[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SERE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: behind-enemy-lines.jpg (224 KB, 1330x748) Image search: [Google]
behind-enemy-lines.jpg
224 KB, 1330x748
How does one into SERE? Tips & tricks from SERE graduates or instructors appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Unquj6uVwww
>>
>find friendly civpop
>ask them for food, shelter and tier daughter for the night
>strut off the next morning
>highfive some assholes when you get back
>>
>tfw I will never torture cadets
>>
Just join the Air force and be an aircrew job like I am. After my hella long tech school, I get to go there.
Just be a 1A3 though, thats a cool job. 1A8 takes too long and im stuck in it
>>
I saw some good tips of 'Rescue Dawn'

Don't go into jungle without shoes.
Midget guards can be your friend.
>>
>>30103474
You can practice this in your suburban backyard, close enough to home so you don't die.
Just crawl around in circles in the backyard for 3 days eating nothing while avoid being seen by your mom.
>>
>>30103564
>hella long
>hella
Airfags, everbody
>>
>>30103474
A big thing about SERE school is learning how to operate while severely hungry. So if you want a civilian SERE school experience, don't eat for a week, don't sleep for a couple of days, crawl around outside naked in muddy gravel, and then have your friends slap you around while they hose you with ice cold water.
>>
>>30103474

Buy survival books and practice the crafts while minimalist camping, taking less and less each time (while keeping safe reserves) and there ya go.
>>
AFROTC Cadootle here, I volunteered for ESET (Academy mini-SERE) like a good little lemming. How bad did I fuck up?
>>
>>30103474
My father in law was air crew in 80's (Navy full time then NG). They did recon and he said he didn't even know where they were flying sometimes.

He got to go to SERE. He told me in his group when they were released the instructors were up in a watch tower. He said a group of Navy Seals and a couple Marines that joined them didn't run. They banded together and climbed the tower and took the instructors hostage instead.

He said he barely made it an hour. Which I tend to believe his story because usually when people lie they hype themselves up not others.
>>
>>30103564
>After my hella long tech school,
What year is this. My god.
>>
>>30103474
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAL3JXZSzSm8AlZyD3nQdBA/videos

This channel can help. Read the video descriptions, too. They have alot of information on the purpose of why he does things the way he does.

Of course most of his projects take an amount of time that you wouldn't have in a SERE situation, but having the understanding of these projects wouldn't be useful.
>>
>>30103684
Sounds like most Stag parties I've been on tbf
>>
>>30103873
I've never peen hungry at one
>>
just become a pilot or aircrew and you will go at some point, i did it as enlisted crew which is uncommon but not at all rare

it's a pretty easy school though, every pilot gets pushed through it, women and fat fuck warrants included, they teach you some stuff but most of it is common sense and basic boyscout style outdoors knowledge

the instructors are a mixed bunch from various backgrounds (mostly ex-160th FI's when I went),
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.