[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just bought a Gew. 98, its nothing special, 95% matching in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: AXS12-H-F2-L.jpg (120 KB, 1800x386) Image search: [Google]
AXS12-H-F2-L.jpg
120 KB, 1800x386
I just bought a Gew. 98, its nothing special, 95% matching in decent shape. Would it be a complete travesty if I bought a period correct scope and mounts and had them professionally installed?

>I only paid $400 for the rifle itselt
>>
>would it be a complete travesty if I drilled and tapped the receiver of a not a sniper rifle?

I mean it's your gun, you can lower it's value all you want. Might as well put a scope on a mini 14 since a front line rifle will be about as precise. There's a reason it wasent pulled when it was originally made.
>>
File: yarly-34109.jpg (33 KB, 438x400) Image search: [Google]
yarly-34109.jpg
33 KB, 438x400
>>30161336
>would it be a complete travesty if I drilled and tapped the receiver of a not a sniper rifle?
>>
>>30161370
>wasent

No matter how good of a point you made, with spelling like that nobody will take you serious.
>>
>>30161370
>>30161390
>people actually think it will hurt the value on a run of the mill surplus rifle.

If its nothing special, and he uses period correct shit and doesnt bubba it, it wont hurt the value.
>>
File: what's wrong with you.gif (726 KB, 446x251) Image search: [Google]
what's wrong with you.gif
726 KB, 446x251
>>30161336
please don't cut up a hundred year old gun
>>
>>30161428
I don't think you know how a scope mount is installed
>>
>>30161462
I say this as a guy who bought a secondhand rifle that bubba drilled into.

Don't do it OP.
>>
>>30161425
Yes it will.

The price of the rifle and scope separate is more than the price of a drilled and tapped combo.

You will be desteoying markings to drill and tap the receiver.

You will be cutting wood to inlet the stock for a turned bolt from a non sniper

You will need to inlet the handguard for a non authentic scope.

All to turn a front line rifle into a terrible sniper wannabe.
>>
>>30161336
It's your gun, and if you're getting a scope and mount on it because you intend to shoot it, and shoot it often, then fucking go for it.

If it's just a trophy piece to hang on your wall, leave it alone.
>>
>>30161425
You are a retard
>>
>>30161502
just look at the OP

>no inlet cut in stock
>no inlet in handguards

High turrets didnt require all that shit.
>>
>>30161530
It's not real
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.