[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Farm thread Fuck deer edition Who else on here /farmer/ If so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Farm thread
Fuck deer edition
Who else on here /farmer/
If so post your funs
I got a 30-30 Marlin
Multiple single shot shotguns
A 22 rifle
And pistols
Pic related
>>
>>30180914
We've had a lot of guns on the farm, but are most happy with a couple of H&R single shot 20 gauge Pardners.
Usually low-base 7-8 shot for stuff in the chicken coop at night with some 6s on the butt-cuff.
Simple, inexpensive, just keeps on working.
Guess they don't make them any more.
What a shame.
>>
>>30181034
Sounds like you have a bigger operation than me. What animals you got?
>>
>>30181063
10 acres, using goats and pigs to clear it.
Sheep eat the lawn; we eat the sheep.
Also an orchard, herb garden, raised beds, rabbits, catfish (aquaponics), chickens, ducks; building a greenhouse, maybe for for citrus.
Had bees but varroa mites got them. A buddy may sell us a nuke or two when he gets done splitting his hives.

How about you? Still on the grid? (we're 1/2 way off)
>>
>>30180914
inherited a marlin 3030 recently
is the lever supposed to be really fucking stiff to unlock?
the throw itself is rather smooth but unlocking the lever is hard.
feels like im doing something wrong cause i need to smack the stock against something to unlock it after every shot. unlocking it with 1 hand on the forend and the other on the lever is impossible.

its not rusted to hell or anything obvious like that. anyone have ideas
>>
>>30181289
Oh shit son. Mine is like butter on ice on a hot summer day. You need to clean/lube every moving part
>>
>>30181289
Does it have any kind of safety or action block / lever catch that may be binding?
Did the person you got it from like to "tinker"?
>>
>>30181164
7 acres
No animals right now, all died
5 min out of town, but town is in the ass end of nowhere
>>
>>30181495
Sounds like you have a pretty secure location.
Going more towards gardening, then?
Permaculture is a good guerilla garden setup, can be very low maintenance once you get it all going.
Check this out: http://www.permies.com/forums
>>
>>30181480
its an old model with no safety
im not really sure if my uncle did anything with it it looks basically unused
i dont trust myself to disassemble it just added some oil and cleaned the barrel out
>>30181478
once its moving its fairly smooth
its just really hard to start it moving.

is there like a recoil lock or lever release button im missing
>>
>>30181589
Yup. Crops are most of the farm right now
Hoping to get pigs and goats though
Any tips?
>>
>>30181611
No locks at all on mine. Only saftey button. Can you disassemble it?
If you can't I'll post pics
>>
>>30180914
suburbs boy here.
What shot for various animals i may encounter?

Guess it would usually be yotes,rabid dogs, coon, or possum in the burbs, and yotes,rattlers in the brush if i ever went out to the wilds.

I only have 12 gauge for shotguns buck and slug usually.

.22lr through a marlin 60 and 6 inch revolver and pistols.

yotes may have bred with stray dogs to get bigger.

help a anon out guys. I'll give you my silly suburban boy reason
>snake shot for rattlers
>22lr from a rifle possibly for those dog/yotes but might not be humane?

tell me how fucked up i am hoss.
>>
>>30181678
Storey's guides have a ton of useful info.
Have good fences. They can escape, but make them want to stay. Good food, clean water, and sturdy shelter goes a long way.
>>
>>30181698
i cant mess with it right now
what would actually stop the lever from moving? is it possible some screw is to tight or too loose causing the lever to stick?
>>
>>30181716
You've got the basics covered. Not fucked up. Stock up on ammo. Maybe a simple reloading setup.
Consider an AR in .223 / 5.56 - dual purpose: varmints and predators.
>>
>>30181716
22LR is humane, just make sure you can
Be quick about it. No prolonged suffering
>>
>>30181774
Am i wrong that a 22lr from a rifle is adequte for dog, coon, yote?

Of course shot placement is key just dont want to be those anons that shoot the bird with the bb gun and watch its death throes and be traumatized. Don't want to fuck up.

>>30181778
Thanks.
>>
>>30181793
Yes, adequate, but a little more punch can be nice.
Still, "Its all about placement", right?
>>
Where do you guys get your needed supplies? (Ammo, feed, seed, ect)
Like I mentioned earlier, my town is very isolated. The only place that sells what I need is very overpriced.
I can drive to whatever store if I need somethin bad enough though
>>
>>30181990
dont they have old school "hardware" stores, tractor supply, super walmarts and the mysterious internet ordering system when anons on /k/ can't find ammo?
>>
>>30181990
Not as isolated as you. We use a local Mom and Pop general store (no shit), Tractor Supply, Wal Mart, and Amazon Prime.

Can you grow any of your own feed?
Hey, wait...what if you've identified a niche market for your area? See a need, fill a need; right?
>>
>>30182079
Only sketchy as fuck tool stores where old people hang out. Very little stuff I need tho
>>
>>30182097
Woah. I could make and sell feed
>>
>>30182127
Might be worth a look...
>>
>>30182161
Thanks friendly Anon!
Have a (You)!
>>
>>30182217
Any time, AnonBro
Take care
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.