[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
.22 revolver
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 500x500
Are heritage rough rider .22s any good?
>>
>>30186507
for what they cost they don't need to be
>>
>>30186519
But do they work good as a target practice gun?
>>
>>30186507
>Big "read manual before using" stamp on the metal
No, no they are not.
>>
>>30186527
>not planning on integrally suppressing the barrel and improving the gas seal for a short range bob gun you can use to acquire a better gun and take small game.
>2016
Colt fucker
>>
>>30186507
I've got the Chiappa version, I got it for Christmas from my parents. It's yet to fail on me, and it's fun to shoot. It's not a tack driver by any means, but it's accurate enough for what it is.
>>
>>30186527
they are mechanically accurate enough but the cowboy sights are lacking. for the price you pay its fine. think of it like a bic pen or lighter. its designed to be disposable and will run out of life eventually but they work. they last longer than something that cheap should. id say lifespans in the 10-15k range. if you want something to pass on save up buy a ruger. if you just want to shoot roughriders ok. you certainly get your moneys worth of use out of it.
>>
File: hr649.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg (23 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
hr649.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg
23 KB, 640x400
>>30186507
Made of cheap pot metal. However, for .22 and .22M, that's good enough. They're shooters, nothing more.

For the same money, you can get a much higher quality gun in a used H&R 649 or similar, and they also have a S/L/LR cylinder and a Magnum cylinder. Availability depends on used stock, unfortunately, which is why the Heritage guns do so well.
>>
>>30186544
supressing a revolver without a nagant seal...

improving the seal on a colt SAA design

thinking a pseudo supressed 7in 22lr barrel would be a relevant small game gun compared to a decent 16in .22lr or even a hi power air rifle

>cod kiddie never owned a gun
>>
>>30186917
Have fun juggling your food rations vs rifle weight.
>using a ejection style system for escape and evasion.
Oh are those the snuffer dogs that's been smelling your casings?

Gee sure wished you git gud like Jerry miculek huh
>>
>>30187454
you're an idiot.

gtfo
>>
File: 2015-12-07 18.08.00-1-1.jpg (4 MB, 2436x1497) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-07 18.08.00-1-1.jpg
4 MB, 2436x1497
>>30186507

They ain't bad. They're good for plinking and removing various varmints at close ranges. The finish isn't great on them and wears pretty easily but the action is smooth and tight.

I'd say they're a solid 7/10.

Pic related. It's mine. I also have the magnum cylinder but it's not pictured and I have never actually used it.
>>
>>30186863
I second this H&Rs are cheap as fuck I got a little .32 for $180 they are built like fucking tanks I CC mine because fuck it if it gets taken as evidence no skin off my back
>>
I had one with a 9 inch barrel. Honestly it was a piece of shit. To me it was literally the crackwhore version of a Ruger single six. The problems I had were the timing and screws walking out whenever I shot it. I traded it and $100 cash on a brand new Ruger Mk. III standard with a 6 inch barrel. That gun is a fucking tank.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.