[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the first pistol you guys purchased? I've never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: SPR-PB9151LP.jpg (71 KB, 1000x651) Image search: [Google]
SPR-PB9151LP.jpg
71 KB, 1000x651
What was the first pistol you guys purchased? I've never owned a gun and I'm looking for something to just take to range on the weekends for fun now. Pic related is the weapon I'd choose based on looks alone but it's a bit pricey. I'd probably be looking to spend no more than $500, is that too little? Would it be cheaper to go to a gun show instead of a store? I live in NY state :/
>>
>>30252202
glawk 9mm. Was pretty cheap back in the day.

450? at a big box store in early 2000s.
>>
>>30252202
I have a SA 1911 RO Champion, and I really like it. Not sure if I'd buy it again given the price, but I don't regret the purchase.
>>
Test
>>
>>30252268
what do you regret? just the price/cost?

the champion?
the ruger brand?
the 1911?
>>
Shield. It's my workhorse gun, can be pocket carried in shorts in the summertime, doesn't show scratches and is ridiculously thin. It's not fantastic to look at, but I wanted something practical to start out with, something I wouldn't have to worry about dinging up that I could put anywhere.
>>
>>30252278
It's just overpriced in my opinion, but it's been pretty damn reliable over the 1,500 or so rounds I've put through it so far so I really can't complain. There are far more functional handguns to be had for less, a SA 1911 isn't a good first.
>>
File: newgrip.jpg (676 KB, 979x734) Image search: [Google]
newgrip.jpg
676 KB, 979x734
at $500-600, you have glocks, 2022, beretta 92 and Px4's, CZ's, ruger SR9, M&P line.

look around for used guns as well. But more importantly, go to a range and rent some guns you're interested in out, shoot them, and see which you like in your hand.
>>
>>30252202
First one I bought was some janky broken ass 22 single action revolver for $40. come a long way since then and learned that you should not skimp on a gun because you will likely be spending much much more on ammo to shoot it over your lifetime. 500 is a good price range for a lot of good guns. going up to 600/650 really opens up a lot of options for you. Police trade in glocks can be had pretty cheap buying online. I picked one up at aim and it ended up being brand new never fired. they often include night sights as well.

In my experience, the gun show price is usually buds' online price plus ~$25. I'll buy locally whenever I can but also buy online and have it shipped to my kitchen table ffl dealer for a $10 transfer and free shooting time out on his backyard range.
>>
>>30252318
whoops dunno why i called it a ruger. My bad.
>>
>>30252307
my nigga
>>
File: 13e.jpg (750 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
13e.jpg
750 KB, 1600x1200
>>30252202
>first pistol
mine was a S&W 13-2

any medium frame 4" .357 like this or a Ruger Security Six is pretty much an ideal first revolver.
for 1911s on a budget there's RIA, Auto Ordnance, and Ruger.
>>
File: 1402207982915.jpg (470 KB, 2222x1695) Image search: [Google]
1402207982915.jpg
470 KB, 2222x1695
and then of course there's good old fashioned combloc
Makarov
Tokarev
Zastava
P64
CZ
>>
>>30252393
>suggesting a london female a heavy ass trigger pull.

They cant even rack slides or shoot revovlers in dbl action.
>>
>>30252412
get good fampai
>>
File: x1geb5.jpg (73 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
x1geb5.jpg
73 KB, 640x426
>>30252202
>What was the first pistol you guys purchased?

I was an infantry paratrooper in the 82nd Airborne. I lugged around an M9 / 92FS. I loved that weapon.
>>
>>30252444
thank you for your service
>>
I bought a police issue cz75 and an m&p for 550 when every department was switching calibers again. They came with night sights and holsters but the mags were garbage. Don't worry about the finish and once you get comfortable get some springs and a barrel to try doing your own work, if it doesn't work out get your smith to fix it and know to take a class. If you have the chance get someone to teach you to shoot pistols, it's easy to get good with bad habits.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.