[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why shouldn't I get a hi point carbine in 9mm with some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8
File: hi_point__995TS_b.jpg (19 KB, 679x202) Image search: [Google]
hi_point__995TS_b.jpg
19 KB, 679x202
Why shouldn't I get a hi point carbine in 9mm with some red ball 20 rounders?
>>
> hello darkness my old friend
>>
>>30209403
You do you, baby.
>>
Whats the practical max distance of this?
>>
Because you can buy something else with that $200.
>>
File: 2016-06-08-13-46-26-864919467.jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-08-13-46-26-864919467.jpg
9 KB, 259x194
>>
File: sub907.jpg (63 KB, 786x431) Image search: [Google]
sub907.jpg
63 KB, 786x431
>>30209403
Because you could get a Kel-Tec Sub 2000 with almost the same look, much better quality plus it folds for about $100 more.
>>
>>30209494
>sub 2000
>300 bucks
Yeah no.
>>
>>30209403
Do it. I love my 995. Wish I had more chances to play with it...and I too want some redballs. 10 rounds sucks dick.
>>
>>30209494
>better quality
>The one time High Point actually made a good quality item
>>
File: slide-R.jpg (204 KB, 940x275) Image search: [Google]
slide-R.jpg
204 KB, 940x275
>>30209403
Depends, are you poor and have a limited budget?

Because then it's actually not a bad choice at all, 20+1 rounds of 9mm Luger with low recoil and decent reliability isn't that bad, Hi-Point's best stuff is by far their carbines.

That said, you can obviously get something much better for more money, you could find a used WASR-10/63 for below $500 if you're lucky (though make sure the WASR you're looking at has the optic mount on the receiver, the old shit ones didn't have that, it's a telltale sign)

>>30209432
Pistol caliber carbines and subguns typically range somewhere between 100yds to 200yds at the very longest, I'd say the Hi-Point could be good for around 150yds.

They work as light carbines.

>>30209444
Is there any 9mm rifle in that price range?
That isn't dogshit?
>>
File: hipoint4095-10.jpg (108 KB, 1071x492) Image search: [Google]
hipoint4095-10.jpg
108 KB, 1071x492
>>30209494
>Sub-2000
It's a neat product, but there's some problems:
1; have fun finding the thing
2; have fun finding it for below $500
3; have fun finding it in the caliber and magazine configuration you want

I really wish Kel-Tec would step up their game more, because they have some pretty good designs.

>>30209631
Honestly, Hi-Point's products are all pretty ok, considering that they're as good as they actually are for what you pay for, there's a reason that they're the king of the American budget market, every other pistol in the same price class as the Hi-Point is often worthless garbage.

I kind of miss when their carbines looked like pic related though, they're so ugly now.
Would RedBall mags fit in the old guns? Would they fit in the pistols?
>>
File: IMG_20160602_204747.jpg (160 KB, 1218x408) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160602_204747.jpg
160 KB, 1218x408
>>30209403
2016 is the year of the AR. I say this, because the prices are very low. Today is a great time to buy a used AR, or make a trade.

$400 in trade value got me this full rifle. Just the barrel on its own costs $300. The BCG is $200. $50 at least for a USGI carry handle. Not to mention the lower and all of the other parts required to assemble an AR.

Go on backpage, offer trades. Shit, even offer $300-400 for a used AR. There are plenty out there, and now that budget AR's go for ~$400, the hi-point has lots some of its value in my opinion.

At least in my city, you will be expected to pay $300-350 for a hipoint carbine. This is so close to what you'd pay for a used budged AR, the choice seems simple.

I won't lie, I'd like a hipoint carbine in 45, but to anons looking for a frist rifle.. it is a little silly to pay almost the same amount for a 9mm blowback, magnesium alloy single-stack meme gun, when the dollar goes a lot farther in the AR game.
>>
>>30210195
>budget market
that's a nice euphemism, anon
>>
File: hi-point-switcheroo.png (25 KB, 1041x333) Image search: [Google]
hi-point-switcheroo.png
25 KB, 1041x333
>>30211248
Hey, be it Paco, Jamal or Cletus, poor people need a gun too, that's the Second Amendment, and if you're poor, Hi-Point is about the best brand to look at.

Look at a Jimenez or a Bryco, striker assembly can't handle shit, so sometimes it'll even shatter and throw it's parts clean out of the gun at small round counts, even in the mouseguns, and their attempts at short-recoil pistols are nothing short of deplorable, no good cycling at all.
And looking at older shit like Raven Arms, or Jennings, not only were they shit in general, but the safeties could often be dangerous and set off the gun, and don't even get me started on Röhm revolvers.

Compare to a Hi-Point, which
>wont break
>will cycle
>can be had in real service calibers
>has good warranty
>shoots straight
>safety doesn't trip the sear

Sure, it's ugly, heavy, has the ergos of a brick, and is generally hard to conceal, but the fucking thing isn't a worthless deathtrap like similar items of it's priceclass, and shoots rounds with decent potency.
>>
>>30211397
Their carbines are actually OK for 9mm even compared to far more expensive guns. The one thing that sucks about them is the field stripping procedure, and even that is tolerable if you haven't been spoiled by AKs and bolt guns.
>>
>>30211508
The fact that their products are all OK for their low price is kind of what sells them, there's very little else that is OK for that cheap.
>>
>>30209403
I played around with one for a couple hours last year at the range.
Started talking with a guy and he wanted to try out my Ishaz AK so we swapped the rifles and a LOT of ammo, first time I ever met anyone who brought as much ammo as I do to the range but whatever.

I loved it for what it was. I could almost call it a tac driver at 75 yards but after 125 yards it was pretty sloppy. I put a couple hundred rounds through it with no problems. Recoil wasn't much more than a 22lr so you could stay on target easily mag dumping. It has a value in my opinion.

If you want a 9mm rifle like thing that never jams or malfunctions, the one I played with didn't, go for it OP. Just don't overpay bud.
>>
>>30214827
>....try out my Ishaz AK
Ishmaz Saiga AK-47
WTF hapened to my post Hiroshimamoot
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.