[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
alright /k/ There are a dozen giant Megalodons that have appeared
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: hqdefault.jpg (31 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
31 KB, 480x360
alright /k/

There are a dozen giant Megalodons that have appeared out of nowhere and they are attacking vital shipping lanes, sinking Naval vessels, cutting undersea cables and generally upsetting the public.

Explain how you will go about destroying/capturing these hellspawns using conventional military weaponry. (no nukes, the public is watching and negative perception is a great concern with the resources you will have at hand)
>>
>>30154731

Why capture them? They're literally a threat to nothing except smaller fish.
>>
File: Mega_Shark_Versus_Mecha_Shark.jpg (55 KB, 256x359) Image search: [Google]
Mega_Shark_Versus_Mecha_Shark.jpg
55 KB, 256x359
Bitch, I'm the motherfucking United States of America and this just gives me more reason to throw money at a problem until it goes away. They don't stand a chance against Mechshark.
>>
>>30154731
>underwater nuke
>they can't see shit
>no fallout on surface
>no radiation to detect on surface
why not really?
btw i would just spread the rumor that megalodon penis is a very potent aphrodisiac
i would watch the chineese catch the shit out of them and they go extinct.
>>
>>30154803
> i would just spread the rumor that megalodon penis is a very potent aphrodisiac
i would watch the chineese catch the shit out of them and they go extinct.

this will actually work
>>
>>30154731
Torpedoes, mostly. Water carries concussion more than air so two or three hits are going to tear up any carbon based life pretty badly.
>>
>>30154731
Megalodon are less than 20m long. So a giant megalodon should be somewhere around 30m which is the same as a blue whale. Therefore, I assume you would hunt megaldons the same as you hunt whales - with harpoons.
>>
File: Uss_iowa_bb-61_pr.jpg (2 MB, 3000x1998) Image search: [Google]
Uss_iowa_bb-61_pr.jpg
2 MB, 3000x1998
Kill a whale then let it float far enough for the main guns to aim, and wait until it surfaces.
>>
>>30154803
>>no radiation to detect on surface

They can spot the isotope fingerprint of an underground nuclear test from the next country over without much problem, and the infrasound boom will be picked up around the world, allowing people to pinpoint he locations of the detonation.

An underwater nuke would make itself known.
>>
>>30154731
How giant are we talking here? If pic related, judging by the carrier I'll guess about a mile long.

Then reality comes into effect so it would die from lack of food (a pod of whales would go down like a school of slow minnows). If this bullshit is magical then I'll just build a Jaeger because the laws of physics don't apply anymore.
>>
>>30154731
Don't the US navy have railguns and stealth ships now?
>>
a knife
>>
>people live on land
>long range aircraft exist for physical goods and people
>satellites exist for data
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlKao_Pox5A
>>
>>30154731
>no nukes, the public is watching and negative perception is a great concern

Sure. I'll make a press statement that extreme problems should require extreme measures, but we can't use nukes due to feelings. Therefore, prepare to suffer thousands of dead and billions in damage. Remember, we could have avoided all this by sticking a W80s into whale carcasses 1000 miles out at sea, but boo hoo hoo.

(I secretly just want to nuke a giant shark)
>>
Fuck the public

nuke em
>>
I build an even gianter Roy Scheider
>>
>destroying shipping
I dont care then, I'm a protectionist
>>
>>30154731
Megalodons are animals and wont do shit.

Stop watching Michael Bay movies, fag
>>
>>30155038
Megaldons don't need to come up for air. You'll need some kind of bait.
>>
>>30156265
True but a shark of that size would need massive amounts of oxygen to live, and would probably have to spend a lot of time near the surface or in shallower water where there is a higher concentration of dissolved oxygen in the water. Kinda like how fish in tanks without an o2 pump/bubbler sometimes sip air from the surface.
>>
>>30155883
this
>>
>>30154731
The lack of oxygen in the Ocean now as opposed to when they were around, suffocates them hours after their first appearance.

Global Warming:1
Megalodon:0
>>
File: 410_rainy_1.png (292 KB, 409x648) Image search: [Google]
410_rainy_1.png
292 KB, 409x648
>>30154731
>thinly veiled Kantai Collection thread

wew lads
>>
File: cat-food.jpg (166 KB, 1000x573) Image search: [Google]
cat-food.jpg
166 KB, 1000x573
>>30154731
answer is obvious
for big fish we need big cats
>>
>>30154731
>thinly veiled Arpeggio thread

Who is best bote?
>>
>>30157081
implying they need that much oxygen if they take it easy.
>>
Kongou is best boat.
>>
>thinly veiled shark shaming thread
srrly OP?
>>
>>30154827
Not really.

They would just poison the sharks with garbage.
>>
File: nuke-a-shark-they-said.jpg (212 KB, 600x774) Image search: [Google]
nuke-a-shark-they-said.jpg
212 KB, 600x774
>>30155870
>I secretly just want to nuke a giant shark
>>30155883
>>
>>30155883
The shark or the public?
>>
>>30158139
what difference does it make?
>>
>>30158139
>no more public
>shark is no longer anyones problem

>no shark
>shark is no longer problem

let's flip a coin
>>
Have the subs just yankee search their asses until they die.
>>
>>30154731
Are you using Megalodons as an example of danger in the sea? Because, megalodons are just big sharks, they are not any threat to ships or large boats... Not only would they not be interested in attacking, but they pose no threat to large ships.
>>
>>30158207
>suppository subs
Is that why they have that phallic shape?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.