[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, I'm going to be traveling from PA to the Albany
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: 1461798476632.jpg (56 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1461798476632.jpg
56 KB, 640x640
Hey guys, I'm going to be traveling from PA to the Albany area of NY and was wondering what, if any, guns would be kosher (pun intended) to bring.

Also, while in NY, I'll be on private property and was wondering if I could carry concealed or otherwise while on the private property.

keep in mind Im NOT going to or traveling thru NYC.

What I have to chose from:
basically everything

What Im considering taking (if determined legal):

1) 357 S&W revolver with 8 round cylinder and 2 speedloaders

or

2) Glock 26 with 10 round mags.

and

3) a Remington 870, full stock but with a mag tube extension capable of holding 7 or 8 rounds. Mag tube can be shortened to original 5 round capacity

or

4) an AR, with all the scary features. I can easily aquire restricted capacity mags for this, and Id rather take this than the 870 but have a feeling i cant...

suggestions?
>>
>>30198688
Checked.

Sorta wanna take pic related to Applebee's for OC and dinner.
>>
>>30198747
thats very informative, thank you
>>
>>30198688
This post was kinda boring, do you have more pics of the girl with guns?
>>
>>30198779
Fine, take the 26 and at the very least two mags. Highly doubtful you'll need anything else for this journey.
>>
>>30198688
Taking handguns of any kind into NY is illegal. Only legal to have in a locked container in your trunk if you are traveling through the state and not making any stops for extended periods of time. I don't risk it when I go home to visit my parents in upstate NY but do you. Not like you can even legally use your handguns in self defense there anyway so not really much point imo.
>>
>>30198688
The 870 is the only thing you can legally bring. Doesn't seem worth the risk of going to federal pound me in the ass prison and losing your gun rights.
>>
>>30198802
>pistol is all you need

any travel more than an hour away from home i take a longarm. Dats the rule.

>G26

Im assuming its legal, then?

any sources I can research?
>>
>>30198829
"I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by six"
>Ice Cube
>my CCW instructor
>>
>>30198840
Kinda hard to conceal, no?
OP didn't say he was dear hunting.
>>
>>30198840
It's not legal. No out of state pistol permits issued. Your call OP but your best bet is to just avoid shitty areas and carry a knife.
>>
>>30198847
Yeah I hear you but Im not paranoid enough about getting murdered in an upscale suburb
>>
>>30198837
there's no handgun hunting in NY where old fudds bring large bore hand canons from out of state?

is the extended capacity on the remington allowed or do I have to neuter it?
>>
>>30198837
Federal prisons are actually nicer since most of them aren't run privately for profit.
>>
>>30198688

Who the fuck is going to know if you're shooting on private property. Travel with shit legal the whole there, shoot, return home and fuck NY state.
>>
>>30198874

so i cant even bring a pistol into the state, and leave it in a locked box legally unless im just traveling thru?

that doesnt seem correct, I know NY is a crazy state but there would have to be a way hunters and compitition shooters could legally bring their sidearms into the state
>>
>>30198889
I brought my KSG with me once. I would call the NY safe act hotline to make sure. Call me a cuckboi if you want but I play it safe. The KSG was fine btw because the individual tubes could only hold 7 rounds. Emperor Cuomo decided that 7 rounds is the magic number
>>
>>30198837
how about a ruger sp101 with a 5 round cylinder?
>>
>>30199201
No handguns. Not at all. Because New York is an awful place, and you deserve to die.

Fuck Democrats, fuck Liberals. I'd move to NYC tomorrow if their bullshit got flipped.
>>
>>30199210
>and you deserve to die

Jesus Christ, anon. He's just visiting a friend in the state.
>>
>>30198847
that's fine and all, but if you get pulled over ny is one of the states that disregards FOPA. drive the speed limit.

and as has been repeated, it's illegal to touch a handgun in ny without a ny handgun permit.
>>
>>30199389
Well, I didn't mean to say it, I meant that was the sentiment.

Shit, dude, right below it I said I'd move there tomorrow. I love New York, state and city, they're just fucked by politics. Same with Cali.
>>
>>30198928
>that doesnt seem correct, I know NY is a crazy state but there would have to be a way hunters and compitition shooters could legally bring their sidearms into the state

Nope. If you're over 21 you need a Pistol Permit to even hold a handgun. I mean that literally, if you don't have a PP you can't shoot your buddy's handgun at the range with him or pick up a display handgun in a store. The best part is permits are only issued to residents.

There are NO legal ways for non-residents to possess a handgun in NY state.
>>
>>30199389
>>30199406
i took it as the hk joke, "because you suck and we hate you"

so after reading ny hunting regs it looks like out of syate huntets cannot hunt with a handfun in ny, but compitition shooters
may travel to ny to compete so long as they're in and out within 48 hours
>>
how is it that NY, NJ, and MD border PA?

jesus christ youd think a little of our mentality would rub off
>>
>>30199522
Yeah, that's exactly how I meant it.

Fuck NY law is bullshit.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.