[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/k/ the only gun I have to protect me twonight is a remington
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1.jpg (492 KB, 2782x1394) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
492 KB, 2782x1394
/k/ the only gun I have to protect me twonight is a remington 870 12ga with a 34" barrel.

My ammo of choice is target shot

Am I fucked if some mudslime decides to enrich my wife tonight? I need some tactical advice, please
>>
File: 12 gauge birdshot 10 feet.jpg (408 KB, 358x2715) Image search: [Google]
12 gauge birdshot 10 feet.jpg
408 KB, 358x2715
>>30252008
Not at indoor ranges, no.

You might order a shorter barrel and order some #1 lead shot loads, though.
>>
>>30252008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBWWqXVbAfA

Or you head to Walmart and get yourself some 00 buckshot.
>>
>>30252008
Get some #4 buck or greater and you should be fine.
>>
>>30252046
what is a good barrel length?

I am finding 18.5" online

This is the first time I have honestly thought about needing to use my gun to shoot something other then a cute little turkey
>>
>>30252110
That'll do fine. Bear in mind you still have to aim, even with a cylinder bore.

A pair of electronic earmuffs to be stored with your shottie would seem to be indicated as well.
>>
>>30252191
>would seem to be indicated as well.

What the fuck do you think the word "indicate" means?
>>
>>30252198
probably autocorrect
>>
>>30252008
You mean #4~8 shot. low brass, say upland or dove shells?

Unless you live in a very large house, at most indoor ranges the wadding itself can be lethal.

The shot column barely spreads from most chokes at those ranges (20 feet and in), and the resultant wound(s) are pretty damned nasty.

But as others have mentioned, you're better off by far with heavier shot.
>>
>>30252198
>>30252207
It's an old-fashioned passive-voice thing.

>>30252223
I'd always heard #1 shot was king. What's your recommendation?
>>
Go to WalMart, buy a box of slugs, a hacksaw and cut the barrel to 18" yourself. Then proceed to defend you, your wife and your house with one oz chunks of lead to an intruders face and chest.
>>
>>30252110
18.5" is the best choice for a shotgun without an NFA tax stamp. I'd suggest you pickup some buckshot. 00 works well but I'd rather have #4. That's 30 .24 cal pellets versus 00's 9 .33 cal pellets.
>>
>>30252233
Whatever you find delivers the best pattern, and whatever you can afford to shoot enough of to know it's performance..

Example-

The shitty old Mossberg I have prints a decent fist sized group with No4 shot at the longest interior distance in my house, and the local shops seem to always have No4 shot on sale.

That being said, my bedstand piece is a MkVI Webley...
>>
>>30252008
shit mate, don't think you'll survive the night. better hang yourself and your waifu now
>>
>>30252082
>not pouring wax in separately over a measured amount of shot that's already in place
for what purpose?
>>
>>30252304
>4 buck
fuck yeah

who needs 00 buck at less than 25 feet? #4B all the way
>>
Instead of ordering another barrel for $100+ just buy another damn shotgun already configured for HD for $200.

That way you get two guns and can leave the long one for the wife to hole up in the bedroom with.
>>
>>30252510
I like the way this guy thinks
>>
>>30252510
smart man. OP should get a Maverick 88 Security
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.