[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LODSA MONEY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
Heya /k/. My income just doubled and I live in a low cost of living area so I've now got 2k to blow a month. What kinda shit should I get first? I've only got a meh tier 1911, a bargain bin AK, and a Shield 9 at the moment.
>>
>>30205493
Save up at least 5 grand of that before you even consider buying something worth more than 750 bucks.
>>
>>30205493
Lever gun in 45-70 for classic American blasting, and build an AR-15 for modern American blasting.

Never allow yourself to fall into the ruts that are fudd-dom or tacticool faggotry. Embrace the whole world of shooting.

Oh, and score a 12ga of your choice somewhere, skeet shooting is hella fun.
>>
>>30205505
Smart

Also look at stuff from Fulton Armory.
>>
>>30205516
Any AR part brands I should avoid?
>>
>>30205579

I cannot tell you what to avoid, I can only tell you that I have had good luck with Rock River arms and Daniel Defense.

Either lurk here or do some googling, and you'll figure it out.

Oh, and for the 45-70, get an old marlin 1895 or a Winchester 1886. Both will serve you well. Do not be swayed by cheap henrys, rossis, or whatever flavor of the week trash is being sold now. They are not as well made as their poorfag fanboys would have you believe.
>>
>>30205493
Don't blow money on Funs.

Get a couple hundred thou and invest in a small business(Not your own idea but someone already successful but needs capitol to grow)
>>
>>30205736
200k at 2k a month is 100 months or a bit over 8 years. Fuck that.
>>
>>30205755
>>30205736
Eh. I guess I could satisfy my gunboner on 1k a month. But not this month or the next few.
>>
>>30205493

Weep in 6 months when you realize your lifestyle just inflated with your income.

Or if you really have the self control to manage your finances and don't wind up doing above - pick up a SCAR or a nice factory AR and some quality glass. A DDM4V5, a geissele SSA trigger, M300 light then a quality optic would set you up nicely. Comp M4S or Micro T2 for a red dot, ACOG TA31 or TA11 for fixed-power, or any one of the many variable 1-4x's on the market. I've got no reason to lie to you, senpai.
>>
File: 12345.png (832 KB, 956x958) Image search: [Google]
12345.png
832 KB, 956x958
>>30205493

1. Do you regularly put an appropriate amount of money into a 401k/other investments for your retirement?

2. Do you have an emergency fund equivalent to 3-6 months expenses?

If you answered no to either of these, you should consider them.
>>
File: AX50.jpg (108 KB, 2200x510) Image search: [Google]
AX50.jpg
108 KB, 2200x510
>>30205493
Buy this
>>
>>30205841
>Weep in 6 months when you realize your lifestyle just inflated with your income.
I'm used to a poorfag lifestyle. I don't mind ramen for dinner weeks in a row.

>>30205855
Kinda, and if I quit being a decadent fuck then I could last about 5 months with what I've got now.
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 575x401) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 575x401
>>30205493
Don't be a chooch and buy stuff that instantly looses value.
Look for things that suit your taste but are of a limited number, a great example is the Remington release of 1000 issued M24's. You can get one of these quality rifles with the matching .mil glass and deployment kit for $3400. Before the release by Remington you'd have to pay double for the same military marked rifle.
>pic related
>convinced my LGS to put similar on layaway till November
>>
>>30205949
>guns as investments

FUUUUUUUCK OFFFFFFF

Guns are for enjoyment. Buy what you want, not what appears to be an over priced R700.
>>
>>30206005
right now is a good time to invest in guns.

hilary:
> they get banned, driving value to near-infinite
trump
> he succeeds in starting a trade war america can't win. we lose commerce/rule of law. gun values go near-infinite

can't lose, really. invest in guns
>>
>>30205505
I was going to say 20gs myself.
>>
>>30206005
>poorfag detected
My 'overpriced remington' is hand refurbished in the Remington custom shop after being deployed in the line of duty... Totally a normal sps guys it should cost $700 come with a $1400 optic and the stock should wear off in your hand
>>
>>30205855
its 12 months now in this obama economy old timer.
>>
>>30206085
Guns always go up. Especially when there is a limited number. Look at the values of colt snake guns.
Just don't buy crap, buy quality guns and you'll be alright. persoanlly I'd keep an eye out for the unusual or naturally scare models.
The same goes for optics and accessories, go try to find a 12-42x56 NXS for less than $2000. Or a premier reticles 5-25x56 for less than $3500.
>not saying you'll make money, just that some things have intrinsic value that transcends the number of rounds it's fired of the few scratches on the tube
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.