[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello gentleman I will get my weapon license for the first time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 10107.jpg (18 KB, 475x250) Image search: [Google]
10107.jpg
18 KB, 475x250
Hello gentleman
I will get my weapon license for the first time in a couple of days, even thou I have fired several guns I've never used a Ruger 22/45 (it's the standard gun used in our local range).
Any tips or advices about this gun i should take into account?
>>
Don't try to take it apart.

Other than that, everything about it is pretty giggity.
>>
>>30182549
This this this this. Or get the speed stripper thing for it
>>
>>30182549
much appreciated
>>
>>30182497
The stock trigger is gritty and mushy.

If your buying one for yourself get the volquartzen trigger , hammer , and sear kit.
>>
File: peace shooters.jpg (820 KB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
peace shooters.jpg
820 KB, 1800x1200
>>30182497
I'd recommend getting one of the newer ones with replaceable grips, the older one-piece frame style is unnaturally thin. Also, Mec-gar makes very high quality magazines, but they may not feed with VQ or Pac-lite receivers.

>>30182549
>>30182561
People with so little mechanical competence really should stay away from disassembling firearms. I can disassemble my 22/45 to base components and reassemble it in 30 seconds, without tools, without losing anything, and without frustration. I'm not smart, special or overly experienced. I'm just not inept.
>>
>>30183341
I'm sorry, this was mean of me to say. The 22/45 is not as simple to disassemble as a Glock.

But really, it's not hard at all. Please stop saying it is. You're trying to convince someone not to buy the (rightly) most popular .22 pistol in existence because YOU didn't watch a video.
>>
>don't take it apart
dry fire
pull takedown lever on back of hammer spring housing
yank pin to remove hammer spring housing
tap frame to separate upper and lower

>put it back together
move hammer so it's pointed up
put upper on it
tap in place
shove pin in
angle hammer strut down into hammer spring recess
close lever
>>
>>30182497
>I will get my weapon license for the first time in a couple of days, even thou I have fired several guns I've never used a Ruger 22/45 (it's the standard gun used in our local range).

Hmmm...

RA center?
>>
>>30182549

Its not that complicated really; but getting the bolt pin in and out is a bitch.

As this dude mentioned there's a kit to fix it that lets you remove the bolt pin with an allen wrench and makes the gun absurdly easy to maintain.

>>30182561

And here is a link for said speed stripper kit.

http://www.majesticarms.com/id10.html
>>
>>30183987
By the time i got everything installed, i learned enough not to need it any more.
That magazine interlock is really bad. If there's ten companies trying to fix your gun, Ruger, maybe you might want to go back to the drawing board with that...
>>
>>30184756

I think they did that for the same reason that the magazine only holds 10 rounds. They don't want to have to continually redesign their .22 pistol to accommodate asinine gun laws so they just jumped the gun and did it beforehand.
>>
>>30183341
New ones have a Magizine disconnect, it's the only reason I never got one.
>>
>>30185331
It's easy to remove, man.
>>
>>30185331
Removable in 5 minutes or less. There are lots of kits for it, as cheap as $10.
>>
File: S&W5906.jpg (90 KB, 1024x686) Image search: [Google]
S&W5906.jpg
90 KB, 1024x686
>>30185331
Magazine disconnects are usually easy to remove on most firearms, if you can do it on a Hi-Power or 5906 pistol, you can do it on any .22LR pistol
>>
File: ruger standard top 2245 bottom.jpg (65 KB, 380x500) Image search: [Google]
ruger standard top 2245 bottom.jpg
65 KB, 380x500
What's a good barrel length for a 22/45?

I like the looks of the 5.5 inch but should I go for something longer?

Either way it's going to be accurate as balls, i would imagine.
>>
>>30187576
>longer
I think the regular one is fine, and yes they're accurate as balls.
>>
>>30188698

Yeah i figured. I see the models with the replaceable grips on the internet for around 330-350 USD which seems reasonable. I might grab one this week.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.