[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Margolin 22.LR and other such guns.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: margolin.png (119 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
margolin.png
119 KB, 300x225
Sounds like an interesting gun. Any advice when buying?

Any of you have guns specifically made for competition? Are they good?
>>
>>30103441
What kind of weapon are you talking about?
22. pistols in general?
I shot a GSP (which was ok), a Hämmerli 280 (which was amazing) and a Colt 1911 clone by Walther (which was kinda shit)
>>
>>30103508
I mean sports guns. Are they worth buying for someone who just wants to go to the range.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2447) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2447
>>30103441
Spesifically .22 pistols or match guns in general?
I've got a few decent match guns.
>Marlin 2000L
>Savage 12 BVSS
>custom savage 10 setup for Palma
>custom remshit XR100 setup for <300 open sight club comps
> custom shop Colt anaconda that I sometimes use for silhouette & bullseye
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>30103611
So you're asking are match/competition guns worth it for someone who only goes to the range?

My answer is yes, if you have the desire to shoot well and the willingness to work for that skill then why not have the most accurate arm you can.
It's all relative, learn how to shoot and reload well before you drop $3200 on a custom gun. A sub $1000 rifle can get you to a point of elation with tiny groups.
>this groups was at 55yd with a $200 pellet gun and $4 Walmart pellets.
>>
>>30103441
They are decent, less and less available, since they are not producing them since long time, and parts start to get preety scarce. Super brittle firing pin is a weak point.
>>
>>30103611
Absolutely worth it, especially for beginners.
>>
>>30103611
Are you European OP?
If so I highly suggest you start with a heavy barreled .22 rifle, I've seen older Walther match rifles go for less than $600 in the states.
>>
>>30103441
If it's your first pistol, I'd say get a cheapy little .22 heritage arms single action revolver. Its single action mechanism means it's surprisingly accurate for such a cheap gun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sruOplt19hw

Hickok messin' around with it if you want more info. I love mine.
>>
>>30103441
My Hämmerli Xesse 6"
I used a Morgolian before that you get qualified for my own pistol.

They are fun little guns but i would not really recommend them.
>European mag release
>can really hurt your thumb if you use a modern grip 2handed grip with thumbs forward on the Charging wings
>>
>>30103939
if you do do that get the one with adjustable sights
cowboysights are garbage
>>
>>30103913
ex commie yurop yeah, just see margolins on gun websites quite frequently
>>
>>30104721
I live in germanistan and Margolins are sold for about 100€
>>
>>30103441
it is pretty neat, first pistol I shot in my life
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.