[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is $300 a good price for an IBA? Guy also wants $200 extra for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
Is $300 a good price for an IBA?

Guy also wants $200 extra for the armor piercing inserts
>>
>>30241124
That is such a piece of shit vest uncomfortablr and restricts movement. Do yourself a favor and just buy a plate carrier and some plates.
>>
>>30241124
no,IBA's are trash for what you are looking for (i assume) you would likely be better off with a PC

I have three IBA's and they suck for operatin, they are good if you have to stand in one place

also a IBA that old should cost like $100 at most.

saged because go google or ebay an iba
>>
>>30241124
For $400, you tread into NEW First Spear stuff.
>>
>>30241124
I'd pay $300 for an IBA with all the soft armor and add-ons. Paying $300 for just the shell is fucking madness.
>>
>>30241124
If you're buying it for ballistic protection it's worth about $75 for the whole thing. If you're a collector then $250 for the whole thing
>>
>>30241311
>>30241295
So I'm being swindled. Why is nothing ever easy? I just want some body armor for when the commies and nigs chimp out in November
>>
File: Interceptor - woodland.jpg (171 KB, 889x1000) Image search: [Google]
Interceptor - woodland.jpg
171 KB, 889x1000
>>30241124
>Is $300 a good price for an IBA?
I got two of them for 100 bucks each a few years ago on Ebay. The other came with throat and groin protectors as well.

Paid another 100 bucks for a pair of German surplus Lv4 double-curved plates.

>>30241154
>>30241175
Fuck off. The vest's fine.
>>
>>30241373
buy a banshee pc and some ar500 plates, bam brand new, sub $400 ballistic protection from rifles. Alternatively, there's a pretty popular website that sells soft armor in new, used, or refurbished condition for pretty affordable prices.

I'll help you with a bit of doctrine though: you main goal should always be not getting shot. When someone wearing plates gets shot in them, they still go down for a few because it sucks. If you're by yourself you can pretty much count on being rendered ineffective in a fight by taking a hit to the armor, even if it just causes a bruise.
>>
>>30241373
Go get an ar500 carrier that you like and the plates. It'll be the same price if not cheaper and offer better protection.
>>
>>30241404
What this guy said, and the least amount of weight you have the faster you can run to cover as well. Movement is important.
>>
>>30241383
Considering there are shittons of veterans on /k/ who had to wear that monster of a vest for extended periods who will all tell you it fucking sucks it might be worth taking their advice. Just get a plate carrier there's a reason the army phased that POS out
>>
File: 1342729582261.jpg (4 MB, 2914x1943) Image search: [Google]
1342729582261.jpg
4 MB, 2914x1943
IBA without neck and dick protectors are pretty much like plate carriers with soft armor. And without plates just a soft armor. Either way, it provides better protection against frag and smallarms than a mere PC.

I'd personally probably use the vest + neck cover, without the front throat and groin piece, if SHTF. Good 360 cover for the body, you can easily move your head around, and still got most of your neck covered in case evil commies mortar your flank.

>>30241422
>people seriously think they can outrun bullets
Life ain't a videogame. My vest weights some 10kg with the plates I have, and I barely notice it when wearing it. The key with any vest-like thing is to tighten them up as snug as possible.
>>
>>30241373
$200~ gets you a lot of solid plate carriers.
If you want to go lower on plates, steel will be cheaper.

Expect to pay $300~ on pair of ceramic plates.
>>
File: 1459012433317.jpg (2 MB, 2464x1632) Image search: [Google]
1459012433317.jpg
2 MB, 2464x1632
>>30241440
I've been to army myself, and out of experience, I can tell that EVERY generation always complains about their gear. "Waah, my webbing is shit! Baww my gun's heavy! Hurr why we gotta wear bodyarmor when dealing with explosives??"

I've seen people prefer IBA over IOTV. I've also worn something quite similar to both of those myself, and just found the thing comfy AND comforting. You can push that "at least I'll die comfortably" shit up your arse, I'd rather greatly increase my chances than die a pointless death caused by a random, tiny piece of bombshell that blew up few blocks away from me.
>>
>>30241383

Were the plates stand alone?

I see a lot of the German models like to use the ICW bullshit.
>>
>>30241404
>there's a pretty popular website that sells soft armor in new, used, or refurbished condition for pretty affordable prices

What's that, Anon?
>>
>>30241493
>Were the plates stand alone?
yes. demonstrated with a video of said things being shot with .308.
The weight did surprise me at first, but I'd say that just makes them more credible.
>>
>>30241444
>>30241486
outside of working with a group/militia/etc, wouldn't it just be smarter to stay out of the way and be on the move if you're just by yourself vs. an invading army, mob, or what have you?
>>
>>30241444
>My vest weights some 10kg with the plates I have, and I barely notice it when wearing it.
That's because you've never worn it for more than 20 minutes with a combat load plus 3 day pack.
>>
>>30241501
literally google "used soft armor" and fucking click the top link, should I come over and hold your hand while you shop too?
>>
>>30241486

So what do you like, senpai?
>>
>>30241506

What brand are they?

Are they 10x12 or SAPI cut?
>>
>>30241525
Okay fag, was it too fucking hard to type "bulletproofme?"
>>
>>30241518
Do you even know how modern warfare works?

Everything's being remotely monitored via UAVs, satellites, air-force, stationary surveillance systems, etc. If you are considered a potential threat, you're gunned down with indirect and/or direct fire. Ambushes and accidentally walking into enemy units also can happen.

So you're alone, and you're thrown into such shitstorm situation. You got huge chances of being wounded, potentially killed. At that point, your personal protection is your first and only form of defense.

Also, some of us may have nowhere to go, and want to defend our country. Wolverines and all that shit is a constantly looming possibility to me.
>>
I just payed $230 for a new Israeli-made one with all the extra bitz.
>>
>>30241559
show initiative, not your personality flaws
>>
File: 20160612_022958.jpg (403 KB, 1142x1227) Image search: [Google]
20160612_022958.jpg
403 KB, 1142x1227
>>30241542
Bristol Armour.
British provided plenty of armor systems to Germans before and after Cold War.

They're 10x12, which actually fits nicely into my M and L sized IBAs.
>>
>>30241592
...exactly. That's my point.
Against a military, why on earth would you put on full gear and go out to engage them, alone?
If you got a group together or organized something, I can understand that.

But alone, why shed the only big defense you have, being able to come off as a civilian and staying out of the way until you got something going with others?
>>
>>30241690
He said it himself, "Wolverines"

It's just the power fantasy of an impotent person with no real interests
>>
>>30241668

They look nice.

I've been looking for some square 10x12 steel plates myself.
>>
File: early 00s M16A2.jpg (3 MB, 4064x2704) Image search: [Google]
early 00s M16A2.jpg
3 MB, 4064x2704
>>30241690
>Against a military, why on earth would you put on full gear and go out to engage them, alone?
Who said I'd be alone?
Or what if I wouldn't have a choice?
What if I'm with a team or squad, and everyone else gets killed?
What if civvies mean jack shit to the attackers, or there's "accidental" bombings in my neighborhood?

But in the end, it all boils down to a single thing: I would not let some ruskie motherfuckers taint my land and think they run the show.

My situation might be a bit special, as I'm in the reserves, so if the SHTF, my first priority would be to regroup with my local forces.

>>30241732
>It's just the power fantasy of an impotent person with no real interests
Rather a never ending threat some of us have to live with every day, living next to a bloodthirsty shit-hole with tendencies of coming to knock other people's borders at least once a century.
>>
>>30241501
bulletproofme.com
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.