[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Five-Seven
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: five-seven.jpg (429 KB, 1737x1179) Image search: [Google]
five-seven.jpg
429 KB, 1737x1179
Is it a meme gun, or should I buy one?
>>
>>30103994
100% meme. If you want a 5.7 gun get the ps90, same fucking price too
>>
>>30103994
Looks and feels like an airsoft gun but it shoots a cool round. If you have spare money and you're just picking it up for the fuck of it go ahead and buy it.
>>
>>30103994
The only people I see talking about them seriously are the ones who learned about them through video games. For people who know even a little bit about guns, there are a lot of negatives and very few positives. If you're a collector who just needs every unusual firearm you can acquire, then that would be the main legitimate reason to buy one.
>>
>>30104019
I personally like unusual firearms.
It's fun to go shooting and let other people try guns they have never seen or always wanted to try etc
>>
>>30104041
>let other people try
5.7 is expensive, anon.
>>
>>30103994
What it mainly comes down to is that lead core 5.7 isn't very effective out of a pistol. The gun's manual safety is in an unusual location and there's a lot of plastic in the construction (including on the slide, which is bizarre), but those things don't make the gun inherently bad. Capacity is good for the size, true, but most people won't appreciate this aspect, due to the ammo making it cost-prohibitive for plinking, and the caliber's effectiveness making it sub-optimal for self defense.

>>30104041
If you can afford to drop like $1200 for a gun purely for the uniqueness factor, then more power to you.
>>
>>30104054
>>30104057
Not saying this gun, just in general. But same ammo as the ps90 so not like i'm buying extra ammo

Not saying dumb a full mag. 2-5 shots is still fun
>>
I don't get why this doesn't catch on.

It's the NATO standard that is supposed to replace 9mm.

Are FN being fags with licensing?
>>
>>30103994
>Is it a meme gun
yes
>should I buy one
If you have a 5.7x28 rated 22 suppressor, then you should buy a fiveseven.
>>30104122
>Are FN being fags with licensing?
Yes
>>30104009
>get the ps90
Do you have an SOT class 2? No? Do you know how depressing a semiauto PS90 is?
>>
>>30104054
I bought a DEagle brand DEagle 50Africaneliminator last year

>Go to range
>Blast 1 round downrange with the 50AE
>Several people go "holy fuck"
>Offer to let each of them fire one round
>Everyone LOVED it
>Fast $30 gone in 1.5 magazines
>Still had an awesome day
>Everyone thanked me a ton

That's why you buy weird-ass firearms. Not because they're meme-guns, but because you can make a lot of smiles with it if you're not a huge faggot
>>
>>30106416
Are you the guy who buys expensive cars to show them off too?
>>
>>30106416
Thank you for agreeing with me.
And most people off to let you shoot something they have.
Let's you try out a fuckton of guns and starts conversations
>>
>>30103994
Quite the meme gun. It even fires 5.7 millimeme.
>>
>>30106446
Showing off is different then "sharing"

It would be more like buying an expensive car and letting your friends have fun with it too.
>>
>>30106460
I am okay with this
>>
>>30106475
Yep, I would rather go shooting with friends where everyone brought a completely unique or different gun.

Then 10 people show up with AR's of various brands. But that is just me
>>
>>30106448
No problem man

>>30106446
I don't show shit off. Let me give you a life lesson...

>Save up, buy something nice
>Show it off
>Everyone hates you

>Save up, buy something nice
>Offer to let someone else in on the joy
>Everyone still hates you, but not as much

I have owned some very expensive cars, bikes, guns, etc. Worked hard for everything. Often found my car tires slashed, things stolen, etc.

Started downplaying everything.

>"Dude, holy shit look at that car"
>"Oh, this? Trust me, it's not as cool as you'd think?"
>"WTF? WHY???"
>"It's expensive to maintain, lots of small problems, high taxes... Never buy one man"
>"Really?"
>"Not kidding. It's fun to romp on, but beyond that it's more stress than it's worth."

People seem to respect that.

If I bring an expensive gun to the range, I do the same thing.

>"Holy shit that must be fun"
>"It is, but I only take it out once a year- not made of money haha"
>"How much is it per round?"
>"Eh, $3 or so. Want to fire a couple?"
>"Sure but I don't have any money on me."
>"Nah- take a few on me."

There's a difference between being modest, appreciative, honest, and being an arrogant shitpile.
>>
>>30103994
Both.
>>
DON'T YOU DARE GET THAT MEME SHIT.

FNX45 is a much better option for the price.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.