[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEET in Canada - cant own fire arms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 1455167057001.jpg (144 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
1455167057001.jpg
144 KB, 720x1080
I was interested in buying a soviet SKS but I dont have references due to not knowing enough people and have been given anti-depressants so I cant get the PAL license.

Now I'll never own a gun ever. This blows. Do any other Canadians know this feel?
>>
>>30256638

Nigger do you not have two immediate family members to put as a reference? Also a prescription does not mean you can't own a gun, your application will just take a bit longer to process. Stop being a defeatist bitch.
>>
>>30256638
Yes. Except the antidepressants part, I'd never resort to that.

>>30256724
My immediate family would not back me on something like this.
>>
>>30256638
references for what?
>>
>>30258247
>My immediate family would not back me on something like this.
Then maybe the system is working as intended. If you don't have two people in your life who at least slightly trust you it's time to unfuck your shit.
>>
>>30258304
Fuck you, fuck them, what you're saying is a ridiculous load of nonsense because my selfabsorbed scumbag father constantly nagged me to get into the whole driving thing even though it was completely ridiculous in my situation.

But I guess that's EXACTLY what you want, HUH? For me to be the next Olga Hepnarova? To look good for your holy gun related statistics? So clearly what you mean by a "system working as intended".

Nice fucking try, you deathravenous shit!
>>
>>30256638
Have some /k/omrades vouch for you.
>>
>>30258350
You're mad that your father made you get a driver's license?

You ungrateful shit. This is an 18+ website.
>>
>>30258350
I think you're more like the next Adam Lanza desu lad
>>
File: 1422918802122.jpg (76 KB, 288x467) Image search: [Google]
1422918802122.jpg
76 KB, 288x467
>>30258350
>So clearly what you mean by a "system working as intended".

Working as intended in the sense that people suffering psychological distress probably shouldn't be allowed to own guns. Nobody wants to see you hurt yourself or anyone else, regardless of the means.

>My immediate family would not back me on something like this.
>my selfabsorbed scumbag father constantly nagged me
>Now I'll never own a gun ever.

Honestly based upon what you've said, I don't blame them. Maybe your dad just wants you to get out of the house instead of being acting like a mopey preteen that just got dumped by their true love jr. high girlfriend?

Some kind of peer support is just exponentially more important to your well being than your ability to sit around in your basement with a gun, waiting to die. Get out of the fucking house, get a job, maybe go back to school, make some friends along the way, and maybe then if you feel like you want to buy a gun it should be no problem.
>>
>>30258304
>loners do not have a right to self defense
This is what your post sounds like
>>
>>30258517
No you mongoloid, that's exaclty how the system was intended to work
>>
>have been given anti-depressants

Stay away from guns you fucking weak bitch
>>
>>30258517

>loner

aka

>diagnosed mentally ill
>on medication
>own parents don't think it's safe for them to own a firearm
>>
>>30258517
>Canada
Yes, that is exactly what it sounds like.

OP can either buy an illegal gun, make some friends, or whine impotently on a cartoon forum. It's going to be the latter.
>>
>>30258247
Tell them you want a gun to get into shooting or hunting and make friends at the range or something.

>>30258529
Then it's a bad system and you are literally defending it.
What's next? Disabled people don't have the right to self defense?
>>
this thread is pure gold
>>
>>30258559

nice false equivalency
>>
>>30258540
Getting prescribed anti-depressants for lethargy means that I have to give up my right to self defense for the rest of my life? Fuck off.
>>
>>30258598
The right to self defense is non negotiable.
>>
>>30256638
Not in education, employment, and training?
Stop being a leech of society.
Be depressing all you want but live on your own.
Get your shit together.
Guns can wait.
>>
>>30258767
>The right to self defense is non negotiable.

Then go buy a gun illegally and live by your words instead of moaning about it you little bitch.
>>
>>30258698
>Getting prescribed anti-depressants for lethargy means that I have to give up my right to self defense for the rest of my life?

Yes because you're more likely to blast away your own pussy head away with your "right of self defense".

Not that I care about your fag life but it's not gun for statistics, just hang yourself
>>
>>30258517
Nigga, I don't have a single fucking friend and even I managed to get a gun really easy by just getting my parents as references, and one of them is mostly anti-gun.
If your own fucking parents aren't willing to say "yeah, my trust my son won't go on a fucking rampage" than there's something severely wrong with you.
>>
It sucks to suck OP. you should have not gave in to those drugs like some loser lmfao. Simple as that
>>
>>30258918
>>30258916
I'm not OP you fucking anti-gun faggots.
>>
>>30256638
You are saying you have no friends, family... or anyone you've known for 2 years? and on Anti-depressants.

Sorry to say man but you should probably put firearms a rung down on your to do list.

>>30258350
After reading this... I wouldn't even let you have a divers license.
>>
>>30258934
>I'm not OP you fucking anti-gun faggots.

So drop the sovereign citizen bullshit. This is Canada and the courts have never acknowledged firearm ownership as a right. If you want guns, you have to play their game.

This has nothing to do with self defense in any case. OP is just being a whiny bitch because mom and dad are worried about the fact that he's a depressed NEET, which frankly seems justified. Nevermind that if he's actually a NEET he's expecting to be allowed to do all of this shit on their property and on their dime, against their wishes.

Don't want mom and dad to fuck with your life? Get a job and move out. Don't like the fact that your psychological disability or criminal history make a PAL harder to get? Move out of the country or sack up and do what all the other felons do.
>>
>>30259049

And to clarify, I'm not advocating buying firearms illegally.

Just because you've been diagnosed with depression does not mean you're ineligible for a PAL. Go to the necessary steps of getting your life on track and don't give the government a reason to deny you your license. It's that simple.

People have had their applications denied, renewals postponed for review, and guns confiscated for far bigger headaches than depression and living under mom and dad's rules. People have also had their applications approved when they had situations like diagnosed mental illness, vindictive ex-partners, or minor run-ins with the law, albeit with dedication and patience.

There is simply no sympathy to be given for someone that's put no effort into actually owning a gun through legal channels when some of us have been fighting the good fight, writing letters and donating to legal funds for decades now.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.