[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are non AR pattern rifles still allowed in the US?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
File: 1384058602834.jpg (231 KB, 1023x678) Image search: [Google]
1384058602834.jpg
231 KB, 1023x678
Why are non AR pattern rifles still allowed in the US?
>>
>>30100585
If it's gay, importing is okay
>bren
>tavor
>aug
>galil
>>
>>30100585

Well, Americans have an affinity for dog shit.
>>
>>30100638

t. noguns european
>>
>>30100585
Because some of us have class and taste.
>>
File: 1318015842533.jpg (43 KB, 500x491) Image search: [Google]
1318015842533.jpg
43 KB, 500x491
>>30100585
Why are shitposters allowed to stay on 4chan.
>>
>>30100585
because as modular and versatile as AR15's are, they are boring to shoot.
>>
>>30100667

>getting the shit beat out of me by shitcurity because i was trying to instigate a riot

smfh
>>
>>30100585
>posts image of pistol
>>
>>30100676
>not breaking into sec and stealing flashbangs
>not flashing anyone who doesn't honk back.
If you're going to clown, do it with style.
>>
>>30100585

The AR is a rifle with 60 years of development behind it, and it still comes in last in every army trial.

If the AR-15 was some rifle made in Luxembourg, nobody on this board would want one or care about them.
The only reason they're popular is because they're what the US military uses.

It's an appeal to authority rifle.
>>
>>30100696
The most memiest post on 4chan.
>>
>>30100707

Not an argument.
>>
>>30100682
Not even an AR pattern one at that.
>>
>>30100710
>last in every army trial
False. but even if it was
>le FTF after round 50001 instead of 5020 like one ofthe other rifles
>em sexteen jams from looking at dirt too hard
There is no rifle on planet earth good enough to warrant replacing it. which means it's one of the best.

maybe if you stopped being a memeswilling retard you'd be a productive poster.
>>
>>30100732

>False. but even if it was
Show me an army trial where it didn't come in last.

>le FTF after round 50001 instead of 5020 like one ofthe other rifles
>em sexteen jams from looking at dirt too hard

No idea what you're even trying to say.

>There is no rifle on planet earth good enough to warrant replacing it. which means it's one of the best.
There is no logical foundation for that.

>maybe if you stopped being a memeswilling retard you'd be a productive poster.
I'm not going to take insults from you while having to deal with your logical fallacies on top of that.
Stop it or I leave.
>>
File: draard.png (97 KB, 218x270) Image search: [Google]
draard.png
97 KB, 218x270
>>30100696
I wish I could meme as hard as you, anon!
>>
>>30100777

Not an argument.
>>
>>30100764
>Show me an army trial where it didn't come in last.
Show me one where it did. it's not at the top, but I've yet to see one where its' last.

>No idea what you're even trying to say.
This is what the Army compares between the rifles. the m16a4 had about 5000 rounds through it before a malfunction. the rifles that did better were only better by 20-30 rounds. only a retard would consider this minute gap as empirical evidence of it being the worst.

>>30100764
>There is no logical foundation for that.
That is the foundation of logic. The AR platform IS one of the best in the world. it is the rifle every other is compared to. if trails only conclude that it's competetors are only slightly better at best, and exactly the same at worst. then it's good.

In the trails done in 2013, it was found none of the rifles were satisfactory.

>Stop it or I leave.
Please hang yourself. you'll be doing the world a favor.
>>
>>30100585
Why are retard anons still allowed to make threads on 4chan
>>
File: hk416-rigged-testing.png (47 KB, 1320x421) Image search: [Google]
hk416-rigged-testing.png
47 KB, 1320x421
>muh XM8
>muh SCAR
>muh 416
>muh piston
Reminder that H&K went through great lengths to promote things for trials that was literally just conceived as a way to make Colt nervous so they could be pressured into a discount (and then they lost that contract to FN made ARs anyway).
I mean, the 416 is actually seeing sales (France might be the next buyer), but the XM8 was a real dud.

>>30100764
>There is no logical foundation for that.
It does what a 5.56mm rifle has to do, and very well.

The AR has great inherent accuracy, resistant to dirt and fouling (contrary to le shit where it eats maymays), and is cheap due to economy of scale.

The HK416 does what the M16 does with the pointless change of a short-stroke piston, and would probably have been much more competitively priced if just designed like a normal AR from the ground up, while easily retaining the same high H&K quality. It's good, but it's not good enough to make a difference.

The SCAR is legit a good rifle, but is so overpriced that it's completely unjustifiable to replace perfectly good rifles and supply chains with, and even if it could be produced at a cost comparable to the Colt and FN M4s, it still ultimately isn't a radical enough improvement over what's already there.

The M16 is literally the best choice for the US Armed Forces, and will likely remain so until a revolution in ammunition.
>>
File: 1418982833476.jpg (7 KB, 252x240) Image search: [Google]
1418982833476.jpg
7 KB, 252x240
>AR-15 is bad
>All of it's competitors are just different flavors of AR at 2-3x the price.
>>
>>30100853

>Show me one where it did. it's not at the top, but I've yet to see one where its' last.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2007/12/19/m4-beaten-by-piston-carbines/
http://www.military.com/NewsContent/0,13319,158468,00.html

>This is what the Army compares between the rifles. the m16a4 had about 5000 rounds through it before a malfunction. the rifles that did better were only better by 20-30 rounds. only a retard would consider this minute gap as empirical evidence of it being the worst.

Still have no idea what data you're referring to.

>In the trails done in 2013, it was found none of the rifles were satisfactory.

Because they deemed a rifle that jammed on 2% of all rounds fired satisfactory.
>>
>>30100867

>Reminder that H&K went through great lengths to promote things for trials that was literally just conceived as a way to make Colt nervous so they could be pressured into a discount (and then they lost that contract to FN made ARs anyway).
Source this claim.

>The AR has great inherent accuracy,
Rendered irrelevant by the low standards of accuracy required for M855A1 ammo.
http://www.gunsandammo.com/uncategorized/m855a1-should-it-be-the-new-round-for-soldiers-and-marines/
5.5 MOA to be exact.

>resistant to dirt and fouling (contrary to le shit where it eats maymays), and is cheap due to economy of scale.
Yet it always places last when pitted against other rifles.

>It's good, but it's not good enough to make a difference.
First of all, that's subjective,
second of all, that's an acknowledgement that the AR is inferior to it.

>The SCAR is legit a good rifle, but is so overpriced that it's completely unjustifiable to replace perfectly good rifles and supply chains with, and even if it could be produced at a cost comparable to the Colt and FN M4s, it still ultimately isn't a radical enough improvement over what's already there.
Once again, arguing that it's too expensive to replace the AR does not mean the AR is good, nor does it reflect anything positive about the AR.

>The M16 is literally the best choice for the US Armed Forces, and will likely remain so until a revolution in ammunition.
No, it's the most economic choice.
>>
>>30100874

The AR is a 60 year old rifle that loses every test against those competitors.
It being cheap does not make it good.

By that argument, the AK is the greatest rifle ever, since it's even cheaper.
Right?
>>
>>30100687
Man I fucking suck at that game.
>>
>>30100732
The AR-15 froze up in Finnish trails and the US had to borrow rifles in joined exercises with Nordic countries.
The AR-15 is a good rifle, assuming you don't have to fight the Swedish or Russians.
>>
File: Diemaco C7A2.jpg (283 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Diemaco C7A2.jpg
283 KB, 1600x1200
>>30100900
>Source this claim.
The unofficial goal of most US trials is to pressure current contractors on pricing, I doubt they seriously considered the XM8 or 416 for even a second.

>Rendered irrelevant by the low standards of accuracy required for M855A1 ammo.
>5.5 MOA to be exact.
That's if M855A1 will remain, because it mauls the fuck out of the guns and that's an issue.

>Yet it always places last when pitted against other rifles.
Not by enough of a margin to matter.
And again, economy of scale.

You're basically saying "these Ferraris are so much faster" when the car only has to be as fast as a Honda Civic

>that's subjective
No it isn't. Tell me what difference of having a 5.56mm rifle that's good quality compared to having a 5.56mm of very high quality.

>second of all, that's an acknowledgement that the AR is inferior to it.
>nor does it reflect anything positive about the AR.
The economics are a strong point, it's a very good rifle for it's cost.

>No, it's the most economic choice.
It's the BEST economic choice, it's the rifle that makes the most sense for the kind of budget we're looking at, there is no rifle design at the same price range that is as good.

>>30100911
An AK at the same price as an AR will not be as good, the AK's strongest points is that it's cheap and relatively rugged.

>>30100918
Diemaco/Colt Canada rifles are AR-15s made for arctic conditions, they would likely not have suffered the same problems, though I suspect the use of a different lube/oil for the rifles could have alleviated some problems.
>>
>>30100732
>There is no rifle on planet earth good enough to warrant replacing it
There is plenty of better rifles though. It's just not economical to replace "good enough" AR's. Which doesn't mean they should be worshipped like something special.
>>
>>30101129
>Diemaco/Colt Canada rifles are AR-15s made for arctic conditions, they would likely not have suffered the same problems, though I suspect the use of a different lube/oil for the rifles could have alleviated some problems.
I think it had more to do with the parts shrinking in the cold resulting the jams considering the same happened with the FAL.
The AK and Galil worked just fine in the cold.
>>
>>30100585
Because SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>>
File: Colt Canada.jpg (366 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Colt Canada.jpg
366 KB, 1600x1200
>>30101184
>I think it had more to do with the parts shrinking in the cold resulting the jams considering the same happened with the FAL.
Yeah, that's a thing that can happen, the Canadian C7 rifles and C8 carbines are all designed to especially handle really cold weather, and in my opinion, that makes them even better than the American ones.
>>
>>30100585
despite what the rest of these retards might say,
because anti-trust laws
and because it's bad for the consumer, even if it was allowed
>>
>>30101129

>An AK at the same price as an AR will not be as good, the AK's strongest points is that it's cheap and relatively rugged.

Military AKs are around $150
>>
Commie faggot
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.