[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm renting a room and I can't convince the owner
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: 61GJUp95coL._SL1500_.jpg (45 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
61GJUp95coL._SL1500_.jpg
45 KB, 1500x1125
So I'm renting a room and I can't convince the owner of the house to let me keep any weapons, I did manage to find one work around; she doesn't seem to mind tools. I don't want to betray her trust but I feel kind of naked without something, so what would you recommend /k/? Nothing obvious like blades, not looking to get kicked out.
>>
>>30169202
What the fuck kind of place do you live where your landlord won't let you have a fucking knife.
>>
>>30169202
Axe if you're near the woods.

Hammers, large screw driver, large monkey wrench, pipe wrench, large flashlight, pocket knife, crowbar, anything you'll find a Harbor Freight, Home Depot, general hardware store.
>>
>>30169202
baseball bat, a big ball peen hammer or a large mag light would be my picks
>>
>>30169211
Renting a room in a house, only knives are for cooking and they would notice if one went missing.
>>
>>30169202
glock
designed by gaston glock
who was a toolmaker
>>
>>30169285
would they notice if one went missing from the knife store?
>>
>>30169202
Renter rights. Depends on local laws I think, but she may not have the authority to deny your rights under the Constitution. Unless you're Euro trash.
>>
File: 1447468979089.jpg (28 KB, 263x357) Image search: [Google]
1447468979089.jpg
28 KB, 263x357
>>30169300
>>
>>30169202
>she

Of course it's a fucking woman.
>>
>>30169302
100% this.

I lived at an apartment complex that stated in the lease agreement no residents could possess weapons on the property. I brought a letter from one of my friends at a law firm stating that once I legally claim the apartment as my residence, they lose the ability to dictate what goes on in that private space, even though they own it. It went on to say that the right to keep and bear arms is guaranteed by the constitution and if they planned on trying to enforce their policy or reconsider my approval as a tenant, they should go ahead and give me the information for their legal office as we would be bringing up a civil suit immediately.

Property manager was prissy about it but she watched me carry in a carload of weapons. Gun cases, machetes, hatchets, a spear and a couple swords from the pre-teen years, she had to see it all with a disapproving grimace.
>>
>>30169202
buy lockbox
gun in lockbox

Where's the problem, anon? Also, unless you're in a shithole country, I'm fairly certain constitutional rights trump what some cunt says. The only thing my housing complex is able to do in regards to firearms is request that we not shoot for target practice in the neighborhood. Firing in case of burglary or self defense would not go against those guidelines, so I still have a right to self protection with the way it's worded. I have no idea how a landlord could possibly think that they could deny you those rights, unless it's some kind of a private residence law thing.
>>
>>30169302
the homeowner can absolutely ask you not to keep weapons in her house because it's her fucking house. If OP doesn't like that, he is free find another place to live or a different place to keep his weapons.
>>
>>30171583
>inb4 more MUH RIGHTS
it's her house, not an apartment complex or a full-on rental property.
>>
>>30171583
But she's renting a part of it out, pretty sure some form of legal baggage comes with that.
>>
>>30169239
>opfor coop

Now there are some memories.
>>
>>30171612
as with most things, comes down to state laws
>However, a landlord’s ability to ban tenants from carrying firearms is not perfectly consistent
throughout the country, and some state’s exceptions make it all the more necessary for real estate
managers to stay abreast of specific laws. Minnesota statute, for example, states “A landlord may not
restrict the lawful carry or possession of firearms by tenants or their guests.” In Virginia, landlords for public housing are similarly restricted: “A rental agreement shall not contain provisions that the tenants agrees […] to a prohibition or restriction of any lawful possession of a firearms within individual dwelling units."

in my home state of VA, if I were to move into a place like OP,
“The granting of a concealed handgun permit pursuant to this article shall not thereby authorize the possession of any handgun or other weapon on property or in places where such possession is otherwise prohibited by law or is prohibited by the owner of private property.”

>https://www.irem.org/File%20Library/Public%20Policy/ConcealedCarryLaw.pdf

a more poignant and to-the-point it of reading
>http://www.allpropertymanagement.com/blog/2013/05/21/can-landlords-limit-their-tenants-second-amendment-right-to-bear-arms/
>>
>>30169434
You're a raging faggot.
>>
22lr naildriver and a box of pellets.
>>
>>30171909
For exercising the 2 amendment? For there being some lawyer that has a reason to say you can not stop the renter from possessing firearms in his living area?
>>
>>30171909
Because a local or state ordnance says a Land lord cant ban gun ownership?
>>
>>30169434
What's the fucking point of that rule, regardless of the constitutionality? Nobody who is actually looking to cause trouble would in any way respect the rule or even allow you to ever know they broke it. Dumb fucking gun grabbers.
>>
>>30172527
it's just the same as how you need to report your income, no matter where it came from, when filing your taxes: so they can catch drug-dealers/any black-market money-makers on another charge of tax fraud once they actually are caught
>>
>>30172527
>Nobody who is actually looking to cause trouble would in any way respect the rule or even allow you to ever know they broke it.
I live in an apartment where this is a "rule". No one gives half a shit in my building. There is a vet who I see every weekend carrying a long thin blanket through the halls and a guy on the top floor who straight up just carries a shotgun to his car when he goes hunting.

OP's situation is a little different though.
>>
File: 31v05xlOf5L._SX355_.jpg (5 KB, 355x236) Image search: [Google]
31v05xlOf5L._SX355_.jpg
5 KB, 355x236
>>30169202

Dear Op,

I have used these before. Pretty good for kicking the living shit out of an intruder and also for escaping from a fire by tearing through the nearest wall.

http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-FatMax-Xtreme-55-120-FuBar/dp/B000VSSG3O

Of course there is the highly deadly KA-BAR Knife too but that might be a weapon in your landlord's mind.

http://www.amazon.com/KA-BAR-Marine-Corps-Fighting-Straight/dp/B001H53Q6M

You can also get Japanese Katana swards of say Amazon for a very good price.

http://www.amazon.com/Masahiro-Folded-Samurai-Layers-Dragon/dp/B007998X4K

Consult Youtube about each of these and what they can do. At self defense range in your apartment all of these 'tools' are probably far more lethal than a gun.
>>
>>30169434
That's awesome.
>>
dear op

one day you will learn that everything is bomb
>inb4 thread bomb
>>
File: Liking this post.gif (1 MB, 200x254) Image search: [Google]
Liking this post.gif
1 MB, 200x254
>>30169300
>>
>>30169202
A gun OP. Those are the best for home defense.

What that stupid bitch doesn't know won't hurt her.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kwyCs4gFgI
>>
>>30169202
>I don't want to betray her trust

How about stop being such a fucking cuck
>>
Test
>>
>>30169202
Buy a gun and keep it hidden?
>>
>>30169202
>buy gun
>keep hidden in easily accessible HD approved spot
>I.E hidden with dildos in bedside table
>hire homeless man to do a Mach break into your landlords room for $10
>scare him away with your gun
>congradualtions you've successfully converted an snti-gun
>>
>>30169273
>baseball bat
Get a glove and ball, and tell the landlord that you play ball here and there.
>>
>>30169202
>So I'm renting a room
if your rental agreement doesn't have a passage banning guns, tell her to fuck off. even if it does, your state laws most likely make that provision not legally binding.
>i don't have a rental agreement
get one, because without it you're just crashing at her place. renters rights are an important tool to keep you from getting fucked over

regardless just get a gun, why let fear of eviction cost you your life?
>>
I think OP means he's paying his mother rent and she doesn't approve of guns.
>>
File: check_those.jpg (46 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
check_those.jpg
46 KB, 1280x720
>>30169434
Witnessed.

Legally bitch-slapping people is the best.
>>
>>30177484
^ /end thread

Also, came here to say this
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.