[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Media Rage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: IDF-18_6.jpg (51 KB, 778x351) Image search: [Google]
IDF-18_6.jpg
51 KB, 778x351
Decided to watch Independence Day because last time I saw it I was like 8 and I forgot the entire movie.

I am literally raging right now at this movie.

I had to pause this movie just to autism about it immediately.

>Firstly, USMC doing the initial air attack

Why? Why not the Air Force?

>Having no clue about the defenses
>Sending in 40+ air craft at once in an all or nothing attack
>Not having a small team try first
>Launching tiny ass AMRAAM's at a city sized craft
>When that doesn't work shooting Sidewinders with even less payload
>Not having any missiles left for when the enemy sorties
>Losing nearly every single F-18 due to having them all go in at once and depleting all of their payload

At least if they had only a small team go in the rest of the force could have been a QRF for the enemy response.

Are people who write movies fucking retarded?

Also Media Rage similar to this.
>>
>Are people who write movies fucking retarded?
Not necessarily.
People who consume movies are retarded, so the writers cater to their audience.
>>
if you think thats dumb check out the sequel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfJgT89hEME

>somehow recover from world wide city annihilation in 20 years
>back engineering alien tech
>16 year old walking baby factory is elite pilot
>alien ship is the size of a celestial body, even getting that close to earth would knock it out of orbit
>it somehow enters our atmosphere without causing an extinction event
>>
>>30040453
I'm mostly annoying they didn't have a sub start lobbing nukes the moment they learned the shields were down.
>>
>>30040708
And tridents would be targeted by... ?
>>
It's a movie, anon.

A Will Smith movie.
>>
File: minute.jpg (50 KB, 356x454) Image search: [Google]
minute.jpg
50 KB, 356x454
>>30040729
Nothing because plot. They could probably get some ICBM's up as well considering they only targeted cities and none of the silo's.
>>
>>30040453
>Also Media Rage similar to this.
the entire movie Battleship made my fucking head hurt.
>>
>>30040844
I'm not a real Navy Fag. Explain.
>>
>>30040453
>I had to pause this movie just to autism about it immediately.

Well, at least you admit to your autism.

Its a film about giant alien spaceships, Will Smith punching out aliens. And aforementioned alien spaceships being defeated by a 1990's macbook, and the thing you 'sperg out about is the fact that the military's actions are unrealistic?

Seriously?

How fucking autistic are you? are you the victim of an amateur trepanning?
>>
>>30040857
number one, they didn't detect the giant fucking alien thing in the ocean via satellites or some shit. seriously, its fucking gigantic. size of a CSG, how are you not seeing it.
the retarded damn the torpedoes strategy with the destroyers was up there too.
and that's not counting the fucking shitty "oh shit comms are jammed" forcefield thing.
best part, they fucking just grab the missouri from pearl.
when they could've just, I dunno, called a fucking boomer and told them to nuke the shit out of it.
also, the fact that a goddamn iowa bb won against a fucking alien ship that managed to kill 2 (maybe 3) burkes in a row and not give a fuck.
if there's a navyfag itt, feel free to add or criticize.
>>
>>30040880
Literally Noone gives a fuck about the Navy and their boats
>>
>>30040518

Fuck it I'll go see it. I loved the first one. Still do. It's a stupid plot but I fuckin' love Bill Pullman.
>>
>>30040518
And your dick will still be rock hard as F35s in spaaaaaaace btfo the ayys
>>
>>30040518
shouldve casted Jaden Smith desu

[spoiler]xD[/spoiler]
>>
>>30040453

Looks to me like they're shooting harpoons at the ship tho.
>>
File: V44.jpg (39 KB, 702x768) Image search: [Google]
V44.jpg
39 KB, 702x768
They do look to be agm-88 harpoons (hope i got that right) but what about the back ground craft i mean can a loaded air interdiction harrier keep up with a swept wing f-14 tomcat? Doesnt it have to be near super sonic speed to sweep the wings ? Its been a while since ive read up on either one so im clueless
>>
>>30040518
You're 100% right but if Bill Pullman gives another inspiring "we will not go quietly into the night" speech then It'll be 10/10
>>
>>30040518
Fuck you, that looks awesome. I love movies with a worldwide catastrophe.
>>
>>30040880
I'm not going to lie, and this may sound fucking dumb: if it's called battleship, I always thought it was a movie about, you know, the board game from Mattel battleship. I'm just dumb, that's all.

>>30040453
> why didn't they just send in the air force
Lol
>>
>>30041568
it actually is loosely based on the board game Battleship. If you remember, didn't the projectiles used by the ayys look strangely like the pegs used in the game 'Battleship'?
>>
>>30040871
/thread
>>
>>30040453
I thought if anything you would have sperged out over the slowly-advancing wall of fire in the tunnel.

Or the perfectly working "cold virus".

Or the welcome wagon and its patterns of light that say hello... somehow.

Or the alien autopsy with absolutely no security personel around whatsoever.
>>
>>30040518
>world wide city annihilation
uwot
they nuked a few cities, it wasn't like they nuked the entire world
>>
>>30040453
I think it's shooting a harpoon tbqh with you myfamilia.
>>
>>30040518
My Independick has such a freedom boner right now.
>>
>>30042033
If anything, nuking the cities did the world a favor, thus the sudden advancement of the human race in new movie
>>
>USMC doing the initial air attack

Wasn't just Marines. When the President is watching the counter attack unfold, you see squadrons coming in from all points of the compass, including the ocean, which would have been Navy fighters. Some of the land based ones would have been AFB or ANGB bases too.

>Having no clue about the defenses
Blame the SecDef for not briefing the President about the recovered craft at Area 51 and it's capabilities or suspected capabilities.

Wasn't all or nothing. The Black KNight's briefing says they're the first wave of the counter-attack. After the counter-attack turns into a massacre, the militaries have their planes disperse and hide, like the British, Isreali and Arab pilots in the desert, the Russians, others, until the counter attack at the climax.

Agreed on all other points.

The computer virus would have made more sense if they'd included a line about how the government pays for off the books projects like this, with the scientist saying they release reverse engineered tech via partnerships with the public sector or something. A computer and programming language based off reversed engineered enemy tech would have explained how David's virus worked and how they were able to hijack our satellites.
>>
>>30045017
If the last thing you said wasn't explicitly said, it was at least heavily implied to the point that kiddo me understood it perfectly.

The mad scientist guy definitely alludes to transistors and the miniaturization of electronics are 100% ayyyy tech, which carries on in the new movies F(35)-Wings and all the energy weapons and shit.
>>
>>30040453

> why not air force

That would make it another branch they would have to contact and work with. Complicates things.

OR the marines are so desperate for recruits they paid them to not include the air force lmao
>>
https://youtu.be/KuzlEjErUEo?t=495
how /k/ is this guy?
>>
>>30041197
The wing sweep becomes optimal as you approach the transonic region, so realistically, you're right. It COULD fly with the sweep, but they wouldn't do it.
>>
>>30046704
I'm 4 minutes in and this is fucking rad.
>>
>>30040453

Settle down skippy. The USMC leads the way because clearly they are the best.

Just kidding, did you miss the part where Will Smith was a USMC pilot out of Miramar Air Station in California.

Kind of makes sense since this was where the whole movie took place.
>>
File: dogfight 2.png (309 KB, 602x295) Image search: [Google]
dogfight 2.png
309 KB, 602x295
>>30040453

Since we're talking about movies, how accurate is this scene?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtXPQNW2HqE
>>
>>30046981
Oh jesus, not at all I'd say.
>>
>>30047015

Really? What did they get wrong?
>>
>ITT: Sperg low functioning autistics who are unable to enjoy Humanity FUCK YEAH because muh details get in the way

Holy shit go back to your basements you losers.
>>
>>30040518
XCOM: the movie its gonna be great
>>
>>30040518
>The fighter jets look like T-50s

what did they mean by this?
>>
>>30040518
>We have fucking anti-grav hovering ships like it's goddamn Mass Effect
>Blackhawks are still being used
Why?
>>
>>30040453
>Not having a small team try first
There is literally nothing wrong about this.
>>Launching tiny ass AMRAAM's at a city sized craft
>When that doesn't work shooting Sidewinders with even less payload
That was indeed pretty stupid. They should have bombed it in the first place.
>>
>>30040453
HELLO BOYS, I'M BAAAACK
>>
>>30040871
>amateur trepanning

Had to look that one up

Fucking kek
>>
>>30046704
this was good, that puta madre line
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.