[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /k/ thinks about...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: shemagh.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
shemagh.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
What does /k/ thinks about the shemagh, i have just buyed one and i think is okay.
Do you think this is for fags or Tacticool posers? Even if, i love wearing it.
>>
File: img032.jpg (528 KB, 1517x1001) Image search: [Google]
img032.jpg
528 KB, 1517x1001
Seems like those who wear them just want others to notice they were in the military. A good friend of mine wears one, but was just a hospital corpsman.
>>
>>30085196

It's for Walts
>>
It's field gear.
I was never in any form of Military but I wore mine on field trips as a Geology student.
It's warm, it keeps the sun off your head, it's handy and it's cheap.
Stop being so worried about what people think about you, if you like it wear it, all else can fuck off and die in a fire.
>>
>>30085442
Thank you!
>>
Mall ninja / tactical hipster stuff.
Wear a hat and proper scarf instead like the non-mudslime you are.
>>
>>30085778
But its way too hot in my country, it actually helps with cooling down
>>
>>30085196
I use it to keep the sun of the back of my neck.
>>
They are warm. Wear them when cold. I have a neck gaiter that works pretty well, but I pulled it over my head one really cold day and my friend laughed and said I looked like an uncircumcised dick. It just depends on how cold it is if you're willing to accept this. She's the one with the chronic sinus infection, not me.
>>
>>30086076
Well, technically, they can hold off the extreme cold/heat/dust from the dessert, now the neck gaiter doesn't look the best, they look uncomfortable.
>>
>>30086124
It filled the gap in my coat and hat pretty nicely but it's very warm. I shave my head so slipping it on or off isn't a problem, but the shemagh has to be more comfortable. The gaiter was just dirt cheap and water resistant.
>>
>>30085196
If you do wear one, please do not OC and wear a camo shirt. You are just making everyone else look bad.
>>
>>3008607 did u ever fukt her?
>>
>>30085196
I got one, and ended up purely using it as a motorcycle "highway filter". It's light enough for summer wear with my battered old leathers, I switch up to a wool scarf once fall and winter come around. They certainly have a use.
>>
Functional and stylish. Great part of the "Behind Hipster Lines" starter pack.
>>
>>30085196
They're alright. I wear one working or hiking in the desert in the summer. Keeps the sun off you and the dust down if it gets windy. They're a little on the tacticool side though.
>>
File: 1462875763376.jpg (97 KB, 700x471) Image search: [Google]
1462875763376.jpg
97 KB, 700x471
well now I want one. fuck
>>
>>30085196

For a while I used to think it was stupid, then I got one.

I use it all the time now. Used to use it during the winter as sort of a plug in the collar of my coat, I use it in the summer for long days under the sun, and as a mask in the fall to keep from breathing in shit.
>>
>>30085196
Shemags are awesome. One garment gives you a

>scarf
>head wrap
>face wrap
>pillow
>blanket

And it can keep you cool as well as warm. Sure, tryhard mall ninjas wear them but they're also super useful, especially if you've ever tried slinging a weapon with armor on.
>>
Shemaghs are basically utility items. You can use them for tons of stuff.
>>
There are better things to wear on your head
>>
They're useful and aesthetic, people just have an animus about them because they're associated with hipsters and sandnigs.
>>
>>30085196
Kept mosquitoes and no-see-ums off of my head during hunting season. 10/10 would wear again
>>
It's great for paintball because paintball don't break on fabric as easily as they would on a plastic mask.
>>
>>30085196
its a piece of cloth, people have been using pieces of cloth for all sorts of things for tens of thousands of years.
>>
File: 1337.jpg (550 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
1337.jpg
550 KB, 1280x1920
>>30085196
>>
>>30091822

Lol
>>
>>30085196
Tell me about OP. Why does he wear a mask?
>>
It's a scarf like any other. It's a nice one to use these not freezing but still cold mornings while cycling to work.
>>
>>30091822
When you wanted to become operator, but your mom didn't let you sign up.
>>
File: 1460677619796s.jpg (7 KB, 250x233) Image search: [Google]
1460677619796s.jpg
7 KB, 250x233
>>30091822
>tries to look like an oper8r
>uses eotech
>>
>>30085235
Nice pube
>>
>>30085196
does nothing over a regular handkerchief/bandana , but the tactical community jumped on them like it was discount magpul.

easiest way to spot the gun owner too, if you're about to rob a store or home.
>>
File: bandana_johnwayne.jpg (50 KB, 401x500) Image search: [Google]
bandana_johnwayne.jpg
50 KB, 401x500
>>30095817
And in my retardation, i forgot my picture.
>>
>>30085196
What I think, is that this is not a fashion blog.
>>
Gay as fuck to wear.

Good for operating and wearing.
(you will never operate)

I also liked to wear mine when i slept camping on cold nights
>>
>>30097772
I should clarify. Do not wear one in public unless you're a faggot hipster.

I just liked them because they offer an easy face camoflauge and slight protection from airshit guns. They are hot as fuck in the summer
>>
>>30091822
>Eotech
Because a $500 optic is totally better than putting irons on

Like fuck, put fiber optics on it and it'll be better and cost a hefty $.30
>>
They're great for things other than "operating". Things ive used mine for

> Keeping from getting burned at a job i worked at
> keeping from getting burned at a music festival
> packing up camera gear in a backpack
> Keeping my face warm/ snow out of my shit while snow boarding
> Using it for material to tie shit up
> Covering up shit in the back of my car
> Keeping from getting shit in the neck while irsofting in high school

Buy them use them for shit like you would the towel from the hitch hikers guide. YOu never know when theyll be useful
>>
>>30097785
I wear mine when I shoot out in the desert. It gets too windy for hands and they just blow off even if they're tied down it's very annoying. Have a cloth in the high desert helps so much more.
>>
Where can you get a decent quality non-Walmart tier one?
>>
>>30101821
I fucking hate when I'm alone in the desert and my hands blow off. Really difficult to reattach them without help.
>>
>>30101821

Another High desert fag here, I use mine for when im prospecting inna desert too.
>>
>>30101877
Me too. I actually lost my right arm that way. I just couldn't find it.

But at least local cops are now my range buddies.
>>
>>30101888
I bet the goddamned Jawas took it.
>>
>>30101821
>>30101877
>shooting out in the desert
>your hands get blown off
must have been using a gen1 glock
>>
>>30098607

This. They're like $5, cheap enough to use like a napkin that you secure around your neck for tactical mouth wiping, nose blowing action.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.