[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/k/'s opinion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: SIRmount.jpg (803 KB, 960x573) Image search: [Google]
SIRmount.jpg
803 KB, 960x573
What does /k/ think of this style mount ?

>inb4 "you just know that from cod"
>>
I don't see a mount. All I see is a bunch of heavy useless sections of railz.
>>
>>30191475
Oddly I like it
>>
seems really pointless
>>
>>30191475
what mount? are you referring to the arms rail?
>>
Yes sorry the rail system
>>
Bore sight radius does not allow for the use of general optics with ease

It also accomplishes nothing the the Knight M4 rails do already, less expensively, and allowing for greater ease of accessorizing.

And weighing a lot less
>>
>>30191475
CASV used to be the shit. People loved that rail system back when mlok and keymod weren't a thing.
>>
>>30191512
The one thing that a lot of supporters like to mention is how the top rail extends the full length of the weapon with no break up between barrel and receiver
>>
>>30191512
he nailed it but let me summarize a bit more succinctly
>heavy
>outdated- from the early 90s irrc
>height of optics is different than 'standard AR' optic height
>can be hard to find
>>
File: whelp.jpg (389 KB, 884x995) Image search: [Google]
whelp.jpg
389 KB, 884x995
>>30191475
I like the aesthetics of the piggyback freefloats and own a couple. VLTOR CAS-V M and Knight's Armament RAS II pictured.
>>
>>30191555
>height of optics is different than 'standard AR' optic height

They do all bring rail heights high enough up to utilize standard scope rings as opposed to having to purchase AR height rings which from a logistical standpoint back when these rails were being pitched to military and LE made sense.
>>
Op here
Forgive my ignorance but aren't the rails on my original post space further apart than say a KAC's. If so, does that allow for wider attachmen's to be placed adjacent without hitting each other or am I being totally retarded?
>>
>>30191597
totally retarded
they are spaced according to the standard specification
>>
Op may be on to something guis
>>
>>30191529
So like a generic monolithic. Except the mono is a about structural rigidity which is actually beneficial
>>
>>30191755
well the one thing a continuous top rail has going for it (really the only thing) is optic placement can be pretty much anywhere. i think that what anon above is trying to get at
>>
>>30191475
i first saw that rail on mw2 like a lot of people and i still like it op
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.