[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Field Strip" knife tech/Knife Care
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
It seems Ken Onion has teamed up with CRKT to release a knife with "field strip" technology. Pic and vid related; what does /k/ think of it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixLvgSZJ0es

Also, how does /k/ care for their knives and the sheaths they rest in?
>>
get a fixed blade
>>
>>30108906
Yeah it's a great idea.
>>
>>30108906
So they finally made a folding knife that you don't need tools to take apart?
>>
>>30108906

most of the time i've needed to rinse out my folding knives, running the entire thing under water or immersing it and giving it a few strong taps have done the job. it's a neat idea, but it's a bit of a solution looking for a problem.
>>
>>30108957
unless you want a modular knife....
>>
>>30108964
>buy locking handle of your choosing
>install favorite euroshit steel blade of your choosing
>install custom dick grips for extra gripping

Good idea, from multiple manufacturers too!
>>
>>30108906
I don't like the wheel. Probably a better way to accomplish this.
>>
>>30108936
Yes; they have. I'm not sure if Ken Onion or CRKT. were the driving force behind the idea but CRKT. is claiming it is a huge innovation. At the price-point it is at I wouldn't mind picking one up to be my new fruit-cutter.
>>
This
>>
>>30108906
I keep my knives simple, a solid piece of machined steel.
>>
File: steveharvey_annoyed.gif (3 MB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
steveharvey_annoyed.gif
3 MB, 700x394
>>30109008
If you're going to "this" a post at least give the digits of the post you're "this"-ing.
>>
>>30108957
This. Knives with flow through design basically leave this irrelevant. Though it is still pretty neat.
>>
>>30108993
>$150
>aus 8
you're doing it very wrong
>>
>>30108957
>>30109155
Is there a situation where this might be more useful than a flow-through? Maybe when cutting certain materials?
>>
>>30109215
Maybe, if it's super fine materials that get into the pivot or lock, if it's a complicated lock. But I would recommend having a fixed blade instead if that's what you're dealing with.
>>
>>30108906
Vrkt backbwith another retarded idea.whats next? A knife with a built in solar powered flashlight?
>>
>>30108906

A modern knife will last a lifetime

They have to come up with increasingly retarded gimmicks for the hoarders keep buying knives.
>>
Btw if you didnt know be advised.

It is known that CRKT shills on 4chan
>>
>>30112433
Source?
>>
>>30112466

Multiple knife threads, mostly /out/

Morakniv also does this.

Never trust suspicious posters replying to CRKT topics
>>
>>30113408
because advertising on a website full of racist pedophiles with serious distrust of the government or anyone with an agenda is known to garner a boon of new buyers

nobody advertises on 4chan because no legitimate company would get caught dead associating with 4chan
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.