[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wyoming General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 276x183
Any Wyoming /k/ommandos here? Might be moving from Texas to the Lovell area next year.
Looking for a gun friendly state where I can own land.
Is the Lovell area good for a /k/ommando who likes hunting in the mountains and long wilderness hikes with their raifu?
Also Wyoming thread I guess.
>>
>>30254495
Shithole terrible state that literally no one lives in (those who do are annoying and worthless) and the Wind (capital w is necessary) *never* stops blowing.

Visit the state for the national parks and places like Jackson's Hole, but don't live there.
>>
>>30254765
OP. What we have here is a faggot who imagined that he was being oppressed in Wyoming and moved down to Colorado.
This is a very common thing.

Lived in Wyoming 20 sum years. Everywhere sucks, Wyoming sucks less. The wind is awful and it's fucking cold. It's also pretty libertarian and gun friendly.
>>
>>30254495
>Any Wyoming /k/ommandos here?

I wish. I live in Commyrado and can't wait to move to the land of sanity once I retire.
>>
File: cropped_IMG_0437.jpg (48 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
cropped_IMG_0437.jpg
48 KB, 600x400
>>30254495
I don't know to much about Lovell, I'm never really need to go to that part of the state but I think it's in the desert wastland part of the state, Although it's near the Big Horn mts, which I hear are great I personally live in Star Valley, which if innawoods is your thing, no other place in the state compares. Don't listen to people who bitch about Wyoming, we have the best gun laws in the nation, maybe second only to Az and no state level income tax. Although you do have a good number of hardcore conservatives, Wyoming is one of the more libertarian learning states, although it still needs a lot of work. Expect winters to be cold anywhere in the state, and high winds in most places. Although here in SV there's not much wind compared to other places I've live in the state.
>>
>>30255307
From what I'm told, it's hot-ish summers and cold snowy winters, which is fine with me. How bad is the wind really?
>>
>>30255830
>wind

It's fucking bad. Windburn bad. Like sun burn - well you get the idea.

Lived in Rawlins, Wyoming for a year AMA
>>
>>30255983
How accessible is the wilderness as far as hunting/shooting goes? I'm used to everything being private land in TX and having to drive to BLM land if I didn't want to go to a range
>>
File: 1385332678336.jpg (37 KB, 343x284) Image search: [Google]
1385332678336.jpg
37 KB, 343x284
>>30255830
>>30255983
Rawlins is pretty bad, last time I was there, I had to angle myself so I wouldn't be blown over, and I'm 5'11" 190lb. Lovell is also pretty bad. For getting away from wind, live near some mts, like I live in a mt valley, so winds are no where near as bad as the rest of the state. But, for all the shit people talk about the wind, people get use to it really quick. OH, and we don't salt our roads when there's ice. We throw fucking dirt on icey roads, because fuck Utah and truckers.
>>
File: 1382928465946.jpg (51 KB, 500x467) Image search: [Google]
1382928465946.jpg
51 KB, 500x467
>>30256022
Gun ranges are not really a thing here. Most people go shoot on BLM land, which a good chuck of Wyoming land is BLM. Hunting is our number one sport, and you can open carry outdoors without really worrying about people flipping out. In fact, a few LEOs that I know told me they would almost be more likely to charge someone for wasting policy time for calling in someone open carrying. Although, that's provided you're not acting like a dumbass.
>>
>>30256051
So the wind sounds pretty shit. I'm not much bigger than you so I guess I'd need some heavy boots.
>>30256095
I like the sound of that. Looking for a place that I can get relatively cheap land, hike, shoot, and hunt in the wilderness ad not have to talk to anyone while doing it.
>>
>>30254880
yeah thx commiefornia
>>
>>30255830
look at suicide rates
>>
>>30256241
No thank yourselves for legalizing weed.
>>
>>30256241
No shit. Once the Northridge earthquake hit back in '94, the liberal CA rats started infesting my beloved state in droves. They are the cancer.
>>
>>30256278
I didn't vote for that liberal shit. More evidence my once beloved state has been fucked up beyond all repair.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.