[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many of you guys would enlist if the military had a dedicated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
File: 1463252107217.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1360) Image search: [Google]
1463252107217.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1360
How many of you guys would enlist if the military had a dedicated motorcycle MOS?
>>
>>30075588
I would if I knew what the fuck was I doing.

Am I gonna scout things out? Then why am I not a scout MOS with bike qualification.

Am I gonna ride alongside main force on patrols, with a seat attached to the side and MG mounted ala Wehrmacht? Then why am I not a rifleman/assaulter with bike qualification?

Like, does US military have dedicated quad-bike, humvee or MRAP MOS? If so, am I just gonna be a glorified taxi/delivery boy?
>>
>>30075588
"MOS"

Lmfao
>>
>>30075588
>enlist
Never
>>
>>30075588
I would give cav guys way more points if they all rolled out on bikes instead of do everything exactly like the infantry and then claim to be better.
>>
File: 1407975505442.jpg (668 KB, 2006x1378) Image search: [Google]
1407975505442.jpg
668 KB, 2006x1378
>>30075588
Don't they?
>>
>>30075588
Obligatory video of the JSDF soldier crashing his motorcycle after a jump
>>
>>30075776
Where is he going...?
>>
File: 1437260657504.jpg (139 KB, 600x404) Image search: [Google]
1437260657504.jpg
139 KB, 600x404
>>30075588
There was actually a pretty big problem with Iraqi spotters using motorcycles. Theyd cruise up next to the FOB and check things out on their binocs.

By the time you released QRF in a bulky MRAP they were gone. So yeah id be an a motorcycle hit squad. But Motor T better be here working on them because I've got a date with Natasha Gray on my Ipod in the porter shitter even tho it's 100 degrees out. I'm gonna fap till I've sweated more than I ever have. Chug some Haterade, then let's roll.
>>
>>30075779
Here it is :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW86IO6vQkk
>>
>>30075785
The other end of the deck, duh.
>>
>>30075673
>>30075733

Did your parents have any "sons" that had a pair?

Why are you on /k/, shooting a gun may chip your pretty fingernails or dirty your fancy shoes
>>
>>30075776

Ramp carrier
Rocket propelled bike
10 mile insertion limit
Scares the shit out of the Arabs
They think it is Allah coming to earth for retribution for all of their boy fucking
>>
>>30075822
I would enlist if they told us we were going to kill jews and not fight for them.

I have no investment in the Israeli States of America
>>
>>30075733
>>30075822
>Not understanding I commissioned
>>
>>30075847

Sure thing powder puff, you keep up that tough talk.

>>30075867
>implying that ossifers are more better than enlisted
>typical ossifer

I enlisted and had to help educate your ilk until you finally pulled your heads out of your asses and got with the program.

Why do enlisted men learn from their enlisted seniors and newby officers decide to correct them?
>>
>>30076064
>assblasted NCO who couldn't make it past PO1/SSgt because lolnodegree

Odd how you have a problem teaching people who have less experience than you. That's how it works, for everybody, everywhere. The only problem with your chain of command is going to be your bad attitude.

Fix that and maybe you'll be able to lead as well as those officers will in a few years. Good luck m8
>>
Fuck yes! As long as it's not some shitheap Harley
>>
>>30076132

Jokes on you. I was a PLC enlist. Active duty during summer and went to college during the school year. Made E5 during the 4 years of summer and reserve duty. Graduated and went OCS and commissioned.

I learned alot from my "enlisted" days and was always surprised by commissioned fresh faces that always thought they new better.

There was no bad attitude from me, I held a Warrant officer billet when I was an E3. The bad attitude was the average officer who assumed attending college gave them some godlike ability to make up an answer that was better than a senior enlisted's answer that had knowledge and experience behind it.

The fact that you don't get this is proof you are a real ossifer, hopefully with time you will look back and see how wrong you were.

The good news is that it's not to late. Listen to your senior men. Let them help you and look for ways you can help them. In a few years, you will remember this post and be glad you participated. Or ignore and just be another ossifer. Good luck m8.
>>
File: groovy.gif (1 MB, 500x253) Image search: [Google]
groovy.gif
1 MB, 500x253
>>30076240
>servant leadership and being a good dude works while learning as a young PL

HOLY SHIT BATMAN
>>
>>30076240
>Marine
>Thinking E5 is senior
There it is. All Marine butter bars are cunts (as are most non-SNCO enlisted). Sorry you had shit people above you, but you're still part of the problem.

Maybe if you have kids you can have them go NROTC and not waste their time in PLC program like you did. Also try to lose the pent up enlisted salt, it doesn't translate well when you're actually held responsible for your subordinate's actions now that you're an
>ossifer
>have some respect for the position you allegedly hold
>>
File: USMC_with_a_skateboard.jpg (125 KB, 475x713) Image search: [Google]
USMC_with_a_skateboard.jpg
125 KB, 475x713
What about a skateboard mos?
>>
>>30076376
You make shitposting look like a MOS.
>>
>>30075588
why the fuck..? the term tactical flexibility mean anything to you? this thread needs to be saged and ignored.
>>
>>30075838
C-could this actually be done?
>>
>>30075776
Should weld a bar to the front of the cycle and catapult that bad boy
>>
>>30075785
AM I BEING DETAINED?
>>
>>30076340

Funny.

I worked with my share of Army and Navy officers. The USMC didn't have the monopoly on butter bars that thought they were a Webster Dictionary full of answers.

I never said E5 was senior. I did say that it reinforced what I was taught as a kid and that was to listen to those that know more than you do. I have an Electrical Engineering background but did not have practical military experience. I learned from those that do.

An E5 does have more practical military experience than a boot officer. They are also a great source to learn from. Funny you decided to imply that they were not relevant. Again, your ossifer is showing.

I had time to listen with enlisted and commissioned and what they thought of each other. In most cases, the enlisted are right. The stereotypes are true. The answer is not to snub your ossifer nose at them but to learn a better way.

I respect my fellow officers. I do not respect any ossifers I come across. I try to help them, but if unwilling to learn, then at least I know what I am dealing with.

I'm pretty sure I have seniority on you both in deployments and rank and yes, I do talk to my junior ossifers just like I am talking to you. The good news is they learn and acclimate a whole lot more efficiently.

To bad you didn't have as good of a chain of command. Still not to late to get that an "officer" doesn't mean that the learning process is over and that enlisted men can teach you just as much as a senior commissioned officer can.

Never limit your channels of gaining knowledge and experience.

You would have been better served going through a PLC program. You would have learned something you seemed to have missed.
>>
>>30075588
Don't Cav scouts and combat controllers use motorcycles fairly often when deployed?
But to answer your question, no. I feel like the military would somehow make even motorcycles not fun. I also feel like I'd never actually get to ride my motorcycle.
>>
File: sasha2.jpg (178 KB, 1196x720) Image search: [Google]
sasha2.jpg
178 KB, 1196x720
>>30076516
that's what your personal bike is for mang
>>
>>30076516
During garrison, you would all run around with broomsticks between your legs making motorcycle noises while pretend shooting with another broom stick

Note that the second broomstick may not be acquired depending on how much money your unit in question wishes to save and some may not even get a broomstick at all.

God help you if no one in your unit gets either.
>>
>>30076511
Not the guy you're arguing with but holy shit are you salty. How can you possibly think you respect your position while talking like that. You also didn't make any counter points aside from
>no u

The hell are you getting at about the PLC program teaching you more than NROTC when you don't do shit but PT and occasionally FEX outside of the summer? I'm 11 year enlisted and I've never heard an officer of any caliber (generally the ones from ROTC aren't as arrogant, usually just clueless while the PLC guys think they're now the kings of both sides of the fence) demean their own position as "ossifers".

You need to reevaluate how highly you hold your own opinion, because there's no way any NCO is going to respect you, only your what's on your collar.
>>
I thought it was CCT?
>>
>>30076511
>An E5 reservist has more practical experience than a boot officer
Please explain, considering those boot officers are taught by the same SNCOs as well as the officers present at OCS. How does the reservist experience of doing nothing more than routine administrative work give them more experience?

Give me an NCO with field experience and I will 100% agree with you. Give me someone like you who was a PLC E5, and you've got no more say than an NROTC midshipman.

>Speaking down to your subordinates
Great way to receive no respect due to your (the keynote of this entire argument) shitty attitude. You need to drop your preconceived bias that officers think they're better than you. That's why they're not going to respect what you have to say.

>Again, demeaning your own position
Have fun being a 20 year O2, if you make it that far. Start respecting yourself and the position you hold.
>>
>>30076632

Listening to people with more experience is salty?

Witnessing that part of the learning curve of new officers is not listening to those with more experience is salty?

Telling junior officers to listen to those with more experience may be considered salty, but it is common sense.

Using negative reinforcement as an example of a situation that needs improving is salty, but the military is salty.

I don't think you understand the PLC program. You are active duty every summer and a reservist during the school year. The main thing you learn is to pay attention and learn from any source that can teach you something.

The imperative of "I'm an officer so I must know everything" is removed.

You get to experience good NCOs, Warrant Officers, and Commissioned Officers and those not so good.

I knew I didn't know anything and sought out those that did.

That is what I encourage my junior officers to do.

Not sure how that is salty. Just seems like common sense, efficiency, and flattening out the learning curve.

I have no issue with dealing with NCOs or other Officers but also know that junior officers can head down the path of arrogance and ineffectiveness. Calling them ossifers is how the enlisted Marines address officers they don't respect. Letting the junior officers know this and reinforcing it is a good learning aid.

I didn't make the term ossifer up, I just learned from it.
>>
>>30076790
>O3*, since they usually cut them off at Cpt
>>
>>30076790

I was in artillery, FDC, Survey, and Forward Observer during my reserve and summer active time.

Not sure I would call that admin work. I was top grad in my artillery class so they wanted me to go on to FDC school. I was second in my class in FDC and since my emphasis was on artillery they wanted me to go through Survey school. I graduated top of my class so they enrolled me in Foward Observer school.

Even though it was only 4 years as a reservist and 4 summers of active duty, I still learned a lot of relevant skills towards my preferred MOS.

Compared to a boot officer, I was knowledgable as most E5s are. During one CAX, I had to lay a mortar and '98 battery in because their officers had trouble with their aiming circle. The trouble with one was they did not unlock the compass needle to adjust from grid to compass and the other's CO forgot to take his Ray Bans off and the metal pulled the needle out of spec.

When I graduated OCS I got an artillery position.

If identifying weaknesses and encouraging people to improve them is "talking down" than you seem very sensitive. I have been "talked down" to many times and have appreciated it as it helped me improve.

Since I'm a senior 03 I think I am good. May never make 04 as I am not very political but have enjoyed my time in the Marines and have a few more promotion selection boards to go through before deciding (or having it decided for me) how long of a career this will be.
>>
>>30076490
Underrated post.
>>
What if they had a Space Marine MOS that fly in suborbital capsules like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf_-g3UWQ04

And were equipped with powered exoskeletons
>>
>>30075588
I mean I own a KLR so why not
>>
Imagine a motorcycle with two GAU-8s

One pointing behind you for turbo, one in front for BRRRRRT
>>
>>30075588
In the Australian army if they ask if you want to do a motorbike course and you volunteer you're going to get stabbed with a shitty job
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.