[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /k/. So long story short, my older brother was killed in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 12
File: image.jpg (643 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
643 KB, 3000x2000
Hello /k/. So long story short, my older brother was killed in Marjah back in 2010 and left a small gun collection behind at my family's house. For the last few years my mom has been urging me to get rid of them, due to memories and such, And I resisted a little for the first few years after he died but now I think it's the right time to sell them since I don't really shoot and my parents told me I can just keep the cash. I can post some pics later but what he had is basically a garand rifle, a Mosin, and a Mauser rifle along with a cz 9mm pistol.

My question to you, I've never ever sold guns before. What's the right way to go about it in your experience? Do you have better results with online auction sites or just peddling them to local stores? Thanks
>>
Don't sell your dead brother's guns, you faggot.
>>
Asking a bunch of guys who would never part with a gun how to sell guns.
>>
>>30230595
>not keeping
Fag
>>
>>30230595
Don't sell them holy shit OP have you no respect for the dead? That's on par with not burying enemies and looting their corpses. Disrespectful but common.
>>
>>30230595
>This is a troll thread

On the off chance I'm wrong you're a horrible fucking person for even considering selling them and you are pissing on their memory. Better off dead than living with you as family I guess.
>>
>>30230608
>>30230618
>>30230622

I understand how you guys feel, I and did fee the same for a while hence why I've waited until now. But I have plenty of other things that I keep for memories of my brother. I honesty think he would have wanted someone else to enjoy them rather than they just collect dust.
>>
File: 1465507398048.png (64 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1465507398048.png
64 KB, 200x200
>>30230595
>selling your dead brothers guns
what the FUCK is wrong with you
>>
File: 1448704533314.jpg (13 KB, 458x418) Image search: [Google]
1448704533314.jpg
13 KB, 458x418
>>30230595

Do as you wish really, keeping them only for them to rust is not better than selling them, but as other anons suggested, you should keep them, treasure them, and pass it to your kids as heirlooms of your dead brother.

Just my 2cents
>>
>>30230595
>For the last few years my mom has been urging me to get rid of them, due to memories and such,
Eh? Isn't that a reason to keep them? Why would objects reminding you of a person you cared about be a reason to ditch them?
>>
>>30230657
Shoot them then.. pass them onto your family members. Kids if you ever have any.. your brother lives on in ALL OF HIS ITEMS. NOT JUST WHAT BENEFITS YOU.
>>
>>30230595

Sand niggers got your brother, lol. How embarrassing.
>>
>>30230635
>on par with not burying enemies and looting their corpses
pretty sure most of /k/ is pro 'war trophies', based on earlier threads
and war trophies is basically looting
>>
File: OLAF-FUCK-ME.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
OLAF-FUCK-ME.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>30230595
Shame on you for even considering selling them.
>>
File: I cried all night.jpg (36 KB, 950x229) Image search: [Google]
I cried all night.jpg
36 KB, 950x229
>>30230595
Why on earth would you go through all that fuss?

Just burn them!
>>
It doesn't matter if you don't shoot them, what matters is that you CANT if you don't have them, and that once it's out of your control you can't get it back, nor can you keep this source of agency from disappearing entirely.

But maybe you came here looking for reassurance that there are people who value their guns too much to part with them for any reason, because you really don't want to do it. In that case, dont let anyone intimidate you into letting go.
>>
>>30230674
Truth.
>>
File: 1465200777978.jpg (75 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1465200777978.jpg
75 KB, 1280x720
>>30230657
Shoot them and take care of them in your brothers place you fucking faggot.
>>
>>30230595
>my older brother was killed
My condolences.

Details about his unit and time in service?

(I'm not asking about the incident)
>>
>>30230657
>I'd rather see someone else enjoy them
>I'm a faggot who would rather piss away the money on shit than enjoy a hobby that my brother loved
Fixed
>>
>>30230595
Ya don't. Ya don't sell your dead brother's guns.
>>
>>30230673
>>30230674
You guys should understand that my mom has always hated guns, did so long before my brother even deployed. You also have to understand that he was shot in Afghanistan. She hates war, guns, and anything that reminds her of it even if it belonged to him. She'd rather keep photos, clothing, uniforms and stuff like that. I'm sorry if I've offended sensibilities but that's just how it is.
>>
>>30230595
You can post them individually on armslist or whatever. I'd really suggest keeping a couple as mementos though. It's not like keeping them will hurt you.
>>
>>30230595
Wait until the pre-election panic.
>>
>>30230724
Well I hate your mother. Why do you let her control your belongings in your house? unless you still live with her.
>>
>>30230724
Why did you let your own mom become such a faggot anon?
>>
>>30230712
He was 3/6 Marines
>>
>>30230724
yeah tell her to fuck off. your hobbies define you as a person much more than what clothes you're forced to wear.
>>
>>30230751
>>30230759
>>30230780

I didn't know you guys would get so heated about this. If I kept the garand will you all still sleep at night?
>>
>>30230800
Yes, at least keep one.
>>
>>30230800
I can only sleep when you keep all of them.
>>
>>30230800
You should keep all of it and if you don't you're a faggot too. You should also learn to shoot and maintain them
>>
>>30230840
>>30230839
>>30230837

What if I told you I live in NYC
>>
>/k/ doesn't understand the difference between something being passed down the family and something being left behind by a sudden death
>OP even specifically said he doesn't really shoot guns and is looking for a way to find the guns a suitable home because he has other more personal items

Jesus I knew /k/ was retarded but damn this probably tops it.
>>
>>30230675
ah I have found the biggest fates faggot in this thread , stay mad fat homo
>>
>>30230856
then you're already a faggot so I guess none of this matters
>>
>>30230856
Well it's confirmed you're a faggot then.
>>
>>30230881
>>30230869

Thanks for the help guys
>>
>>30230889
Yeah you're looking for R(eddit)(.)(com) remove the half circles
>>
your brother died and now he is looking down on you in shame as you fap to trannys and sell his guns. absolutely pathetic. that dude god showed him that 9/11 was an inside job and you being his only blood, he expects you to avenge him when the time comes.
>>
>>30230595

I'd keep at least one of the rifles for yourself but yeah, caring for and maintaining 4 things you have pretty much zero interest in sucks.

My preferred method of getting rid of guns I don't like or want anymore is armslist or gunbroker which are similar to craigslist and ebay. Search and look at listings other people have put up for the same guns and set your price accordingly.

You'll need to go through an FFL for out of state buyers and any FFL/gunstore would be able to help you with that transfer.
>>
Hey OP, I'd probably buy the Garand. Send me an email and include pictures, I can help price everything too if you like.
>>
What state OP I'll buy them if wa state
>>
>>30230954

Thanks. Didn't know about the FFL thing, I'll read more into it.
>>
>>30230689
>triggered
>>
File: gunbroker.png (13 KB, 732x292) Image search: [Google]
gunbroker.png
13 KB, 732x292
>>30230972

Go to gunbroker and scroll down to the bottom. Read the guides for new sellers.
>>
What state?

ARIZONA
R
I
Z
O
N
A
>>
>>30230595
I'll buy them OP what state?
>>
>>30230595
what kind of guns? it's probably generic ar15s, a glock and a shotgun. sell that trash on armslist or whatever.
>>
>>30230968
>>30231014
>>30231019
He said he's from New York City.
>>
>>30231060

>didn't read the OP detected
>>
I would keep em. But I'm not you.
If you're sure you wanna sell, gun shows/ online auction sites would be best. Local shops need to make money off of what they buy from you, so they cant give you 100% of what they're worth.
>>
>>30231060
See my OP. Mostly older stuff, no black rifles, the Mauser is pre WW2 for sure. My brother was always into the old stuff. I remember him telling me he was going to try to buy an sks that he was gonna teach me how to shoot with when he got home.

>>30231002
Thanks I'll give it a read. Gonna browse those sites just to see the manner in which people are selling these types of guns.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 460x282) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 460x282
>>30231113
>>
anon part of your brother lives in what he left behind and what he loves, part of him lives with those guns that he touched. You don't need to sell them to get rid of them, rent a storage locker and put them in their.

before you think about how much of a hassle it would be to store them and rent the locker and everything, remember you're doing this for him, show some respect for what he left behind
>>
>>30231113
OP SERIOUSLY?
Your brother was going to teach you to shoot before he died and now you're going to sell his guns because mummy doesn't like them? You are a fucking disgrace.
>>
>>30231113
Fuck you, asshole.
>>
I'm starting to think this thread is a ruse.
>>
>>30231113

Happy to help, glad you're going to give these guns to people who will use them and enjoy them instead of turning them in to a police department for destruction. Sadly, that's what most non-gun owners who inherit guns do.
>>
Disregard this thread. Make your own decision OP. Not what your mom or /k/ wants you to do.
>>
>>30230595
At least keep the garand
>>
>>30231337
Who the fuck would ever do that?
I grew up in Texas so I guess I just can't process this train of thought.
>literally can't even
>>
Dude honestly I'd hold on to them. They will be worth alot of money soon
>>
Do not fucking sell them. If you absolutely have to, sell them to people who would appreciate them. Do not let them end up in a pawn shop. Fuck, if the cz is in good shape I'd buy it off you myself
>>
Post pics. Id maybe keep 1 just for sake of my brothers memory. Depending on what the Mauser is or what the condition of the Garand is.

My family doesn't give a shit about my milsurp collection so if I died I'd probably want 2 of my friends to get a couple rifles then sell the rest to someone who would appreciate them. Unless family members wanted my guns or something
>>
If you really want to sell, at least sell just the CZ right now, as all surplus guns are going up in price. To maximize profit, you sell during the height of the scare during election too.

No one in my family gives a shit about guns. If I die, they're instructed to sell at market price according to NRA value or bluebook value.
>>
>>30230595
Don't sell them now, especially that Garand. In a couple of decades these guns will be worth a lot more.
>>
>>30230595
You should move out.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 540x429) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 540x429
>>30230724
>She hates war, guns, and anything that reminds her of it even if it belonged to him.
>She'd rather keep photos, clothing, uniforms and stuff like that.

So she hates anything that reminds her of all that, but only if it's guns? You realize how stupid that is. Your brother's guns weren't used in the war at all. His uniform (or one like it) was. Same with any pictures while he was in. Sounds like that's just an excuse to make you get rid of the guns.

If you're dead set on this just take them to a pawn shop, tell them you want rid of them, and ask what they'll give you for them. They'll offer you pennies on the dollar, which you'll take, and them they'll sell them at a huge markup. You'll be rid of them and have a couple hundred bucks to by tampons or whatever.

Sorry about your brother OP. Sounds like he was a cool dude. Your mom sounds like a cunt. Probably why he enlisted.
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 543x799) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 543x799
>This whole thread
Alright OP, we all know you're a faggot cuck, who lives in a communist city of a communist state, that's full of pacifist hipster pinkos. Your very own brother got killed whom before promised he'll teach you shooting when he gets back, and you just walk all over his grave selling the weapons to someone else based on some liberal dipshit who doesn't know jack shit about firearms and our constitution. Your rifles aren't ARs and are completely legal in your city and state that carries less than 10 rounds. The same can be applied to the CZ. Do your dead kin a favor and learn to shoot and take care of his firearms as te rightful heir to arms. Don't be a dick, don't be a cuck, and don't be a faggot. Go under your brother's word and DO IT FOR HIM! Those firearms are his legacy of upmost value. The last thing you need is sell to some bubba who'll kill the poor thing with his frankenstein magic. Do yourself and all of us a favor, by keeping them and respecting your brother's legacy
>>
>>30232376
>Go under your brother's word and DO IT FOR HIM!
Because his brother will know, right?
>>
>>30231113
Yo, email me. I might buy some stuff if you're just gonna get rid of it anyways [email protected]
>>
100$ for the Mauser
I'll buy it right this second.
>>
>>30232496
Oh I forgot my email
[email protected]
>>
>>30231113
Could hold onto them and take a class. After being introduced to shooting could then make a decision to keep or part with them. Is nobody in your family (uncles/cousins/etc) into guns? Gotta be some loved one that could maintain & enjoy them
>>
>>30230657
The wrong brother died, I see. Your brother should be ashamed of you and the rest of your faggot family for even bring this up.
>>
>>30230595
Hold on to them. Learn to shoot, and maintain them. You'll enjoy shooting, but what matters more is that your brother's guns aren't in a pawn shop and are staying in the family.
>>
File: 1465302300689.jpg (51 KB, 245x204) Image search: [Google]
1465302300689.jpg
51 KB, 245x204
Jesus Christ guys he's not giving them to a faggot cop voluntary seizure or having them destroyed and it's nothing ridiculous like selling his great grandfather's revolver from ye olden frontier days.

Why are you all so salty about a bag full of guns passing hands from a guy who isn't using them to some other person who will?
>>
I only know how to buy guns. Why would anyone want to sell them?
>>
>>30230595

Was he in 1/6? What are his initials?
>>
>>30232567
>take a class
OP can't just sign up to take a class on how to stop being a soulless faggot. That ship has sailed.
>>
>>30232748

Because we all want to live Lords of War.
>>
>>30230595
If cash is the only motivation, I'd recommend you not sell them but ultimately it's your choice. Be honest with yourself and if you're selling them so you can afford another handle, eighth or speedball you will regret it someday even if you don't believe it now.

I assume you have other mementos and keepsakes to remember him by? But I suppose it's not really my business to tell you how to remember him so should you choose to sell them, sell them individually.
Do not sell them at a pawn shop or local gun store unless they will consign it.

Best case scenario would be to research and learn what you have exactly, who knows he may have had some oddball really rare thing. Figure out what they are and determine worth by looking them up and checking what similar offerings are going for locally and on gun broker or arms list. This will involve some patience and research but you will do best for yourself selling them individually this way. If you're having trouble try taking one into a gun store (cased and unloaded) and asking if they would mind showing you the basics of how to assess a surplus firearm. Just do a little research beforehand and don't let them blow smoke up your ass and rip you off.
The major things you'll be looking at are:
>original period correct parts, nothing is missing, it hasn't been modified from original condition aka sported/sporter/permanent scope mounts, furniture, matching serials on parts which are numbered, stampings and markings, stock cartouches, the condition of the metal and stock/how much finish or bluing remains/rust/dings/dents, the condition of the bore, the condition of the crown

>>30231113
Obviously I'm a little biased by my interests but if my brother passed I would want his rifle to remember him by even though he's not a big target shooter himself. I'd encourage you to learn how to shoot, safely, and give the sport a chance before you part with them. It sounds like it was a part of his life you never got to experience.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.