[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
glock & weston hi points
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: g20.jpg (29 KB, 500x347) Image search: [Google]
g20.jpg
29 KB, 500x347
Sup /k/, I was looking at getting a g20 or perhaps a g21 as my next fun, but I do have a question about the slide.

At this point I think I've gotta be doing something wrong, and it's putting me off of getting one. My hand just slips off the serrations about halfway through racking the slide. I don't know if it's because I have sweaty ass hands or what, since I have absolutely no problem racking my 1911 or my Tokarev.

Is there like a special way to rack glocks that I don't know about? Should I just dump like 200 bucks on a slide with good serrations or what?

Thanks.
>>
File: IMG_2332_zpse42f5349.jpg (86 KB, 1024x363) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2332_zpse42f5349.jpg
86 KB, 1024x363
>>
While I've never had the same problem, I would try putting skateboard tape or some other form of traction on the slide and see if you can get a better grip on that.
>>
>Elbows at 180 [close to your body]
>Thumb all the way flat across [back serration]
>rest of your fingers on the other side
>push with both hands
>>
>>30166971
If racking the slide is difficult would reccomemd a different pistol. If set on the glock there is grip tape as mentioned above, have the slide milled in a more aggressive pattern, or a slide plate that has the charging handle
>>
File: ayy lmao.png (896 KB, 1296x723) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao.png
896 KB, 1296x723
>>30167407
Well I mean my main issue is not really the slide being difficult, I can probably run one or two mags (when my buddy let me test drive his last weekend) before my fingers start slipping off the slide.

I do end up doing >>30167188 when that happens, but I've always been taught to pic related so I guess it would be be a habit I'd have to kick off

But yeah I'm kinda set on a glock since I can probably get a decent discount someone I know works at a glock retailer so I could leech off of his employee discount.

I'll probably try the grip tape tho, thanks boys
>>
U just got weak hands nigga
>>
>>30166971

You've got sweaty hands. It sucks. Join the club. Just wear gloves. Get some Mechanix in black, it'll cost you 20 bucks.
>>
>>30167601
that used to be my problem. just keep em 180 and you'll be golden pony boy
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-04-19-57-07.png (624 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-04-19-57-07.png
624 KB, 480x800
Grab slide from behind, thumb on the right of the slide and index finger on the left. Never had a problem with it.
>>
Start lifting weights and drinking milk everyday
>>
File: cock_your_glock.jpg (197 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
cock_your_glock.jpg
197 KB, 720x960
>>30166971
This is a massive problem and it's why I sold and replaced my gen 3 glocks with gen 4.

the slide finish on the gen 3's might as well be fucking Crisco once you get a little sweat on it, do yourself a favor and switch guns.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.