[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bolt action pistols thread? How reliable/accurate has anyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8
File: RemingtonXP-100.jpg (49 KB, 600x266) Image search: [Google]
RemingtonXP-100.jpg
49 KB, 600x266
Bolt action pistols thread?
How reliable/accurate has anyone found them?
>>
>>30157024
They're as reliable as the parent action. So, for the most part pretty fucking reliable.

They can be insanely accurate. Sub-half-MOA.
>>
>>30157024
The Remington XPs were made at the peak of the Model 700 action, themselves representing 35 years of some of the best mass market bolt guns, let alone pistols.

In good condition, one will be more accurate and reliable than the gun shooting it.
>>
File: Remington XP100.jpg (87 KB, 720x457) Image search: [Google]
Remington XP100.jpg
87 KB, 720x457
>>30157024
I've always wanted one, but they are pretty expensive and not too common. I like the odd rounds they are chambered in too.
>>
>>30157024
The XPs are amazing. A lot of benchrest guys poach XP actions because they are the best of the 700s made.
>>
>>30157280
Why not just leave them stock and get a gucci Tikka or Sako action? Just ruining something rare for the sake of American nostalgia a that point.

Not a fucking commie so it's not as if I have a say what they do with their personal property though.
>>
>>30157307
They use XP100 action because it isn't the Model 700, it's a single shot variant of the 600/660 Mohawk action, so it's intrinsically stronger by not having the bottom cut out for the magazine
>>
>>30158503
Yup, and they seemed to be better than the 40X single shots that came out of the custom shop. They were also oddities and "junk" when the benchrest scene was getting into full swing before custom action makers had produced 700 knockoffs.

Now it's not worth it because there are piles of good 700 action knockoffs and the 700 actions coming out of Remington aren't actually bad.
>>
>>30157024
Comrad , obretz in your life you need
>>
XP-100 is incredibly accurate. There's way less barrel whip with the short barrel.

There were a lot of gunsmiths converting them from .221 fireball to .223, as it's just a pass with a reamer.
>>
>>30157024

So is this for varminting while /out/ or what? Does it hold more than one round?
>>
Mines pretty loud and quite snappy desu senpai
>>
I want one in a really big caliber.

Like 450 Rigby.
>>
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 750x373) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 750x373
You niggers are retarded.

I want the exact opposite. A full sized bolt action 9mm rifle.

Simply because 9mm is the cheapest center fire round to shoot
>>
>>30164016
...so a .22?
>>
>>30164035
Nvm. Just get something in .223 them
>>
>>30163338
It's a specialized target pistol.
VERY accurate
>>
File: Ruger_PC4.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1015) Image search: [Google]
Ruger_PC4.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1015
>>30164016
It's not bolt-action, but Ruger used to make the PC9 and PC40, and Marlin made the Camp Carbine

The Ruger uses, of course, Ruger pistol magazines in 9mm Luger and .40S&W, it has a sliding weight under the barrel, which the bolt tows, this allows the rifle to be straight-blowback but while being a bit more balanced and not as ass heavy.

Marlin made the Camp Carbines, the 9mm Luger ones uses Smith & Wesson pistol magazines, specifically the 5900 series ones (so you could get long 20 and 30 round mags if you really wanted to, overall it'd be a nice companion weapon to a S&W 5906 pistol), the .45ACP carbine uses 1911 pistol magazines, with all that entails.

Both are semi-auto, but rather well made ones, the 9mm and .45 carbines should be nice choices for attaching a silencer to, if that's your game, with .45 being subsonic in normal factory loadings, and subsonic loadings of 9mm being phenomenally quiet.
>>
>>30164016
This. I also really want a bolt action 9mm. Not .22, not .223, 9mm.
>>
Is there anything stopping me from chopping down a k31or k11 into a straight pull bolt action pistol?
>>
File: image.jpg (9 KB, 371x371) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9 KB, 371x371
I almost bought a .22lr Cricket Hunter.
>>
>>30167885
The NFA
>>
>>30157024
>turning long guns in to pistols
this is the reason we can't buy AP anymore
>>
>>30169021
that's just a few letters of the alphabet
>>
>>30169045
Dumbass.
>>
File: TnQRX6v.gif (4 MB, 581x327) Image search: [Google]
TnQRX6v.gif
4 MB, 581x327
>>30165651
Taking all the good properties of 9mm and negating them
>>
>>30169652
Uhh how are you negating them

The only good property of 9mm is that it's cheap as fuck.
>>
>>30165285
I'm actually lookin at buying a 9mm carbine because bolt actions don't really exist.

You're way ahead of me
>>
>>30169652
dumb
>>
>>30169045
it already happened for most calibers, so we should make the most of what we've got now
where are the 5.45 pistols
>>
>>30170036
I figure, if you wanted to, you might be able to somehow turn a PC9 or Camp 9 into a straight-pull repeater, though it might not be what you're exactly looking for.

For what it's worth, the Ruger and Marlin carbines are both very well made blowback guns, rather accurate and precise, good length and size, etc, they won't have the feel of a bolt-action but they're very good for what they actually are, you can just as well use them for hunting (small game) and home defense as you would plinking and target shooting.
>>
>>30170019
>The only good property of 9mm is that it's cheap as fuck.
low recoil, for followup shots on semis/FAs
small and lower pressure, so guns made for it can be small and lightweight
subsonic loads aren't wastefully weak compared to usual loads, for can use
not the weakest out there
centerfire
>>
>>30170318
Subsonic loads are also very quiet with a silencer.

High capacity magazines are compact and slim, a 33rd Glock mag is reliable and sturdy.

And yes, cheap, while having good power (especially out of rifle and carbine barrels, where velocities begin looking a bit like .357 Mag tier)
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.