[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Carbines
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
Hello /k/,

I'm looking into getting a semi-automatic carbine for self defence and target shooting since they're legal in my country (full rifles aren't, which is bizarre). Are there are any particular carbines that anyone might recommend for a new shooter? My price range is below £1000, by the way.

Thanks for any help
>>
File: 1464184960855.jpg (126 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1464184960855.jpg
126 KB, 1600x1200
>>30149486
Pic related is great
>>
>>30149486
What european SSR do you live in and what's the legal definition of carbine? I'd just recommend an AR15 unless prices are upside down there.
>>
>>30149545
Isle of Man. Legally speaking it's a bit murky since there's very little information online, however I have gotten confirmation from gun owners I know that some people own proper carbines and have them defined as carbines on their licence forms, whatever that means.

Prices are all over the place since a lot of the time you need to import stuff through the UK, and apparently they don't like people shipping 'prohibited' weapons through their country.
>>
>>30149580
Hm, pistol caliber only maybe? I don't know anything about Isle of Man but I believe in Northern Ireland you can have pistol caliber carbines under a certain length. I guess an M1 Carbine then, or a 9mm AR perhaps.

I thought you could own anything on the Isle of Man including full auto, that sucks.
>>
>>30149708
You can own burst fire rifles. But you need to be so well-connected with the police and government that it's borderline impossible. Thankfully we're not as bad as the UK, and anyone over the age of 17 can own firearms, which is pretty good.
>>
>>30149580
Home defense on the isle of man?

What are you afraid of your only neighbor?
>>
File: 8.jpg (167 KB, 1920x798) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
167 KB, 1920x798
>>30149732

Chiappa makes an M1 clone in 9mm if you could somehow get one.
>>
>>30150060
One must always be on the lookout for foreign aggression.
>>
>>30150101

You guys aren't taking in any muzzies are you?
>>
>>30150080
looks kawaii as fuck
>>
>>30150080
as sweet as that seems chiappa screwed the pooch by making it horribly unreliable
>>
Lever Action. Since you manually have to reload after each shot, you can use one of those. Still having ~10 shots in the mag, and put out shots quite fast.
>>
>>30150180

I've heard you can tune it to be more reliable in the feeding department with a bit of polishing. Truthfully, you should have to do that. Still, it's unique.
>>
>>30149580
You can keep pistol on the Isle of Man, just get one of those if you;re relegated to pistol calibers and cartridges. Much easier to get around corners with, and pistol target shooting is it's own sport (and a challenging one, at that).
>>
>>30150136
No, and any refugees that turn up are sent back.

>>30150352
I'll probably end up doing this instead.
>>
>>30150080
If you like garbage.
>>
If you still want a carbine, nab a Leltec Sub 2000 or the Hi-Point carbine. Hi-Point as always is ugly as sin but functional and you can get large mags with some basic filing.
>>
desu your best option is going full 'murica and getting a surplus m1 carbine if possible or a lever action.
The lever action will probably be a lot easier to get through bongland.
Or if richfag somehow get an mp5 clone for cool points.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.