[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mechanized infantry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: Sedeyn Ritchie ©-5156.jpg (244 KB, 900x599) Image search: [Google]
Sedeyn Ritchie ©-5156.jpg
244 KB, 900x599
First , excuse my English
I'm thinking about enlisting as a squad leader , Mechanized infantry next year .
Is this a good idea ?

pic related , Belgian army Mechanized infantry
>>
>>30114271
You should take this to /meg/
>>
>>30114271
are you from belgium if so, i wish you the best of luck with the medical exam which i failed...
>>
>>30115083
Yes I saw the requirements , and why did you fail?
>>
>>30114271
Belgian army isn't that great.

But I'd do tank or artillery if I had to go army.
>>
>>30115521
Yea , but for a army of that size and with that budget they are doing fine
( I'm dutch )
>>
>>30115083
well most of the medical tests are fine(2 years ago) or atleast you should not encounter any suprises at except for the X-ray. they told my back wasen't good enough (spondylose of zoiet). most of the people who failed their tests was due to some spinal problem and that is permanent disqualification. i should of went "in beroep" against their conclusion but i diden't which i regred a lot.

>>30115521

pretty sure we don't have any tanks so mechanized infantry is going to be as armored as it gets.
>>
>>30115654
>spondylose of zoiet

Hate it when that happens
>>
>>30115685
yhea and sadly is does not "unhappen"
>>
>>30115727
Shit , I already have it bad enough to keep my back right ( mijn rug recht houden ) , time to do something about it I guess
>>
>>30115831
well, just be as carefull with your back as possible and sit straight up, not that much you can do about it. also try not to be tall, won't help u at all from what i heard
btw are dutch or just flemish?
>>
>>30115919
Mother is from the Netherlands and dad from brussels , they moved to East Flanders when I was born so I speak French and dutch
>>
>>30115919
By the way my grand pa ( father side ) is from morocco , do you think I will have any problem in the Belgian army because of me being arab ?
>>
>>30116013
its good that you speak french because from what i have heard is that you will need (at least at the KMS)
>>30116036
i don't know. haven't seen any arab soldiers yet but then again i'm not in the military . while infantrymen aren't exactly know for being the smartest guys around i woulden't worry about it to much if i were you but then again i would not know what racism feels like
>>
>>30114271
go for it, nothing like serving your country senpai
>>
>>30116252
Ok thx m8
>>
>>30116284
best of luck
>>
>>30114271
The chances of you getting hired as an NCO is very very very low. There aren't many spots open and you have to compete with a lot of people. You need a very high score on the IQ/reaction test. (A score of 13/20 or higher is needed to get a good chance)

Give it a try but I highly suggest that you prepare a plan B to study something in university or "hoge school".
>>
>>30116538
Yea , I'm 18 now but when I finish high school I will be able to either do university or join military academy .
Got a good iq do
>>
>>30116036
Almost certainly you will in many specialties, you should have no problem being a paper bitch or a mechanic
>>
>>30116695
Yep , thats too bad :/
>>
File: ptsd2.jpg (28 KB, 320x231) Image search: [Google]
ptsd2.jpg
28 KB, 320x231
>>30116695
>tfw you know your future in the military is already fucked up because of the color of your skin
>>
Do most countries give soldiers an option between mechanized and light infantry? In the US it's grouped in the same specialty, which is kind of funny given that at one point (in the marines) you could choose what weapons system you wanted in a infantry squad.
>>
most countries probably still have a regimental system, with a 'mechanized infrantry regiment' where they all specialize in that trade and have long tradition in it
>>
>>30114271
>enlisting as a squad leader
Well you might get into a tank or similar human vaporizing device, but it's up to leadershit to decide if you're a leader.
Just saying mang.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.