[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Innawoods Carry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: k summerfags.jpg (224 KB, 799x606) Image search: [Google]
k summerfags.jpg
224 KB, 799x606
I wasn't sure if this should be here or /out/, but /k/ is my home, and nobody here is going to argue about the "why" other than the occasional Britcuck or troll. Let's get down to brass tacks.

How do you carry while innawoods. I'm not talking hunting (Though I guess we can talk about that too?). I'm talking if you're hiking, camping, etc. considering things like packs with hip belts and the like.

Both discussion of open carry methods and conceal carry methods are welcome, but I'm most interested in open pistol carry, as the blessed Southeast is good to us and allows it.

Personally, I have been thinking about drop-leg to get below the hip belt, but that shit seems tryhard as fuck, and eliminates one of my most useful pockets.
>>
File: 5001.jpg (20 KB, 475x223) Image search: [Google]
5001.jpg
20 KB, 475x223
>>30186997
can't go wrong with a big ol' revolver in my opinion. good bear killer and fun to blow away targets with whilst innawoods
>>
>>30186997
https://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Products/tabid/762/CategoryID/1/ProductID/37/Default.aspx

plus

https://store.itstactical.com/its-holster-insert-gen-2.html
>>
>>30187007
Well... I guess talking about what you carry innawoods is also just dandy. I'd like to focus a lot on method of carry though.

>>30187010
First link is pretty interesting. Seems like it would be good for concealed carry, and also some quick access items like compass, maps, etc. I wonder if it would get in the way of an ILBE.
What's your second link about?
>>
>>30186997
I OC a .357 with the hottest loads it can handle. The holster snaps around the belt going over/around the hip belt pretty easily.
>>
>>30187034
>The holster snaps around the belt going over/around the hip belt pretty easily.
I have been considering this a bit. I thought about getting a relatively simple holster to affix to the hip belt somehow, and simply swap to an OWB when it's time to get the bag off.
>>
>>30187007
>can't go wrong with a big ol' revolver
heavy
limited capacity
doesn't present or point as naturally as an auto

>good bear killer
no, no they aren't. unless you're talking about black bear, which in that case, it's almost never necessary and you still don't need a big ass revolver.
>>
>>30187034
>I OC a .357 with the hottest loads it can handle
are you handgun hunting deer? why would you do this?
>>
>>30187021
the chest bag has wall of velcro on the back of the compartment closest to you. The holster sticks to it and not only orients you gun the same way every time, it also covers the trigger which I like. I is nice to not just have a loose gun on your chest.
>>
>>30187109
Oh shit. That's a pretty solid Idea, Anon. That way I would have more storage as well as a means to still open carry. Maybe even move it to a different H/L panel.
>>
I carry a Glock 31 with Speer Gold Dot HP ammo when I hike in the Great Smokey Mountains National Park. It's on my hip in a Blackhawk holster.
>>
>>30186997
I bought a fanny pack from 5.11 for like $15 bucks so I can conceal on day hikes and while jogging and shit, but I'm not a big fan. My gun doesn't seem very accessible and its a clumsy way to draw from. If I'm wearing a heavier shirt or a jacket or something and I don't have to worry about straps around my hips, I usually just conceal in my regular CC holster. If you don't mind OCing, a regular OWB paddle holster or something should work fine for larger backpacks with hip pads, since the pads are supposed to rest on top of your hips anyway. I just picked up a SERPA as my new innnawoods holster so I can carry something larger when I'm not on heavily trafficked trails. If you really want to be tacticool, drop leg holsters are also an option.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.