[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/, this isn't completely weapons related but what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
Hey /k/, this isn't completely weapons related but what are some good binoculars that you have had expereience with? Preferably sturdy, affordable and with Rangefinder + Relative compass
Extra points if good zoom
>inb4
yeah I know being a spotter is gay but someone's gotta do it
Pic unrelated
>>
Doesn't Leupold make good optics? Might want to give them a look.
>>
>>30156938
I'll be sure to check
Any models in particular?
>>
>>30156978
Sorry bud wish I knew to be honest. Keep in mind though that you get what you pay for.
>>
>>30157032
Aye I'm well aware of that
Had family destroy a 700+ one, so I'm looking for a replacement, but guess who's all out of money
>>
>>30157102
Sorry to hear that man. Best you could do now is save up and wait. If you're impatient like me you'll get a good product but it'll be sub-par to the best you actually want.
>>
Op check Steiner Binocs. The got lots of military contracts. Also dont get any binocs with zoom. The zoom eats light like a mofo making the picture much darker.
>>
Must it be a binocular? Spotting scopes work better for being a spotter. And honestly famalam a decent stand alone range finder is going to save you alot of money rather than trying to go all in on one piece of gear and are relatively small.

http://swfa.com/Nikon-16-48x60-ProStaff-5-Fieldscope-P51684.aspx
http://swfa.com/Bushnell-6x21-Scout-DX-1000-ARC-Laser-Rangefinder-P61331.aspx
Around $800 all said and done.
>>
>>30156932
Vortex Diamondback binos are great for the low price, but Swarovski binos would be best of you can afford then
>>
>>30157615
I used to have swarovskis actually, before the senpai broke them.
>>30157392
I just meant as in magnification, sorry. I had a few too many tonight.
>>30157325
yeah, that's pretty much what I'm gonna do, and then be not satisfied because I know there is better.
>>30157589
Must be a binoc, arriving with two pieces of equipment that could have been combined is not something that I should do.
>>
>>30156932
A binocular with all that and good optics is going to be upwards of $1000. I know Pentax makes a pretty decent 8x binocular with compus + reticle for $200 but I've never used them.

The only binoculars I use for spotting are my vortex vulture HD 15x56's. Was $600.

Good glass cost good cash.
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 750x726) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 750x726
>>30158018
If you're just spotting from a stationary location like at the range it may be worth it to get a cheap spotting scope and save your money. The $100 Celesteon C90 spotting telescope offers stupid terrestrial observation capabilities at 1/10th the price you're going to spend on a pair of binos.
>took this pic with an iPhone held up to my C90, guy is over a mile away at 39x
>>
>>30158190
Shit actually looks pretty nice
I'm will have to be mobile though, so fuck me I guess
Wish I could just use that instead of binos
>>
best sub 100 dollar binoculars?
>>
>>30158568
How mobile do you have to be? I took that photo from the top of a local mountain, so hiking/traveling with these is easily possible. Heck I even brought my C90 and 64" tripod on a flight.
>>30158629
Vortex & leupold, can't remember the specific models but they exist.
>>
>>30158765
A few days of moving, with packing time having to be near zero.
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 750x722) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 750x722
>>30158788
Hunting? Any idea on ranges?
A spotting scope can be packed up in a few seconds and carried long distance on a good tripod while still being attached.
Not trying to deter you from binoculars, but I think you're overestimating the difficulty of using a decent scope/tripod.

If you just want some cheap binos that have the features states in the OP go with the Pentax, there's really not many other options and no other with those features for under $600.
>this pic was ~1.8 miles on 60x, cropped out the black
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.