[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We all know that Volvos are indestructible, so why don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8
File: puffy volvo.jpg (15 KB, 580x280) Image search: [Google]
puffy volvo.jpg
15 KB, 580x280
We all know that Volvos are indestructible, so why don't they make tank armor out of Volvonium?
>>
>>30175498
Then the tank drivers will have an irresistible urge to drive aggressively and cut other tanks off.
>>
Will that make the crew massive cucks too?
>>
>>30175498
>J. Random fat bitch...
>>>/b/
Seriously get that disgusting landwhale out of h.... -Oh, it's a car. Nevermind.
>>
i thought the volvo thing was a meme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7V-G3PiRUc

but wtf
>>
>>30175544
Volvonium and Nintendium are the two most powerful materials on earth

theyre even stronger than diamonds and dragonforce
>>
Isn't that just old Volvos?
I thought the new ones were just like every other luxury car.
>>
>>30175548
Too bad Nokia lost the formula for thirtythreetenium.
>>
File: 1390592755492.png (178 KB, 368x442) Image search: [Google]
1390592755492.png
178 KB, 368x442
>>30175544
Goddamn, Volvo's don't give a FUCK
>>
>>30175993
>>30175544
>>30175498

It IS a meme. Neighbor has one: 120k, transmission is fucking jerking. Got a flat, bent the fucking wrench that comes with the car.
>>
>>30177367
They're alright in reliability. They probably still build them like cars are supposed to be built, in some places at least. I believe the US requires vehicles to have crush points so the car implodes when crashed, to absorb impact and keep your neck from snapping. That's the downside of japcrap, they take safety to the extreme so one accident and your vehicle's destroyed, but hey reliability is great. I own a Toyota and tilt my head when people say "my car broke down" or has this or that problem.
>>
File: 8CoO77z.png (206 KB, 808x2055) Image search: [Google]
8CoO77z.png
206 KB, 808x2055
>>30175498
>>
>>30175498

I drive a Volvo... Best $32k I ever spent. Indestructible for damn sure

Friend of mine bought an old turbo-brick Volvo for $800. Put $150 into it and bypassed the wastegate. It easily makes 350hp. I've owned fast cars, including a 7-8s drag car. 350-400 is from a relatively calibrated ass-dyno
>>
>>30177516

I have a very hard time believing that chart.

> Audi/Mazda/Kia/Buick > Honda

No way in hell.

I guess I am also factoring in the repair costs though. If something costs $2000 (transmission) to repair on a Honda, it's going to be $8000 for an Audi in the US.

Also, Ford is way too low.
>>
>>30177516
>mopar that low

What
>>
>>30177614
All American cars are garbage. They think they can still use planned obsolescence like it's the 50s when we have other choices of imports now. As much of a nationalist as I am, I wouldn't let someone I like buy a POS American made car.

For example for my security company we have a few different cars. Owners must be a Chevy guy because his personal truck is a Chevy and 3 of the patrol cars are Chevies. Well, the 2 Chevy sparks are at 50,000 and absolutely done. I dont have time to list all the shit that's wrong with them, but fatal engine damage is in their near future.

The Chevy Aveo is cock-wheeled, both are off alignment in different directions. Oh boy is that fun to drive over 70 with... kind of like walking on ice, and it wears the tread down very quickly. Granted these issues are probably from idiots hitting curbs with it, but the AC and radio also don't work. It's got around 50k as well.

The PT cruiser, same as the sparks, too much to list, but it does have around 120k. Impressive I guess, but it's nearing the end of its life.

The Kia soul is the one we all fight to drive, 130k and going strong. Everything works, interior is still in good condition (our duty belts ripped up the seats on everything else)

Meanwhile my dad's 4runner is going strong at 300k, the only issue is the exhaust smells. The asians are building shit to last, the Europeans are at least trying, but the Americans think they can have a car company with the same quality as mcdonalds and get away with it. You'd have to be stupid to buy one... well it is "murica
>>
>>30177721
PT Cruiser isn't a Chevy is why
>>
>>30177721

>All American cars are garbage. They think they can still use planned obsolescence like it's the 50s when we have other choices of imports now. As much of a nationalist as I am, I wouldn't let someone I like buy a POS American made car.

Ford didn't take a cent of bailout money, unlike every other US company.

>
Meanwhile my dad's 4runner is going strong at 300k, the only issue is the exhaust smells. The asians are building shit to last, the Europeans are at least trying, but the Americans think they can have a car company with the same quality as mcdonalds and get away with it. You'd have to be stupid to buy one... well it is "murica

Again, generally true, but I would give benefit of doubt to Ford.

I also wonder if that trend will get reversed to some degree.

As far as Germans trying - the cars are not affordable to the upper middle class and below. Maybe maintenance isn't nearly as crazy in Europe, I dunno. What I can tell you for sure is that Euro cars are "engineered to perfection" which makes them a HUGE pain to work on, because they use "light" bolts to save weight, so they strip, etc. That was just an easy example. Another easy example is "Toyota has one oxygen sensor. Audi has 4 - one before cat, one after cat (heated), on both exhaust pipes." This makes them 4x harder to diagnose and fix.
>>
>>30177753
It's a Chrysler which is worse, the worst to be exact. The fact that it's still running is a miracle. The engine shakes back and forth when you start it and pieces are falling off it inside and out. Drivability is frustrating, it has like a 6 lane turn radius and no power steering. The PT is a favorite of poor niggers for a reason, it's one of the cheapest used hunks of shit you can get.
>>
>>30177796
Well fuck you buddy mopar or no par this wouldn't have happened if Plymouth were still around
>>
>>30177796
Pt cruisers are only so shitty because Chrysler put the cheapest possible parts on them. This goes for almost every Chrysler car.
If you take the crap bits off and put good bits on you endup with a motor that'll push over 500hp on a single cam and the same basic frame/breaks from a Shelby Daytona.
>>
>>30177761
I admit to not knowing much about Ford from personal experience, but from reviews and reliability ratings they seem to vary from crap to decent. I hear heyre improving and hope that continues.

My experience with European cars isn't great either. My mom's gone through 2 BMWs. She has to take it to a special shop when it breaks down and the parts to repair it are expensive as fuck. They've needed extended servicing at least twice where she's had to rent a car while it gets fixed. Little things like the windows and automatic locks breaking was common.

If you look at used Toyotas compared to other used cars you'll see why they're better, attention to detail. I've noticed the little numbers on the radio buttons usually aren't worn off from people touching them. The seats won't be worn, the power windows, a/c, etc will still work even at 100k+ miles. I know Nissan's, Hondas, ans scions are about that level of cost/quality, but Toyota really takes it to the next level. Anyone who makes sure the fucking numbers on the buttons don't wear off is paying attention.

I briefly worked at a used car dealership that's how I know this.
>>
>>30175544
That fucking madman driving it
>>
Saw an accident once between a mac truck, and a volvo. We had to circle around the street a few times because it was so absurd.

The mack truck had to get towed away, and the volvo drove away on its own power.
>>
>>30178282
Saw a crash between a renault econo box and a volvo box. The renault was completely totalled, the volvo was roughed up but amazingly, both lights worked and it drove off just fine.
>>
File: 1423714271760.jpg (32 KB, 597x351) Image search: [Google]
1423714271760.jpg
32 KB, 597x351
>>30175544
>>
>>30177858

I agree with virtually everything you just said.
>>
>>30177647
>Lexus that high
It was obviously made by Saudis with buyers remorse
>>
>>30177721
Eh, most chevy cars are iffy, but whatever they did to make the Cavalier, they sold somebody's soul.

I've got a 2000 model Chevy Cavalier and it's indestructible. It's been driven up and down the eastern seaboard at least half a dozen times, plus a few trips across the gulf coast and into the Ozarks lately. By all rights it should have copped out about 7 years ago.
>>
>>30179389

>no tach

End of discussion.
>>
>>30175544
This is Russia, isn't it
>>
>>30179940
>needing a tach
Lol get good
>>
>>30175504
FUCKING LOL, SO TRUE WTF LOL
>>
>>30175544
i do want to point out though that cars popcorn on purpose. when a car crashes, its designed to compact and soak up the energy as to protect you. the volvo not doing that makes for a good defensive car, but not a safe one
>>
>>30175498

Only the Swedes know the secret forging techniques necessary to shape Volvonium into a usable form. We all know how they feel about violence, too, so there's less than zero chance of a tank crafted of the powerful material.
>>
>>30179992

Poland i think, might be czech
>>
>>30177858
I recently borrowed my dads toyota 4runner, dont know which gen. It has a stupid amount of miles on it, and the only real problems are aesthetic and air conditioning.

I love that vehicle.
>>
>>30177858
The Fords that aren't made in North America, for example the Transit Connect are absolute garbage.
New Fords are often made in Mexico, however they seem to be decent.
>>
File: 1459464868822.gif (380 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1459464868822.gif
380 KB, 500x375
>>30176030
Even their latter flip phones were indestructible. Mine had this stubby little antenna in it you could probably use as a kuboton.
>>
>>30175544
How is that thing still running?
>>
>>30182056
Better question, how's the driver still running?
>>
>>30175544
I have an opportunity to trade in my altima for a volvo

should I?
>>
File: Volvo_C303_front_q.jpg (1 MB, 2272x1704) Image search: [Google]
Volvo_C303_front_q.jpg
1 MB, 2272x1704
>volvonium tank breaks down
>push it back to base
>mechanics refuse to work on it because expensive parts
>have to import volvo parts all the way from sweden
pic related but its not armored
>>
>>30181372
Strange that volvos consistently ace all crash tests then. But im sure your expertise puts Volvos RND department to shame.
>>
>>30175498
I want to fuck that car.

Why do I want to fuck that car?
>>
>>30175544
What the fuck is this unholy shit
>>
>>30181873
You have no fucking idea. I use my transit connect from 2014. Made in Spain. Absolutely indestructible. Not a single issue. 70k miles in less than 2 years
>>
File: 1421818284744.jpg (3 MB, 4250x2391) Image search: [Google]
1421818284744.jpg
3 MB, 4250x2391
>>30175544
Holy shit that's metal
>>
>>30175498
The last volvonium was mined out at Thorslanda with the 940-960 model range. Now they make it with a watered down version from reclaimed volvos. Volvominium, as it were, is only half again as strong and will even deform when pelted with other hard metals as tungsten and diamond.
>>
>>30177367
The newer ones (made after the mid90s) are shit.
They're made in Belgium not Sweden.
They're essentially just European Fords.
>>
>>30185819
H I G H T E S T
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.