[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OHIO CCL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: 250px-Flag_of_Ohio.svg.png (11 KB, 250x154) Image search: [Google]
250px-Flag_of_Ohio.svg.png
11 KB, 250x154
Ohio has become the next state to allow CCW holders to use their permit to bypass the background check when buying a firearm.
Feels good.
>>
>>30069232
Michigan doesn't drift off into the Great Lakes because why? Ohio sucks so hard.
>>
how serious is the h epidemic there? home invasions on the rise?
>>
File: Screenshot_20160526-004925.png (585 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160526-004925.png
585 KB, 1440x2560
>>30069249
I'm sorry komrade. Lived in Michigan, shit sucks. Fuck Ypsilanti.
>>
>>30069258
I don't live in the 3 cancer centers, Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati, so I wouldn't know.
>>
>>30069232
Fuck yea brother, I iust got an email from Buckeyes firearms association. This is yuuuuge. It feel really fucking good seeing these strides
>>
>>30069378
Yeah, I was happy when we got rid of those stupid magazine limits that literally no one took seriously.
>>
>>30069400
People can say what they want about Ohio but I for one am happy to be in a state this based. Next step: constitutional carry and stand your ground law. Then, Ohio will be..perfect
>>
>>30069268
At least you got to see cool air shows at Willow Run.
>>
>>30069425
Yes, I hope they continue this progress. I think the last one was Suppressed hunting legalized?
>>
>>30069447
Yes. All I want at this point is for Ohio to enact a 'stand your ground law'. Right now you have the duty to retreat, until you can't no more. That's fucked up because everybody can tell you to fuck off in a certain direction or threaten you and you need to leave like a bitch, regardless of your legal right to be there(sans the house and your car of course). Just give us stand your ground God pls
>>
>>30069497
That'd be great. I've never had to deal with that. But if someone pulls a gun and demands your wallet, you have to leave first?
>>
File: 34545656890.jpg (72 KB, 478x357) Image search: [Google]
34545656890.jpg
72 KB, 478x357
>>30069232

Feels fucking fantastic.

I guess I have to add

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBXZYx6EauU

to my list of songs I was listening to when I got freedom related news handed to me.
>>
>>30069541
In that case you can shoot him of course since your life is endangered. I should clarify: if you're in a public place and a nigger strolls over to you and tells you to get the fuck out of there or he will smash your head with a concrete filled watermelon, you have a duty to retreat rather than stay in a public place where you're otherwise legally allowed to be like everyone else. You can't just 'stand your ground'. Now, if you tell him to go fuck himself and he proceeds to attack you, you'll be in a difficult situation in the court if you defend yourself as prosecution will argue you that you needlessly escalated .
In Florida and any other syg state you are legally allowed to be wherever not specifically prohibited and have absolutely no duty to retreat when threatened. Makes sense?
>>
>>30069544
There's only one song. ONE. FUCKING. SONG. One masterpiece to listen to when we hear these happy tidings
https://youtu.be/7R5A0pg4oN8
>>
>>30069612
Yeah, I gotcha. Fingers crossed we get it soon.
>>
>>30069612
That said, the SMART thing to do is to get the fuck out of there, SYG or not. If you're willing to shoot someone over pride, you shouldn't be carrying.

The correct move is to report to the police that he just assaulted you (with a deadly weapon no less, concrete watermelons are vicious) and let the legal system handle it on the taxpayers' dime instead of on your own as you defend yourself in court.
>>
>>30069885
I'm not disputing the wisdom of moving away from the potential confrontation as that's what I would surely do, or try to do. Sometimes life isn't clear cut and potential confrontation can easily morph into a full scale assault in a blink of an eye and you want to have a law on your side when circumstances get blurred. No matter what it's always better to have a syg law then not
>>
>>30069913
Agreed. I wish my state had it.

I'm just trying to make sure people realize that SYG isn't an excuse to be stupid. That guy telling you to leave or he's going to kick your ass? He is literally giving you free instructions on how not to be involved in a fight that you don't really want to be in. The best thing to do is remember that having a gun means you need to be the bigger man and the more civilized man. Looking in the mirror each day knowing you killed someone because you were too small to swallow your pride and control your temper would be a horrible way to live.
>>
>>30069268
>>30069232

Does this only apply to potential CCWs? Or does this apply to all firearm purchases?
>>
>>30069232
Do you still have to fill out a 4473?
Im in nc and my permit counts as a background check but i still have to fillout a 4473 for some reason.
>>
File: DSC_0077.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1356) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0077.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1356
Oh great, now I get to be bitched at at work all day because it'll take eons for the higher ups to get around to making some sort of policy for this.
>>
>>30070022
>bitched out from the customer
>bitched out from the middle managers
Kek, hopefully enough angry emails gets them sorted fast.
>>
>>30070022
In nc they just dont call. They take down the permit number and have you fill out the 4473. It shouldnt be difficult.
>>
>>30070118
The store I work at won't even sell on a check that's exceeded the Brady period. Proceed or nothing. They'll fuck around with this forever, probably not even acknowledging it.
>>
File: 1463981617944.jpg (72 KB, 1080x711) Image search: [Google]
1463981617944.jpg
72 KB, 1080x711
Won't know til I buy my next fun.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.