[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /k know if anyone is making mauser c96 firing replicas?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: assault_mauser.jpg (33 KB, 752x478) Image search: [Google]
assault_mauser.jpg
33 KB, 752x478
Does /k know if anyone is making mauser c96 firing replicas?

Google is little bitch with this one.
>>
>>30044063
Doubt it. It would be cheaper to buy an original if they were
>>
>>30044063

Firing replicas are usually called reproductions.
>>
NO ONE IS MAKING THESE OK? NO ONE WANTS TO MAKE BRAND NEW C96S. STOP ASKING FOR REPRODUCTIONS OF YOUR FAVOURITE OBSCURE GUN. IT WILL NEVER BE WORTH IT FOR A COMPANY TO MAKE TOOLING AND MACHINES TO CREATE REPRODUCTIONS OF A 100 YEAR OLD HAND FITTED PISTOL. AND IF THEY DID, IT WOULD BE OUT OF YOUR PRICE RANGE.
>>
>>30044063
If you were to manufacture a replica in the modern day, it would actually be more expensive than the antique ones being used 80 years ago.

In addition, you are not allowed to legally attach a stock to a modern reproduction C96 without ATF paperwork (last time I checked)
>>
File: rip in sauerkraut.jpg (48 KB, 540x750) Image search: [Google]
rip in sauerkraut.jpg
48 KB, 540x750
>>30044260
>>
File: Dun kek on me.gif (1 MB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
Dun kek on me.gif
1 MB, 300x168
>>30044260
>mauser
>obscure
Just as obscure as lugers, pingers, or the K98.

And I would dig a modern recreation of a mauser. Not repro. Recreation. Redo the internals, change a few things, make it better.
>>
>>30044308
They are selling several at the cabelas in my area in their cases along with the stock
>>
>>30044260
or an unreliable, shitty piece of shit.
>>
>>30044723
New ones can't anon. That's the difference
>>
File: image.jpg (380 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
380 KB, 1600x1200
>>30044260
Fuck you man.
Colt's pulling out a bunch of old shit and making new production stuff.
Mauser is still making sporting versions of their K98s.
Garands are still made, 1911s are still made, and for fucks sake AKs are still made even though the design's well over fifty.
Stoeger made Lugers into the 90's and several other companies made them into the 50's and 60's.
Tokerevs are still made as modern production CC options.

So.
Fuck you and your "old shit is always terrible" attitude.
Not everyone wants tacticool.
Some people just want FUN motherfucker.
>>30044725
Few of these guns were shit.
A lot simply went out of demand for long enough that the companies went out of business, or were produced by the losing side of a war.
The C96 isn't shit, the Luger isn't shit, the Garand isn't shit, and so on.
A lot of them simply evolved, or became different guns because of various reasons.
Doesn't mean that nobody wants them.
They just don't necessarily need to be CCd, or brought hunting, or used in actual warfare.
>>
>>30045070
where are Garands being made and by who
>>
>>30045090
http://www.morrisonarms.com/2013/10/james-river-armory-m1-garand-a-curt-review/

Also, inland manufacturing is partnering with Ithaca to make new Ithaca shotguns that are period correct, as well as new M1 carbines.
>>
>>30045174
damn that's awesome, sadly I heard the M1 carbines are not that great, I hope the others are good I have been wanting a trench gun
>>
>>30045174
>Period correct Ithaca shotguns

YES
>>
>>30045070
well said
>>
>>30045237
Fuck you. M1s are great.
>>30045259
Yep. Check inland manufacturing a website.
>>30045308
Thank you.
>>
>>30045788
I agree M1 carbines are awesome and I want one, and I just realized I was thinking of the M1 reproductions made by Auto ordnance that have a bad reputation
>>
File: IMG_2997.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2997.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Just buy one before I get to them and stop being poor. Nobody is ever going to make them again.
>>
>>30045827
yeah the new production carbines are supposed to be cash, I kinda want one so I won't have to put wear on my original Inland
>>
>>30044723
ATF clarified that if it's an original C96, you can attach the original stock or a replica stock made to original specifications.
>>
>>30046591
are they better than Auto ordnance repros? I heard that AO repros are trash
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.