[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/k/, what is the best 3.4x reticle style? I'm trying to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Bf4_2015-04-06_17-21-00-52.png (410 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Bf4_2015-04-06_17-21-00-52.png
410 KB, 1280x720
/k/, what is the best 3.4x reticle style?

I'm trying to recreate some / make my own

Personally, I love a simple dot in the middle of the scope, but it does miss out on drop/range estimation

But the problem with adding that to the reticle is it clutters up your view.

So what kind of design has the best overall combination?
>>
>3.4x
why exactly that?
>>
>>30091474
apparently it's the most common magnification for combat rifles
>>
>>30091474
cowadooty
>>
>>30091490
This pretty much
>>
>>30091490
Other than the Elcan C79 that Canada and Denmark still use. I don't know of many other optics that use 3.4x.

Dutch switched theirs for a an Aimpoint 3x magnifier, which is a similar setup to what Norway and Sweden use.

German G36s had an inbuilt 3.5x but the current issue rifle optic is a Zeiss 4x.
Export G36s were 1.5x, as are AUGs

The US and UK use 4x ACOG and Elcan Specter variants (previously there was SUSAT for the UK)
>>
>>30095853
I thought magnifiers were a meme. Why do the Nords use them instead of a fixed or variable scope?
>>
>>30095883
>Why do the Nords use them instead of a fixed or variable scope?

Because Aimpoint are Nords, probably. Politics and shit.

Seems that most troops in these countries choose to use the red-dot on its own though, and don't affix the issued magnifier very often.
>>
>>30091499
there is no 3.4x sight in any call of duty

that is battlefield 4, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>30091499
You're dumb.
>>
>>30096586
Are you seriously ass mad about that?
>>
>>30096608
Of course he is; 13-year-olds on the Internet get mad about all kinds of stupid shit.
>>
>>30095853
Think the IDF like to use Aimpoint/misc red dot with 3x magnifiers too.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.