[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First Handgun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: 1463624062361.png (520 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1463624062361.png
520 KB, 640x360
Poorfag here, only own rifles but soon I'll be 21 and can get a handgun. Any tips, suggestions? To start with, I'll give you guys my thougts so far. I want something good for a range toy, carry, and just general use. Nothing too enormous, nothing too small. I want something cost effective and aesthetic. As a poorfag I don't want to drop more than triple digits but I'm willing to save up for a little while. I'm also a fan of german/austrian/swiss guns, so those would be preferable if possible. I'm open to slavshit. 9x19mm is a plus due to availability. I also like historic shit and milsurp. For those that carry or own multiple handguns, it would be best to tell me which one you would think satisfies my requirements and which would you would most want to depend on. I appreciate any input
>>
>>30178032
If you want a gun that does all of that, but has somewhat rare ammunition outside of the internet, there's the P64

You're not going to find any ONE gun that satisfies all of that.
>>
>>30178055
Sorry, my wording was flawed. I wouldn't say those are requirements, more like preferences
>>
>>30178032
Glock 19
>>
>>30178074
>preferences

Buy a Glock 19/Sig 320/HK VP9/Springfield XD/S&W M&P/SD9/Ruger SR9/E9

Spend any surplus money on ammunition. Learn fundamentals.

Anything else, just buy at your fancy. Buy what you think looks good and what you like to hold in your hand.
>>
M&p sheild or S&W SD9VE

The latter can be had used for ~$200 usually w/ 2 mags and they are good guns.
>>
>>30178032
browning hi-power would be my reccomendation.
designed by john b himself, shoots 9mm, fun to shoot, with a lovely SAO trigger. Can be carried cocked and locked
>>
>>30178032
Glawk nineteen
>>
>>30178032
canik tp9sf

$320, 18+1, comes with a load of goodies in the box, all reviews ive seen say its a great gun in all regards
>>
>>30178148
>Carrying a BHP

Eh. Not for a beginner.
>>
The best way to decide whether a handgun is right for you is to shove it up your ass and see if it can comfortably fit up there.
>>
Conceal carry should be your starting point. You should get familiar with carrying a gun all the time if your state allows it so it becomes second nature sooner.

Get something simple and reliable. If you're a poorfag you shouldn't start out the gate trying to be a collector.
>>
>>30178032
>9x19mm
>I also like historic shit
>I want something cost effective
>>
>>30178320
just throwing things out there, m8. i dont expect a gun to satisfy all my cravings at once
>>
>>30178116
thoughts on the makarov? specifically, east german?
>>
>>30178032
Sounds like you probably want a wonder 9. Modern production plastics can run anywhere from $300-1k+. If you're truly a poorfag I'd tell you to get the Canik TP9 because buck for buck I have yet to see anything come close to it in value. If you're more interested in accessories/aftermarket I'd tell you to get a used glock. You won't necessarily get the same things out of the box, but it's got a huge cheap aftermarket.
>>
>>30178135
This, I bought the sd9ve. works great, cheap ammo,
>>
>>30178579
>thoughts on the makarov? specifically, east german?

For carry? Fuck no.
>>
>>30179509
Can you elaborate? Not trying to be an autist and mindlessly defend milsurp, but I want to know what your reasons are
>>
>>30179564
> Anonymous 06/05/16(Sun)16:23:12 No.30179564▶
>>30179509 (You)
Can you elaborate? Not trying to be an autist and mindlessly defend milsurp, but I want to know what your reasons are

Yes I can!

1. The gun is heavy for what it is: 8 shots of 9x18
Its a reallyheavy gun, and it's pretty large for what ammounts to Glorified +p .380

2. Ammunition, particularly self Defense ammunition, is somewhat difficult to find, and there's really only one kind.

This one is self explanatory. The ammo is far less common than .380, 9mm, .40, .45, or any other cartridges that are most commonly use to defend one's self.

3. It doesn't do ANYTHING better than modern offerings.

The only reason to buy the gun is because you enjoy makarovs. If you're looking for a real self defense weapon, there are PLENTY in COMMON CALIBERS for around the same price, that have the added bonus of having things like magazines that are available, ammunition that isn't all steel cased(Even though it's not much of a problem) and the ability to reload for the cartridge easily.

The round isn't all that spectacular either.

4. The magazine Release

Heel magazine release is slower and requires two hands.

5. Holsters

There are VERY few holsters for the Makarov that aren't custom made, or the old style military widowmakers.
>>
>>30178032
BUY A FUCKING M&P SHIELD 9MM
>>
Shield was my first handgun, though not the first I've shot. I have not regretted it. There are a lot of options, but for doing everything you are always going to be making compromises. Glock 19 and similar sized guns are a great catch all, but they're just not as easy to cc as a shield or similar (though they're still pretty easily concealed). You just have to look at the factors and make a choice you think best fits you.
>>
I agree with this guy >>30178198
I like my BHP, and it's my edc, but a nice polymer striker gun would be a better start. Although I value my manual safety for peace of mind while carrying, a more modern double stack 9mm would be a better first gun.
>>
OP here. Fuck it, I think I'd probably just get a Glock and play it safe, no need to go too deep trying to find a really cheap but good pistol, nor do I need to drop 800 on a controversial H&K
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.