be a dumb as fuck child unaware of their surroundings.
>>
>>30260084
Sad to say it but this man is right. A person is the weapon, the gun is a tool.
>>
>>30260070
I got mugged because I get home from track meets late and have to walk/bike home in the dark. I defiantly agree that a modern pistol would be better but in maryland you can't legally buy or losses one till you are 21. Also you need a licence to conceled carry in maryland and they have a very low aproval rate. Black powder however circumvents this issue as they are not legally considered firearms and thus md concealed carry laws not apply.
>>
File: 4834133_d23d6c8186.jpg (102 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
4834133_d23d6c8186.jpg
102 KB, 500x375
>>30260012
Make sure to dress in period appropriate wear while you're out carrying. If the police ask why, mutter something about lousy time traveling kids and their stupid magic box.
>>
>>30260099
Agreed and I know exactly why, and trust me i know it's just a tool but it's better than nothing.
>>
>>30260106
Amen. Now confederate or union?
>>
>>30260134
Both. At the same time.
>>
>>30260143
America was ment to be red and blue at the same time. I can stich both together one on the left and right and carry a union navy on one side and a confederate army on the other.
>>
>>30260084
... or you could be aware that you're surrounded by niggers and put them down at every legal opportunity.

Selfish people, really. People are raped and killed by niggers you could have put down a year ago, but "not my job." You should be ashamed of yourselves. Innocent blood is on your hands.
>>
>>30260104
Read this, if you haven't:

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=27365

Also, get a car if you are travelling that much after dark in a high risk area.
>>
>>30260213
The fimunnky thing is that they white and hispaic. But I'm also hispanic.
>>
>>30260134
Confederate. Many more opportunities to defend yourself that way.
>>
>>30260012If you are being mugged repeatedly like the a gun is not your answer.

Something you do is marking you as a target. some ideas

Use different routes
Stick to well traveled and/or well lit ones if possible
Wear baggier clothes if you're a twig man to make you silhouette more intimidating and built looking - any attacker must think of possible hidden arms so this is a very important one
don't walk around with earphones in both ears, 1 or none and quiet enough that you can hear someone behind you
If you hear someone approaching from behind, cross the street immediately or pull to the side and let them pass with your eyes on them, if someone is closing the gap on you they either want to pass quickly or they are your attacker
lastly and tbqh the biggest one of you generation, keep phones ebooks etc in your goddamn bags and don't fuck with them, every time you play with it you lower your awareness and make yourself a mark
>>
Carrying a BP pistol in MD without a permit is illegal.
>>
>>30260571
THIS you might as well carry a real gun because either way you will get in trouble. It counts as a deadly weapon either way.
>>
File: Avenging Angels.jpg (347 KB, 800x579) Image search: [Google]
Avenging Angels.jpg
347 KB, 800x579
>>30260012
Get yourself an Avenging Angel.
>>
Depending on where you live you could get one legally.

In IN you just can't buy from an FFL, I can get a LTCH and buy a handgun as long as it's a private sale, or have a relative buy one for you.

Unless in your state it's illegal to own one under 21.
>>
>>30260303
Thank you for the imput. I am not too scrawny and am pretty strong so i dont look weak, the baggy pants is a good idea, and they will keep me warm after the races. as for the rout i will probably have to change it. I do not believe that a weapon is always the answer but it doesn't hurt. Although >>30260225 gave me a link and it would appear carrying one is illegal so i guess i will need another solution. Thank you
>>
>>30261907
yea sadly in Maryland It is illegal to posses or buy a handgun when under 21. also i just found out MD law prohibits concealed carry. Thanks anyway.
>>
>>30260012
It's only illegal to purchase from an FFL. A private sale requires no registration paperwork and as such has no age requirement.

I'm 19 and legally carry an M&P 9.
>>
Going out with friends is a better option.If they are armed.

>See thugs following you
>Nod to friends.
> Turn around.
>GIVUSS ALL YER STUFF
> Open Backpack.
> Pull out musket
> MEN VOLLEY FIRE
> FIRE BY RANK.
> Shot and smoke fills the air
> One of three thugs dead.
> CAVALRY CHARGE
> Run the bastards down.
>>
>>30263169
But what about carrying it? Doesn't maryland require a permit? I'm kinda a noob to gun ownership.
>>
File: Bowie.jpg (23 KB, 487x248) Image search: [Google]
Bowie.jpg
23 KB, 487x248
>>30260012
Buy a fucking bowie.
>>
>>30263669
>bring out da cannon I yell
>2 friends from the rear bring up a 12lbs cannon
>Aim! Fire!
>a deafening blast erupts from the cannon
>smoke clears
>through the smoke you see the 2 other thugs painted across the wall.
>>
>>30261782
not op but those look cool
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.