[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
French Foreign Legion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: legionuniforms-26[1].jpg (50 KB, 300x771) Image search: [Google]
legionuniforms-26[1].jpg
50 KB, 300x771
Childish pipe dream?

A life of adventure and camraderie?

Tell me your thoughts /k/
>>
Are you fit enough? are you capable of learning french? Do you want to live in the hell hole that is now France? k m8.
>>
Do they still kidnap people and force them to join?

Did they ever actually do that?

Growing up all I ever heard about the FFL was that they were that unit that shanghai'd people into joining by kidnapping and forcing them at gunpoint.
>>
France is a generation away from being an Islamic Republic, have fun mopping floors for 5 years so you can then live in a country run by sub-human kebabs for the rest of your life
>>
>>30227541
>mandatory 5 year enlistment after being selected
>Even worse pay than USMC
>Sent to every shitty ass hell whole imaginable (Currently Mali)
>Light Infantry all day every day

But atleast you have esprit de corps. FFL is no joke and barely an "adventurers life." It's shitty and extremely harsh. You cannot advance into NCO territory unless you gain citizenship. Those who do become LE though are apart of an extremely tightly knit group. Past and present LE members have a level of comraderie like no other.

Selection is extremely difficult. You must be in the utmost of shape and have discipline of the highest calibar. So much as a flinch from hearing a fellow trainee can be the difference in selection.

If you are looking for a rebirth on life, sure. Become a French Citizen. New name, new life, 5 years down the whole for France. If you're looking to become a soldier of fortune they are the prime target to go for, or 6 years US Light Infantry Unit experience.

If you want to join, prepair for shit life all day everyday. If that's something that gives you wet dreams and moring wood. Good luck.
>>
>>30228088
My parents are french and i was told the exact opposite. People come to FL to escape their past, lots of ex Nazi, SS troopers, Convicts, wanted criminals would go to join and the FL would give them a new identity on the condition that they give their life the Legion. Thats why they have such a strong esprit de corps. Thats what i was told anyway...
>>
>>30228195
>You cannot advance into NCO territory unless you gain citizenship.
Wrong. The restriction is for becoming an officer.
>>
>>30229044
>The restriction is for becoming an officer.

NCO = non-commissioned officer?
>>
>>30229044
Here's where you're wrong. You cannot progress beyond caporal-chef unless you're a citizen. Caporal and caporal-chef are considered junior enlisted.

At the same time, you can't become a sergent anyway until you've completed 6 years, by which you should have been granted the offer of citizenship (either by completing your first contract or by getting shot.)
>>
>>30227541
>40k/year minus taxes
>Mainly sent to shitholes such as Mali, Chad or DRC
>Fucking Djibouti is actually a paradise for r&r after couple years of fighting ooga booga with rusty AKs, in disease-ridden part of Africa
>>
I'll be heading to France later this year for it, wish me luck.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.