[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
XC1 or X300 for a carry Glock 19?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 14
File: Ocab-20151016-195837-1200.jpg (406 KB, 1200x901) Image search: [Google]
Ocab-20151016-195837-1200.jpg
406 KB, 1200x901
XC1 or X300 for a carry Glock 19?
>>
I was *literally* just wondering about this.
>>
>>30120397
The XC1 obviously.
>>
File: tumblr_o4van96pcK1tehjt4o1_1280.jpg (140 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4van96pcK1tehjt4o1_1280.jpg
140 KB, 1280x853
X300 is just generally too big to carry with, especially appendix. I haven't had too much of an opportunity to play around with different holster options for the XC1, but the few that I have tried out have been nice.
>>
Have an XC1 on my G20 and I love it
Put it on my friends G19 and it looked great, he's going to get one after being against lights on cc weapons since forever
>>
File: 1454738002688.jpg (605 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
1454738002688.jpg
605 KB, 1200x800
>>30120397
XC1 definately. It's more underpowered but with the dimensions and negligable weight, it's perfect for the 19. There's pretty much no reason not to get an XC1 for conceal carry if you can fit one on.

t. someone who recently got an X300 Ultra
>>
File: 2016-05-23 16.29.09.jpg (1 MB, 2843x1599) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-23 16.29.09.jpg
1 MB, 2843x1599
>>30120397
X300 is pretty big.
I'd go xc1
>>
>>30120498
Man, I can't carry appendix comfortably even with a holster designed specifically for it, even while standing/walking, and I don't have a gut. With a light on I'd have to carry OWB 3 o'clock or IWB 5 o'clock... probably the former.
>>
Neither.

WML on a CCW gun is stupid. Exactly how much night/dark building clearing are you doing in your daily life again? Actually, before getting there, do you even know how to properly employ the light?

>inb4 most defensive shootings happen in low light meme
>>
>>30120397
Have both. For carry on a Glock19 you want the XC1, unless you intend to engage a bunch of targets at >50 yards outside in total or near total darkness.

This video does a good job showing you the throw outdoors at distance. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlGz6NMpSvk

Inside they're about the same but the XC1 is a wider throw and doesn't have the center hotspot. Overall it lights up interior rooms a little better, although the X300 is bright enough that if shine it in a white ceiling it'll illuminate the room fairly well. For the weight and general use of a carry gun the XC1 makes more sense.
>>
>>30120533
IS THAT A MR73
>>
>>30120511
>>30120498
The ability for the X300 to act as a standoff device to keep your muzzle from going out of battery at point-blank range isn't a factor for you two?
>>
>>30120569

>standoff device

kek

This fucking board...
>>
>>30120569
The fuck is this mallninja shit lmao

what? do you carry a tourniquet on you along with your edc?
>>
>>30120537
Once I started carrying appendix, I have a hard time carrying any other way, and that is a G19 with a threaded barrel and an RMR.

>>30120547
>implying
>>
>>30120569
What are you talking about? srs question.
>>
>>30120564
>Overall it lights up interior rooms a little better, although the X300 is bright enough that if shine it in a white ceiling it'll illuminate the room fairly well.
In a typical residential house you can adequately ceiling bounce a light to illuminate a room pretty well--certainly well enough to move about in or do a basic search in--with less than 10 lumens. The weapon lights have a lot more than that, even factoring in logarithmic receiving of lumens to the eye.
>>
>>30120583

He's talking about how little he knows about grappling and proper retention shooting.

(Many semi-automatic handguns will go out of battery if you press them into somebody like a fucking idiot. A standoff device is something that extends past the slide and prevents this)
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 1023x682) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 1023x682
>>30120569
If that's your concern then get pic related and still use the XC1. Best way to guard your virginity at the mall.
>>
>>30120583
TrayTray and Big Mike Brown both had their bodies shoved up against the gun that shot them, preventing the slide from returning to battery.

ZimZam couldn't have gotten off a second shot if he'd had to, and Wilson at one point couldn't shoot either.
>>
>>30120601
Holy sh*t...do they make this for a jagdkommando ...?
>>
>>30120597
Again having tested it with both its really only viable with the X300 as the spill from the XC1 is wide enough to illuminate a room on its own. The X300 is quite a bit narrower but works very well reflecting off the ceiling. Noticeably more so than with the XC1
>>
>>30120599
Thank you. Sounds a little too CQD/high speed for me.
>>
>>30120601
Dude that's awesome where do I buy one of those

Imagine pulling that out of your holster at the range and casually punching holes in paper without making any big deal about the knife sticking out of the front of your gun
>>
I don't understand this standoff device autism. If you pull your gun at literal body contact range, why would you expect your adversary not to grab the slide and take it out of battery? The situation in which you can get the gun into action, but also have to contend with contact shots, but also don't have to worry about someone just grabbing the slide is a tiny tiny niche. Learn to use a proper retention shooting position, learn to grapple and get positional dominance, and learn to tap rack one handed.
>>
>>30120623

Brown grabbed Wilson's gun and, per Wilson's description, ended up taking the slide out of battery. It wasn't shoved into him.

Zimmerman is a classic example of somebody with poor decision-making skills and no real training somehow coming out mostly OK.

Both of them took their guns out at inappropriate times (i.e. neither had control over the limb closest to the gun prior to going for their guns).
>>
>>30120636
Forgot my signature

Medically retired veteran, US Postal Service 1999-2002
FBHO
Cogito ergo armatium sum
>>
>>30120623
>Big Mike Brown both had their bodies shoved up against the gun that shot them
I understand Trayvon but how did the cop let Big Dindu Brown get that close to him? Wasn't he killed trying to close the gap on the cop and took one to the head only after a few to the body.
>>
File: militaryFOUR_tn_2 2.jpg (22 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
militaryFOUR_tn_2 2.jpg
22 KB, 225x225
>>30120659
That's not funny, you fr*ck.

I'm a combat veteran.
>>
>>30120658
shivworks bro?
>>30120662
cop was in the car, at first the altercation was big mikey striking him and then an altercation over the gun occurred when wilson drew from inside the vehicle.
>>
>>30120601
If the Ferguson cop had one of these Brown never would have tried to grab his gun
>>
>>30120662

The initial encounter happened while Wilson was still seated in his vehicle. Wilson got the shit beat out of him there, ended up going to his gun, struggle ensued over that, gun was fired twice while still in the car.

The hands up don't shoot the charging dindu meme came later.

>>30120684

Yup.
>>
>>30120680
thank u 4 ur cervix
>>
I have the XC1 on a G19 in the nightstand, but I've always liked lasers for CCW. Fwiw I'm happy with the XC1 but I've never had to use it for real (and hope i never do).

If you have to draw your CCW on somebody the laser will (a) scare the shit out of them to where they'll probably gtfo, and (b) acquire the target quicker, especially in low light (not a meme, you're more likely to need your CCW at night). Aiming with sights in low light and under stress can be a gamble, but putting a dot on someone's chest is a no-brainer.
>>
>>30120709
What??
>>
>>30120733
Why not both? Specifically an XC1 and a Crimson Trace grip laser?
>>
File: operatorme.jpg (51 KB, 436x800) Image search: [Google]
operatorme.jpg
51 KB, 436x800
>>30120733
>If you have to draw your CCW on somebody the laser will (a) scare the shit out of them to where they'll probably gtfo

Definately brother. I keep my 590A1 (reliable as h*ck) by my bedside with a Surefire X400 on it.

You'll sh*t your pants if you heard the pump sound of a shotgun and a laser beamed up on your chest if you get caught sneaking in my wife's house ;-)
>>
>>30120569
This is actually a legitimate concern in close quarters. The late Pat Rogers told me that during the one class I took with him.
Now I have both, have concealed both, and used both (not in defense)
The XC1 is far better for concealed carry, and for ultra close range it works wonders. Oh course the ultra is going to beat it in raw output, but at the cost of a larger footprint in your pants.
I alternate between the two and could justify both, but I strongly believe that a majority of you would strongly prefer the XC1
>>
>>30120733

>(not a meme, you're more likely to need your CCW at night).

That is certainly true. The part that people don't get is that "during the hours of darkness" =/= no/little illumination. Suburban and urban America is rather well-lit at night.

The laser can be a great sighting aid if you put in the time to learn it. I wouldn't bet on it as an intimidation tool, however.
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 1092x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 1092x800
>>30120636
Sadly no

>>30120646
I think it's discontinued. It's a CZ pistol bayonet if you wanna scrounge eBay.

These babies are still available though.
http://www.meleemods.com/
>>
>>30120772
That and if Tyrone is trying to mug you, he wants you to be able to see his gun or knife, so you know he means business.
>>
>>30120684
>>30120706
Oh ok. I knew about the initial encounter in the car and the fight that ensued. Couldn't he then just cleared the gun and fired on Brown again? At that point he's beaten up a cop and gone for his firearm, pretty sure he could've just shot him then?
>>
>>30120755
My normal CCW is just a shield 9 with crimson trace green laserguard. (Highly recommend, btw, bright af even in daytime.) Wouldn't mind having both but no rail.
>>
>>30120785
He tried but did not do a great job. Hence the getting out of the car and the whole political mess that ensued.
>>
File: IMG_20150801_215324072.jpg (2 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150801_215324072.jpg
2 MB, 4160x2340
>>30120764
>Based Pat Rogers
Sucks losing such amazing MCLMMs
>>
>>30120795
Thanks for filling me in on the details, anon. I was busy as fuck between working full-time and night classes I just had a vague idea of that whole bullshit mess. I wonder if practicing on working on clearing malfunctions in confined spaces i.e. patrol car would've helped. I'm not trying to mon morning qb just interesting if they teach stuff in those academies or even private classes like Haley, P Mac ect
>>
>>30120785

Not really, no.

His justification for the initial shots was his head being bashed against the car + a possible gun grab. He's still got the gun and he's no longer being bashed into the car, so his justification was gone while Brown was running.

There's a legal justification for shooting a fleeing felon (which at that point Brown most definitely was). Per Wilson's testimony, he didn't meet it. The charging that came later is a borderline case, but it is clear that Brown advanced on him.
>>
>>30120772
>>30120784
Nevermind, I thought we were talking about lights. That said at typical mugging distances you barely need any sighting devices at all, you can take those shots off index, although you probably wouldn't want to. I think Tom Givens has a pretty good point when he says tritium sights are not strictly necessary.
>>
>>30120828
>but it is clear that Brown advanced on him.
Couldn't that have been it? He already showed prior intent and was(more than likely being told to stop, get on the ground) ignoring commands so he fired at him. Seems pretty simple if a guy that size is returning to finish the job and your less lethal isn't really an option.
>>
File: image.jpg (234 KB, 900x830) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
234 KB, 900x830
>>30120774
Unfortunately it looks like Manly Industries website is "down for maintenance" so the status of this brilliant idea is unknown.
>>
>>30120871
>down for maintenance since I can't click the mouse to update the site after I tried reloading with my own product
>>
>>30120834

He's not wrong. I still prefer at least a tritium front sight, because there are places where the sights are difficult to see even though I can still ID what I want to shoot at. However, the "OMG we need lights and lasers and tritium because 99.999998% of shootings happen in pitch darkness" meme is a bit overplayed.

>>30120845

That's what was used to justify the later shots, yes. I was referencing shooting Brown while he was moving away from the vehicle. Had Brown continued to flee, there would have been no further justification for lethal force absent some additional information.

Merely ignoring commands to stop, even after committing an assault, isn't enough to justify the shooting. Charging the guy you just beat the shit out of after trying to take his gun? Yeah, probably.
>>
>>30120834
>I think Tom Givens has a pretty good point when he says tritium sights are not strictly necessary.
I've heard that recently, about how if it's bright enough to not need a light you won't need them, and if it's dark enough to need the light, you'll see your sights backlit against the light to aim with them anyways.
>>
>>30120889
>I was referencing shooting Brown while he was moving away from the vehicle.
My mistake.
>Merely ignoring commands to stop, even after committing an assault, isn't enough to justify the shooting.
Haha sorry yeah my post maybe implied that but I didn't think you could just shoot someone fleeing, unless in TX(that old guy who shot at his neighbors burglars that were Mexican dudes), but if he was coming back at me, I would've rolled the dice in court and shot the guy.
>>
>>30120569
Lol, learn to shoot from retention if you want to be a mallninja so bad.
>>
>>30120918

>I would've rolled the dice in court and shot the guy.

And you could probably articulate that to a jury if need be.

I'd suggest Andrew Brianca's The Law of Self Defense and Massad Ayoob's Deadly Force if you'd like to learn a bit more on the subject. Both books have a ton of good info on the subject (general principles, not state-specific). Or, obviously, consult with an attorney in your state.
>>
>>30120623
Trayvon and Mike brown Grabbed the guns. Thats why they didn't cycle.
>>
File: image.jpg (9 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9 KB, 270x270
>>30120871
One finally item for >>30120569
Paul Howe and XS have you covered if you decide you'll be using your X300 for a standoff device. Originally a glass breaker but they also market it as a standoff device for people like you.
>>
>>30120977
>And you could probably articulate that to a jury if need be.
After speaking to my lawyer(s) I'm more than sure I could.
>I'd suggest Andrew Brianca's The Law of Self Defense and Massad Ayoob's Deadly Force if you'd like to learn a bit more on the subject.
Thank you, I'll do my best to check that out, Massad has some good reading material out there.
>>
>>30121026
You know I really like those express sights that XS makes but this is making me cringe, HARD.
>>
If anyone is looking for a good deal on an XC1, use coupon code "NITELIGHT" to snag one for $215.99.

http://www.skarms.com/accessories-11/flashlights/surefire-xc1.html

>>30121048
It makes sense for LE Use. It isn't a standoff device so much as it is a glass breaker to smash out windows.
>>
>>30121109
Maybe, but they literally call it the Glass Assault Tool.
>>
File: 1459861785587.png (83 KB, 790x773) Image search: [Google]
1459861785587.png
83 KB, 790x773
>tfw you bought a Surefire X300 without the enhanced locking system

This 6 point screw thing is fucking AIDs
>>
>>30121109
Botach Tactical has them listed for about $190, though I've heard a few bad things about dealing with them. Not the Jew thing, but the "yeah we took your money but WHOOPS no inventory, please wait for months until we get it in, and if you want your money back we'll drag feet". Happened to a friend and I've heard it happening to others, meanwhile other people love them. I dunno.
>>
File: aplg30.jpg (244 KB, 816x612) Image search: [Google]
aplg30.jpg
244 KB, 816x612
>>30120397
While I don't have an X300, I tried carrying with an APL which is similar in size. At least with the G30 it just ended up being really bulky and I didn't care for it.

I may pick up an XC1 to try that.
>>
>>30121143
Botach is hit or miss, but more often than not miss than hit. I've been fucked on a few items, and have known quite a few people who have had the same experience.

The crazy low prices are made up for with shit service.

Just marked the coupon code down more; couldn't hit the $190 price point, but can do $200 even. I can guarantee that they in stock, however, and will ship out tomorrow.
>>
>all this hate for asking a simple question about standoff stuff that the revolverfags bring up constantly
Well at least I know better now
>>
>>30120845
no, he was walking home from a Mensa meeting and decided to stop off at the local candy store to procure some treats for the disabled orphans of a KIA navy seal that lived next to him.

As he walked down the street he was delayed when he stopped to help a blind old lady cross the a busy intersection.

Just so happens that the rabid racist cop saw him helping the poor old white lady and mistook it for a robbery. He yelled "get your daaaymn hands off era ya filthy nigger!" As he pointed his pistol. Michael Brown (esq) immediately put his hands up and said "sir please don't shoot sir." The racist homophobic white supremacist cop then immediately shot brown 16 times in the chest at point blank range, reloading to shoot him twice more in the back of the head.

Really makes you think.
>>
>>30121404
That explains everything
>>
What about a Streamlight TLR-1 HL for Glock 19 CCW?
>>
>>30121434
I have the regular TLR1 on my g21 and it's great.
>>
>>30121404
I've become a #CruzMissile after reading this post
>>
>>30120565
Nah. It's a forehand arms shitter
>>
>>30120547
I'm reading a book right now about living through the financial crisis in argentina, guy says at night he wished to god he had a wml on his pistol, because he'd hear criminals attack someone, then just have dark figured sprint past him and he had no way to figure out who they were until they were too close to defend against.
>>
>>30121911
Sounds like Ferfal's stuff. You have a .pdf?
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.