[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Point shooting dual handguns.....im sorry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1459265857542.jpg (59 KB, 940x420) Image search: [Google]
1459265857542.jpg
59 KB, 940x420
In reality At what ranges would it be effective to dual wield 2 high cap pistols? Has this ever been applies to close quarters situations in real life?

I have a feeling there are people out there that have tested this and though ridiculed by other shooters have somehow made some progress in this bullshit
>>
>>30199661
applied*
>>
>>30199661
Well, there's the American old West. Though, 8 was high capacity back then. Still IIRC some shootists used two pistols, alternating shots, or guns once one ran dry.
>>
>>30199856
Pretty sure they just alternated guns. Single actions ruled the day and two hands makes maintaining a sight picture while cocking a lot easier.

Also fuck this thread is summer as hell.
>>
>>30199661
Pretty sure it was applied quite successfully at virgina tech
>>
>>30199661
PAYNE?
>>
>>30199949
Ive been here since I forgot my SomethingAwful pass back in 2007. Moot is a pedo and youre all children of a pedo that was banned from FYAD for pedo reasons.

so fuck off pedo
>>
>>30199661
The limiting factor when shooting modern pistols is not how fast you can pull the trigger but how fast your brain can process a sight picture. That is what you should be training.

A skilled shooter with one pistol, achieving a good sight picture, will put more actual lead downrange than you will with two guns, and his will actually hit the target unlike your shots which will mostly just endanger bystanders. This will hold true for literally any number of shots you would like to take. From 1 to infinity.
>>
>>30200017
unless you are NYPD, then 2 guns makes more sense since you have no concern for casualties and are a lousy shot
>>
You are misunderstanding my question. Im not talking about precision shooting. Im talking about point shooting in CLOSE QUARTERS

Think more shotgun and less competition shooting

Under ~10 yards
>>
My logic is that going around corners and maneuvering while still keeping 2 bores out and ready in the general directions of a attack is... handier than just committing to a single sidearm or long rifle. IN CLOSE QUARTERS
>>
You cover more of an areas angles because you have 2 bores instead of one IN CLOSE QUARTERS
>>
>>30200143

unless your eyes can focus in different directions, I'm not sure pointing a with your offhand is going to make a world of difference.

I get your point, double the firepower, but the loss of control will become more of a problem than it's worth.
>>
File: 1465064694386.jpg (25 KB, 419x436) Image search: [Google]
1465064694386.jpg
25 KB, 419x436
>>30199978

kek'd
>>
imagine rocking two of these badboys
>>
>>30200091
>Under ~10 yards

Then it just comes down to how well the shooter can handle the recoil.
>>
i tried dual wielding .40s for a few shots, i could hit the target at about 10yds, ill post link to an old video if you dont mind the autism
>>
>>30200091
I'm this guy -> >>30200017
I did not misunderstand you. Even at contact distance, two guns are worse than one.
>>
>>30199661
One handed firing around corners with high capacity "overkill for the situation with just one" and you're certain they don't jam on you when oil has seeped to one side and the gun is stone cold making the oil sludgy.

Train for it. One handed firing techniques. If they hit you though, while standing sideways they hit more organs than standing facing them.
>>
>>30200473
honestly, I feel unbalanced carrying one USP. I would hate to have to carry a fullsize Uzi on one side. Two Uzis on the other hand...

This was the old school secret service rig until the mp5 came along.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.